THE KELP WRAP OR KELP MASSAGE
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© July 2021, LD Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
The Enhancement Or Kelp Trance
Putting kelp on the skin is an ancient healing procedure that quickly improves the nutritional state of a body. This procedure is wonderful to nourish the body faster and can speed up development.
We formerly recommended the kelp procedure only when one begins the development program. However, we now find it will speed up healing and development at any time. It one of the Accelerator Procedures of the development program.
WHY DOES IT WORK?
When beginning a program. Most people are quite malnourished when they begin the development program. This is due to improper diet, weak digestion, intestinal infections, improper intestinal flora and, at times, other conditions that affect the intestinal tract.
Correcting the diet is essential. However, due to weak digestion, even if one begins to eat correctly, renourishing the body is slow because one does not absorb enough nutrients due to weak digestion.
The kelp wrap is another way to move nutrients into the body quickly, safely and easily.
Where to do it. This procedure is somewhat messy. Possible places to do the procedure include sitting or lying in a bathtub or spreading a plastic shower curtain on the bathroom or other floor.
Kelp massage. If you have a partner of friend to help you, a kelp massage is excellent and very enjoyable. Couples report loving this procedure!
This can be done on a bed or a massage table by spreading towels to catch the kelp. Towels can be reused and do not need to be washed after every use.
Staying warm. Towels will also be needed to cover the person up once the kelp is applied or the person will become cold. An alternative is to position a few red heat lamps over the body to keep the person warm.
The light sleep state. Covering up with towels seems to assist one to go into a light sleep during and after the application of the kelp. This greatly speeds up healing and development. We discuss this interesting occurrence at the end of this article.
1. Powdered kelp. For one wrap, you will need about one pound of powdered kelp. Brands that are acceptable include Frontier Herbs, Starwest Herbs and Monterrey Bay Herb Company (www.herbco.com) in the USA, which is the least costly, I believe. Other brands of powdered kelp are okay, as well, but these are definitely very good.
2. Water. You will also need six cups of water for the boil method or about four cups of water if you pressure cook the kelp. You can use tap water, spring water or distilled water. I am told that distilled water is best.
3. Whole Wheat flour. You will need a few tablespoons of flour to make the kelp wrap more sticky.
4. Optional – plastic food wrap. This is used only if you want to wrap the body after applying the kelp. It is not required.
COOKING THE KELP
Cooking the kelp is important to kill any bacteria and other micro-organisms that may be mixed with the kelp. Cooking also balances the kelp in subtle ways, including making it more yang in macrobiotic terminology. This greatly enhances its effectiveness.
Two method of cooking. You can either boil the kelp or pressure cook it.
The boil method. 1. Bring about six cups of water to a boil. Then turn down the flame to simmer.
2. Slowly add about one pound of kelp powder. Stir it in slowly.
3. Adjust the flame on the stove and allow the mixture to simmer for half an hour. Check it from time to time, stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot and burn. Break up any lumps of kelp. Add a little more water if it gets too dry.
4. Add a little whole wheat flour at the end of the cooking to make the kelp more sticky so it will stick better to your skin. Usually, about one to two tablespoons of flour are all that are needed to make a sticky paste. The flour actually adds more nutrition to the procedure.
Pressure-cooking the kelp.
1. Put about four cups of water into a stove top pressure cooker. (At this time, we do not recommend the plug-in electric pressure cookers. Many are damaging the food.)
2. Heat up the water until it boils without closing the top of the pressure cooker.
3. Add about one pound of kelp powder to the boiling water and stir until there are no lumps.
4. Close up the pressure cooker and allow the pressure to build.
5. When the cooker reaches its operating pressure (usually the top vibrates or moves up), set a timer for five minutes.
6. When the timer rings, quickly depressurize the cooker by tilting the top (or there may be other procedures for some brands of pressure cookers).
7. Add one to two tablespoons of whole wheat flour to the kelp until you have a sticky paste.
APPLYING THE KELP
This is a little messy, but hopefully you can make it fun. Many people like it. You can apply the kelp to the skin of the whole body, or just to the legs or other parts of the body.
For example, the iodine in kelp is excellent for breast health, so applying some to the breasts is an excellent idea. It can be applied safely inside the ears, on the hair, and even a little inside the vagina.
You can apply the kelp yourself or someone can massage the kelp onto the skin.
Warmth. It is helpful to warm up the room because as the kelp dries, one may feel cold.
If you plan to do coffee enemas while you have the kelp on your skin, do not apply the kelp to the area of the buttocks. Also, do not apply it to the elbows, knees, and underarms as it will not stay on very well if you move around.
How long? Once the kelp is spread on the skin, let it stay there for two to four hours.
If the kelp dries on your skin, it will be a little more difficult to scrape it off and reuse it. So it may be better to apply a thicker layer that will remain moist for two hours.
A wrap. If you need to move around, or just for cleanliness, you can put clear food wrap over the kelp. This method is used at some health spas. You just wrap the food wrap around your legs, arms and trunk.
WHAT TO DO WHILE DOING THE KELP PROCEDURE
1. Down sex or down hugging. These procedures require two hours, so they can work well while the kelp is on the skin.
2. One or two coffee enemas, the pulling down exercise, and red heat lamp therapy. This is also a very efficient use of time! Spread a vinyl shower curtain liner on the floor of the bathroom, or on a yoga mat, or wherever you do coffee enemas. Apply the kelp first. But do not put kelp on your buttocks.
Then lie down and do one or preferably two coffee enemas back to back, as this is more powerful. At the same time, do the pulling down procedure, spinal twists and position a red heat lamp to do the red heat lamp therapy.
REMOVING THE KELP
After two to three hours, brush off the kelp or use a spoon or spatula to collect it. Put it in a container, and place it in the refrigerator to reuse it the next day.
To reuse the kelp, put it back on the stove and warm it up to near body temperature. You can boil it quickly to kill germs if it is contaminated or sweaty. However, you do not need to cook it more.
You can reuse the kelp for about one week if you do a kelp wrap every day. It might last a little longer if you use it less often. However, do not keep it more than about two weeks.
How often. So far, we find that one can safely do the kelp procedure daily for several years or longer. This is a subject of research.
Many babies love the kelp wrap. They love rubbing the warm, mushy kelp all over themselves and they love the nutritional effects.
Materials needed. If you do the kelp wrap on the floor, you will need an old vinyl shower curtain to spread on the floor. If you do it in the bathtub, you will need 3 or more rubber yoga mats to cover the bathtub so it is soft and non-slip.
You and baby will remain for a while, so you will need to bring toys or games for the baby.
Of course, you will need the kelp itself prepared the same way as for adults.
Location. The easiest place to do a kelp wrap on a baby is often for mother or father and baby to get in the bathtub together. An alternative is to spread a vinyl shower curtain on a carpeted or other soft floor.
If you use a bathtub, pad the bathtub with two or three rubber yoga mats so if the baby falls or rolls around he or she will not be hurt.
You can sit on a rubber mat or washable cushion. A low stool is actually the most comfortable method. A shower stool set on the lowest level is very good.
To begin. Make sure the bathroom is warm. You can leave a diaper on a baby or remove it. Parents should wear a bathing suit or underwear. We don’t recommend getting naked with babies.
After preparing the kelp, carefully get in the tub together and start rubbing the kelp on your baby.
Once applied, the kelp needs to remain on the baby’s skin for at least one hour and preferably two hours. So now it is playtime. The baby may also want to nap with the kelp on. Breastfeeding with the kelp on is also fine, although a bit messy for mother.
When you are done. After at least one hour and preferably two hours, it is time to finish up. Kelp can be reused up to 10 times, so to save money you may want to collect the kelp that you can and put it into a bucket or other plastic container. Using a few large plastic spoons to gather up the kelp is helpful. These are sold as beach toys for children. Gathering up the kelp can be fun for a baby, as well.
Before leaving the bathtub, be sure to wash all kelp off your feet so that you don’t slip. Putting on a pair of flip flops is also helpful to avoid slipping if the floor or your feet have any kelp left on them.
Problems. Fussy babies. A few fussy babies may not like getting all ‘dirty’ with kelp. However, our experience is that most babies are fine with it, especially if mother or father does it with them.
You may have to begin slowly the first few times until they are comfortable with it. It is basically “playing in the mud”, something most babies enjoy.
Throwing the kelp. A few babies may want to throw the kelp around the room. The bathtub is better if this occurs. Kelp is easy to wash off the walls, but less easy to wash out of carpets, for example.
Effects. Babies will look better, calm down, behave better, learn faster, and heal their eczema and other problems faster if you are willing to take the trouble to do kelp wraps with them.
ENHANCEMENT OF THE KELP PROCEDURE
Several clients have observed that a person who receives a kelp massage often feels sleepy and can easily go into a light sleep or trance state. When one does this, one heals and develops much faster! This is very exciting.
Caution. In this sleep state, one cannot speak, and this can feel scary. However, it is safe.
If one wants to end the session, one can signal the other person by raising an arm or moving a leg. Then the other person shakes the one receiving the kelp massage a little and he or she will wake up easily. We are continuing to research this interesting occurrence.