THE HEALING LIFESTYLE – A FREE NUTRITIONAL BALANCING PROGRAM
by Lawrence Wilson, MD
© March 2013, The Center for Development.
Introduction. This article contains the most important elements of a nutritional balancing program. They form a system that, when done correctly in the proper combination, has a powerful healing effect on most physical, as well as mental and emotional health conditions. My experience is this will allow most people to achieve a level of health far above what many believe is possible.
This article actually includes 3 free programs – one for adults, one for children, and one for future mothers, and pregnant and lactating women.
Costs of the free program. This “free program” is only free in the sense that it does not involve working with a practitioner or doctor, and this saves $150-250.00 when starting out. However, it is not totally “free” because you must buy:
1. The correct food and perhaps the drinking water.
2. The recommended nutritional supplements, especially the new one, TMG or trimethylglycine, which is helping many people to remove their toxic metals better. Working with an Approved Practitioner may be cheaper, in this regard, as many give discounts on supplements.
3. To do all of it, you will need an enema bag or enema bucket, and some coffee.
4. To do all of it, you will also need a reddish “heat lamp” from a hardware store, or preferably you will build or buy a heat lamp sauna.
ADVANTAGES OF THE FREE PROGRAM
1. You can begin it today. You do not have to wait for the results of your hair mineral analysis, which usually requires 2-3 weeks.
2. You can try out nutritional balancing without having to pay much money.
3. If you graduate to a complete nutritional balancing program with one of the Approved Practitioners, you will have quite a head start. You will already know a lot about the diet and the procedures. This can save weeks of learning about these important parts of the program. You will also have some of the supplements.
DISADVANTAGES AND CAUTIONS REGARDING THE FREE PROGRAM
1. Everything on the program must be done correctly or it may not work. I wish the program were not so precise, but we find that it is. Adding, subtracting or changing the program easily wrecks its power and effectiveness. Ways people sabotage the program are changing the diet, ignoring the diet, using brands of supplements that do not work well, using too much or not enough coffee in the enemas, or adding other supplements, foods or procedures.
2. Healing reactions may occur that can be annoying or even frightening. Even this free program will bring up chronic infections, emotional issues, and toxic conditions in the body in order to help release them. When these healing reactions occur, many people become frightened and quit the program, thinking they are becoming more ill. However, this is rarely true. You may read about this in the article entitled Purification Reactions.
3. You won’t have as much support and supervision. Having someone to call or email whenever you wish is very helpful in many ways during this healing program, as questions always seem to arise. Having a supportive person to assist you is extremely helpful and perhaps necessary. You will not be able to depend on your medical doctor, naturopath or friends for this purpose, in my experience, as they are not familiar with the NB principles and their application. Please read Why Nutritional Balancing Is Not A Do-It-Yourself Program.
4. The program is not as powerful. The free program is offered to the public, with no knowledge of your particular health conditions. For this reason, the free program must be general, in nature. It is therefore less powerful than an individualized program.
A complete nutritional balancing program is much more powerful. It involves contacting one of the Approved Practitioners and obtaining a hair mineral analysis to assess your body chemistry.
The diet, supplements and procedures will then be suggested for you in an individualized manner. Some people need this individualized program desperately, while others can do well for a while on this free program.
In addition, an Approved Practitioner will periodically suggest a retest hair mineral analysis and a new program to keep up with changes in your body chemistry. That is, hair mineral analysis retests are used to keep the nutritional balancing program appropriate for your body chemistry.
5. It can waste time. You will heal faster with a more specific, individualized complete program.
6. While uncommon, the free program could be harmful. For example, you can worsen your oxidation rate if you follow the slow oxidizer diet when you really need the fast oxidizer diet. If I thought this was a matter of life and death I would not offer the free programs, but the incorrect diet definitely slows or stops progress.
With these warnings, let us move on to the free programs.
THE FREE PROGRAMS
Modifications for children and mother-to-be, pregnancy and lactation
1. Children. Diet. The diet applies equally to children. Children under about age 3 – 8 are usually fast oxidizers and must have some fat or oil with each meal, along with their cooked vegetables. They also must have fewer grains and other starches. For babies, see the article entitled The Baby Manual.
Procedures: We do not recommend coffee enemas, meditation or saunas to young children. However, babies and children can use a single reddish heat lamp on their abdomen and back for between 15 and 45 minutes daily. Children less than about 5 are best with about 15-20 minutes of the reddish heat lamp therapy. Over age 5 or 6, increase the time with the lamp to 30 minutes. Over age 9 or 10, increase to 45 minutes.
2. Mothers-to-be, pregnancy and lactation. Nutritional balancing is superb to prepare for pregnancy, and during pregnancy and lactation. I have never seen a problem with a nutritional balancing program in relation to its safety during pregnancy or lactation.
The diet need not be modified, in most cases. Be sure to eat plenty. To provide extra iron during pregnancy, eat more red meat and dark green vegetables.
Supplements: If eating more meat and greens does not supply enough iron, which is rare, pregnant women may need an iron supplement in the third trimester of pregnancy, in particular. Good sources are several tablets daily of desiccated liver tablets or chelated iron tablets. Prescription iron from the medical doctor is often in a form that is irritating and poorly absorbed.
Rarely, during lactation a baby will become colicky due to a supplement the mother is taking. One must experiment to figure out which supplement is causing problems. Sometimes changing the time one takes the supplement relative to feeding times will help the problem.
Procedures: Avoid sauna therapy during pregnancy, as it sometimes upsets the baby. Coffee enemas and the other procedures are excellent, as are the supplements.
DIET FOR THE FREE PROGRAM
The following is a basic healthful diet, according to the principles of nutritional balancing science. If you elect to follow a complete nutritional balancing program based on a properly performed and correctly interpreted hair mineral analysis, this diet will be adjusted somewhat.
1. Eat 2-3 cups of cooked vegetables at each meal, least three times daily. This means 6-9 cups of cooked vegetables daily. The vegetables should be cooked until soft, NOT RAW. You will obtain many more minerals from cooked vegetables than from raw ones, cooking kills bacteria on vegetables, and the losses due to proper cooking are minimal. Do not eat many salads for this reason. Each day, eat at least:
A) Two Root vegetables, such as carrots, turnips, rutabaga, daikon, sweet potato, yams, or onions.
B) Two Cruciferous vegetables, such as cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, or cauliflower.
C) One or two Greens, such as spinach, kale, carrot tops, cilantro, mustard greens, Chinese cabbage, bok choy or Swiss chard.
2. With your cooked vegetables, eat ONE protein OR ONE starch at a meal. In other words, do not mix meat and eggs at one meal, as these are both proteins. Also, do not mix rice and corn tortillas, for example, at the same meal, as these are both starches. Also, preferably do not mix a starch with a protein.
The reason for simple meals is to ease digestion. It is fine to have 4 or even 5 meals daily. However, do not just graze or snack all day. Have sit-down, relaxed meals.
For example, you may have a cooked vegetable or two with a chicken thigh or two. Then, a few hours later, have a cooked vegetable or two with a starch such as brown rice, corn tortillas or quinoa. These are simple food combinations and much easier to digest. You may also have just a cooked vegetable meal, for example, or just some lamb chops. Eating only one food per meal is even easier to digest, and usually best, although some people find it boring. Babies and young children usually prefer to eat this way, as do many so-called primitive people, as it works very well. it is especially recommended if your digestion is weak.
Here are more details:
Fill two-thirds of your plate or more! with cooked vegetables at least three every day. Seventy to eighty percent of your diet should be cooked vegetables, not raw vegetables. Eat cooked vegetables three times daily to get enough.
Vegetables provide hundreds of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fiber. They also increase the alkalinity of the body more than any other food group. This is important today because the balance of the pH is a factor in healing. Do not try to alkalinize the body with a water machine, however. These are not safe, in my experience, no matter what the sales people contend. They usually use tap water and may contain toxic metals. The best vegetables are:
1. Root vegetables. These include carrots, onion, leeks, scallions, garlic, ginger, rutabaga, turnips and celery root, and to a lesser degree beets, yams and sweet potatoes. Have at least 2 kinds of root vegetables each day.
2. The cabbage (or crucifers or brassica species). Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, collard greens, mustard seed, mustard greens, bok choy, Chinese cabbage or Napa cabbage. It also includes turnips and rutabaga. The cruciferous vegetables are wonderful foods and some should be eaten daily. They all must be cooked about 30 minutes to completely remove a substance that otherwise can slow the thyroid a little. Eat at least 2 kinds of cruciferous vegetables each day.
3. Greens such as spinach, kale, Swiss chard, mustard greens, beet greens, carrot greens or others are superb. A little celery is okay when cooked, but it is not as good. Please eat a large portion of greens at least three times per week.
4. Peas and green beans, both fresh and frozen, are also very good. A bag of frozen peas cooks in five minutes and makes an excellent, tasty and filling meal. You may have peas several times a week.
5. Winter squashes and pumpkin. Winter squashes (acorn, spaghetti and butternut squashes) and pumpkin are not quite as good because they are more yin, but okay once or twice a week if you wish. They are actually fruits, as they contain seeds. Avoid the summer squashes (zucchini, suburst and summer squash) or have them rarely, as they are too yin.
Vegetables to avoid. Avoid the nightshade vegetables, which are too yin and slightly toxic for regular consumption. They include tomatoes, white and red potatoes, eggplant and all peppers, such as sweet and hot peppers, and table pepper, which is usually rancid. A little cayenne pepper as a spice is fine, but avoid very hot spicy food.
Others to minimize or avoid include zucchini, summer squashes, okra, asparagus, artichokes, mushrooms, celery and cucumbers. These are all too yin or a bit toxic. Celery is fair, and once in a while is fine, but not daily. It is slightly toxic. Otherwise, the vegetables, always cooked, are superb foods.
Remember to cook your vegetables always. I know many health authorities recommend raw vegetables. However, I find that people do not absorb enough minerals from raw foods, including salads. Also, raw vegetables are too yin, and in restaurants they are often unclean. You can have a cooked vegetable salad if you prefer, but not a raw salad. To read more, read Raw Food on this website.
Eat protein twice daily or even a little with each meal, if it helps you. Protein foods, especially those of animal quality, offer many nutrients including zinc, selenium, sulfur, many vitamins, essential amino acids, essential fatty acids and much more. Please do not follow a vegetarian diet for this reason. Portion size can be 3-5 ounces or so for adults.
Meats. Among the best protein foods are lamb, chicken, eggs, and turkey. Some wild game is very good. Beef is not quite as good, though naturally-raised, grass-fed beef is okay about once a week.
Dairy products. Raw dairy only is an excellent food for most people, unless one is allergic to dairy. This can include raw goat, sheep or cows milk cheeses, plain yogurt or kefir or up to ONLY 4 OUNCES DAILY of raw goat or raw cows whole milk. Organic milk is not as good as raw milk, but okay if you wish. However, do not drink more n 4 ounces of milk daily, as it is quite yin.
Goat products tend to be a little better than cow dairy, although not always. Go to www.realmilk.com to help find raw dairy products, or ask around in your town, as many towns have people who can supply raw dairy products, even if they are not yet legal.
AVOID most pasteurized dairy products, although some butter or cream is okay for most people. Pasteurized dairy products are not nearly as healthful. Read Dairy Products to learn about this. If you absolutely cannot find raw dairy, look for organic dairy products, though they are not as good as the raw ones. The laws prohibiting raw dairy products are quite insane, and simply a way to control the milk supply. They need to be changed.
Soft-cooked eggs are a wonderful and very inexpensive protein food. Most people can have eggs three times a week or more. Up to 6 or 8 eggs weekly are good for most people. Be sure to cook eggs soft, with the yolk runny. This means either soft boil them for 3-4 minutes, or eat them poached or soft in some other way.
Fish. Avoid most fish, and all seafood and shellfish due to toxic metal contamination.
The exception is that 3-4 cans of sardines weekly are excellent for adults, and less for children. They are acceptable because they are very small, so they do not accumulate much mercury. They are also excellent sources of vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids, and an important form of selenium.
Avoid all other fish and definitely avoid all shellfish or seafood. Most are contaminated with mercury. Wild caught fish are no better in most cases, though they are fed better.
Nuts, seeds and nut butters. Nuts and seeds are hard to digest and more yin, although they are nutritious. So limit them. An exception is that some toasted almond butter several times weekly is good for most people. A little of the other nut or seed butters is okay, on occasion.
Proteins to avoid. Pork, ham and all pig products may contain parasitic infections, even if well-cooked. Also reduce beef, though some naturally raised beef is okay occasionally. Most beef cattle are very hybridized and less healthful. Avoid all processed meats and American cheese or “cheese food”. Also avoid organ meats, as they are toxic with heavy metals, unfortunately.
Smoothies, protein powders, whey powder and other shakes. I much prefer whole foods to any type of powders or meal replacement drinks. The reasons are 1) smoothies generally require something sweet with them, which is yin. 2) they are often bad food combinations, and 3) they mix too much water with the food, which is very bad for digestion.
For best digestion, stay with whole, natural foods and avoid all smoothies.
About 10% of the diet may be cooked grains. While these can be excellent foods, many people do not handle them well due to yeasts in the intestines and other intestinal difficulties. The best whole grains for most people are organic blue corn, as in the blue corn organic tortilla chips or blue corn tortillas. Others are brown rice, white Basmati rice, quinoa, millet, and amaranth.
Others, provided you don’t have gluten sensitivity, include rye, oats, and barley. However, many people feel better without any gluten in their diet.
Avoid wheat and spelt in all forms. Wheat is a very hybridized food, like beef and some dairy today. As a result, wheat has become an unbalanced and inflammatory food. An important habit change is to avoid all foods made with wheat such as most breads, pastries, cakes, cookies, flour tortillas, hot and cold cereals, soups thickened with flour, and wheat pasta. Wheat pasta is less processed and a little better, but still best avoided. If you want pasta, use rice, corn, quinoa or other non-wheat pasta.
Also avoid or limit buckwheat, which is not related to wheat, but is slightly toxic.
Always cook grains thoroughly. Avoid granola, trail mix and muesli, which may not be well-cooked. Grains are best eaten freshly cooked, if possible. However, pasta made from corn, rice or quinoa, and organic blue or yellow corn chips are fine, as are blue or yellow corn tortillas.
FATS AND OILS
These are extremely important foods, especially for fast oxidizers. Good sources of fats and oils are raw dairy products, good quality eggs, meats, some olive and other types of unrefined oils, and a little nut and seed butters. Most people need between one and three tablespoons of fats daily.
Avoid most French fries and other deep fried foods, as the oil is often overheated and damaged. Avoid coconut oil and palm oil. Some health authorities recommend these oils, and a little is fine, but they are too yin in Chinese terminology for regular use.
FRUIT AND SWEETS
Avoid all fruits, which I find are not good for almost everyone today. They are almost all hybrids that are too sweet, and they have less nutrition than most other natural foods. They are also very yin in Chinese medical terms. Fruits often upset the blood sugar level and very often contribute to intestinal diseases such as yeast infections. Also, while technically alkaline-forming, most people cannot utilize them properly and they acidify the body, at times. Most also contain a toxic form of potassium due to the use of N-P-K fertilizers.
Do your best to change your eating habits to avoid all fruit and sweets, perhaps with the exception of a few berries for desert on occasion, or a rare piece of apple or other juicy fruit in the summer during the fruit’s season. A few olives are also fine, especially the Botija olives from Peru.
Avoid all dried fruit, fruit juices and tropical fruits such as citrus fruit, pineapple, mangos, bananas and others. For more on this important food, read Fruit-Eating on this website.
Also avoid all sugars, if possible. Do not substitute artificial sweeteners if possible. If you must, use a little stevia as a sweetener. Less desirable are raw honey, agave syrup or maple syrup. All the sweeteners are extremely yin and thus not healthful today.
Plain water should be your main beverage. Finding healthful water to drink is extremely important, in our experience. Spring water that is bought in plastic bottles or delivered to your home is fine. An alternative is to go to WWW.FINDASPRING.COM to perhaps find a spring near you where you can fill up your own water jugs. Spring water provides many minerals the body needs and it is untampered with.
If you cannot afford spring water, the next best water is usually carbon-filtered tap water. Do not use fancy multi-stage water filters. Use a carbon filter only. The others may clean up the water, but they appear to damage it as well.
Besides pure water, only mild teas hydrate the body perfectly. These include black or green tea, chamomile, hibiscus, mint, strawberry leaf and other mild herbal blends. Please do not add sweeteners to them, if at all possible.
Almost all adults need to drink three (3) quarts of water each and every day. An excellent habit is to drink up to 1 quart of healthful spring water upon arising in the morning.
Avoid all reverse osmosis water, such as “purified water”, “drinking waters”, and others. RO does not hydrate the body as well, and is devoid of minerals and very yin. Avoid water machines such as alkaline water machines. Read Water For Drinking on this website for much more on water.
Also avoid alkaline water, and almost all “designer” or fancy waters sold in health food stores and elsewhere. Too often, these are made with reverse osmosis water or other types of water that do not hydrate the body as well.
Avoid adding minerals to your water. In all cases, so far, this detracts from the overall quality of the water because water is a type of living food. Randomly adding minerals to it damages the quality of the water, which is extremely complex.
Water should be your main beverage. A cup or two of a mild tea daily is fine. One cup of coffee daily is fair, but okay if desired. Do not drink kombucha tea. A little coconut water is okay, but it is quite yin.
Avoid all fruit juice. Do not add fruit to carrot juice unless a child, perhaps, demands a little to accept the taste of carrot juice. Also, avoid drinking more than 12 ounces of juice, as this is not needed or helpful.
Avoid all soda pop, “energy drinks” and strong sweetened teas. Also avoid kombucha tea, which contains a lot of aldehydes, and alcohol in all forms, as much as possible. Wine is often the most contaminated alcoholic beverage, as many pesticides are used on grapes.
Herbs and condiments. Use sea salt with your cooking. However, do not drink water with sea salt in it. Strictly avoid table salt, a very poor quality product.
Some nutritional yeast and rice polishings are excellent additions to any diet. Mustard is an excellent spice that can be added to many dishes.
Other good spices are cumin, turmeric, garlic, dill, rosemary, thyme, oregano, curry powder and other mild herbs.
Avoid or use sparingly all medicinal herbs, especially those imported from Asia or Latin America. Sadly, today we find that all the Ayurvedic and Chinese herbs usually contain toxic metals in excessive amounts. Most herbal programs are not compatible with nutritional balancing science. We will suggest herbs that are safe if you embark on a complete nutritional balancing program.
Other foods and restaurants to avoid. Avoid most prepared and processed foods. Instead, make your own simple dishes. Also avoid most frozen prepared meals, as most contain many chemical ingredients. Read labels if you are not sure. Some frozen meals are okay, but not many.
Restaurants are a problem, unless you know the food is made freshly and not laced with hundreds of chemicals. Look for ethnic restaurants such as Chinese, Thai, and East Indian that use a lot of cooked vegetables. Chain restaurants are often the worst, in terms of cutting corners. Avoid the common fast food restaurants, as their food is generally of lower quality.
Cooking. Preferably steam your food to cook it. Other good methods are stir-frying, crock pots, and occasionally baking vegetables or meats or cooking over a barbeque. Do not overcook meats, in particular. Cook eggs lightly so the yolks are still runny. For example, soft boil eggs only 3-4 minutes, poach, loosely scramble, or fry them, but not so much that the yolks are hard. Only dairy products should be eaten raw.
Many doctors recommend raw salads. We do not, however. The reasons are 1) raw food is often contaminated with bacteria and parasites, 2) our bodies have difficulty extracting all the minerals from raw food, 3) raw foods are often cold and take more energy to digest, and 4) cooking concentrates many foods, allowing one to eat more vegetables. The exception is dairy products, which are best eaten raw, when you can find them. This is generally safe. Especially when dining out, avoid all raw food for reasons of cleanliness.
Eating Habits. Do not skip meals. Preferably, eat a meal every few hours if you have hypoglycemia. However, do not eat or snack all the time. Rest a few minutes before eating. Then sit down in a quiet place to eat. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly. Relax at least 10 minutes after eating before leaving the table or returning to your activities. Rotate your diet, eating the same food no more than every other day, if possible.
Avoid eating while driving, when upset, or in noisy places. Do not to drink a lot of liquid with meals. Drink up to 15 minutes before a meal or an hour or more afterwards. This prevents diluting your stomach’s digestive juices with too much liquid.
Simplicity. The simplest food combinations are easiest on your digestion. If you can, be satisfied with a single food or two at a meal, as this is best. It also simplifies food preparation and cleanup.
Also, if possible, refrain from putting a lot of dressings, sauces, relishes, sweeteners and spices on your food. These, too, can upset a stressed digestive system. Human beings used to eat much simpler meals in earlier times, and their digestion was far better.
SPECIAL FOODS FOR A HEALTHY LIFE
Certain foods and nutrients are so needed today that eating them almost automatically can extend your life and dramatically improve your health. That is how excellent they are.
These special foods today are sardines, organic blue corn tortillas or organic blue corn chips. Others are mustard and kelp.
The humble sardine is one of the best foods to eat on a regular basis. I know many people do not like them, but they are excellent, although they are in cans. Try mixing them with mustard or adding them to other dishes. Sardines are extremely healthful for the following reasons:
1. Low in mercury. The small size and short lifespan of the sardine means that it has much less opportunity to pick up mercury. Larger fish, even salmon, can concentrate mercury up to a million times more than sardines. Sardines are also usually wild-caught rather than farm-raised. Farmed fish are usually not fed quality feed.
2. High in Vitamin D, calcium, RNA/DNA, and omega-3 fatty acids. Sardines are a wonderful source of all of these hard-to-find nutrients that everyone needs today.
3. Bioavailable selenium. The whole fish, and especially the skin, contains a lot of a very bioavailable form of selenium. This is an important mineral today for everyone that is very hard to find in our food supply.
4. A developmental food. The particular nutrient content of sardines, but not other fish or seafood, assists in the development of some higher brain centers. These brain ganglia greatly enhance the activity of the nervous system and brain. This is why I call it a developmental food. Sardines are generally far better than using drugs or herbs to enhance your brain power.
Fresh sardines are ideal, but the canned ones, any brand, are fine, as well. Check the expiration date for freshness. Adults may have three or four cans of sardines per week.
ORGANIC BLUE CORN (TORTILLAS OR CORN CHIPS)
Organically grown blue corn is one of the finest foods for several reasons:
1. A wide variety of nutrients. The most important is a highly available form of selenium, a critical mineral that is in short supply today. Most selenium in foods and supplements is not well utilized, such as that found in most meats, Brazil nuts, yeast and several other foods. Selenium in blue corn is far more available for most people.
2. High in anti-oxidants, giving it the blue color. These nutrients are also found in some bluish fruits, but the fruits are too yin. Cooked organic corn is much less yin.
3. Low in gluten. Corn is much better tolerated than wheat, for example, which is a harmful food today as it is so hybridized and high in gluten and glutamine.
Reactions to corn chips. Some people do not like corn chips because they are made with refined vegetable oils. However, this can easily be balanced consuming extra omega-3 fatty acids in the form of sardines, or taking a supplement of fish oil, flax oil or hempseed oil. Other omega-3 fatty acids sources don’t seem to work as well, or are toxic such as krill oil.
Some people react to corn, perhaps due to its rather high gylcemic index. It turns to sugar quickly in the body, upsetting the body a little and feeding yeast in some people. This sensitivity usually goes away quickly with a nutritional balancing program. If possible, have about 2-3 bags of organic blue corn chips or a package of organic blue corn tortillas weekly.
Kelp, a sea vegetable, is another wonderful food. However, it must be the kelp capsules from Nature’s Way or Solaray companies only, or granules from Frontier Herbs or Monterrey Bay Herbs. This is important because many brands of kelp are different species that are not as good, and higher in mercury.
The correct brand of kelp is a life-saving food supplement that I recommend for everyone. It is a rich source of hundreds of trace and ultra-trace minerals. It is also better than most “mineral supplements”, including earth-based products like fulvic and humic acid, zeolite, sea-based minerals, and others.
One of its most important roles is to provide bioavailable iodine, a mineral that few are getting enough of from their food. Kelp is far more physiological than most other iodine products, and more balanced so it does not cause toxicity, as do the others. It also contains a very bioavailable form of calcium not found in most foods.
Kelp is also a source of many phytonutrients that are hard to find in other foods. So it provides a host of nutrients at a very reasonable cost.
Kelp versus “green superfoods”. Kelp is the best green superfood. I prefer kelp to others because:
1. Others often contain chelators such as chlorella, cilantro, and zeolite. We find these always remove some vital minerals from the body.
2. Others contain algae that is less compatible with human physiology such as spirulina, chlorella and blue-green algae that we always find are slightly toxic.
3. Kelp does not go rancid, as do the green powders. The salt in kelp apparently preserves it far better.
4. Kelp is far more yang in Chinese terminology than the others, which makes it a more balanced and healthful product.
5. Kelp contains far more alginates than the others. This compound protects the body against mercury and other toxic metals present in most sea vegetables and other foods. All the other green foods contain either none of this chemical, or much less of it. This is why I never recommend other sea vegetables, although they are nutritious foods.
Reactions to kelp. Kelp is a powerful food supplement and herb. Occasionally, a person has a reaction to kelp. In most cases it is mild and temporary. The cause is often the removal of an iodine antagonist, either a bromine, fluorine or chlorine compound. Iodine is stimulating in a few instances. Most of the time, just reduce the dose for a while, and then work up very slowly. Most everyone has been able to take kelp eventually.
Adults can work up to about 1800 mg of kelp daily, taken in divided doses with meals. Children also need kelp, and should take less depending on their weight and size. Children less than three years old usually do not need to take kelp.
FOOD SUPPLEMENTS FOR MOST ADULTS
Several food supplements are excellent for everyone today. These are all the supplements that I suggest until you decide to send in a hair sample to begin a complete nutritional balancing program:
1. TMG or trimethylglycine. Adults should take about 1500 mg daily. Children need less, depending on their size and weight. This simple supplement helps with toxic metal removal in many people. Click on TMG to read about this excellent supplement.
2. Megapan or a similar multi-mineral/multi-vitamin product. Megapan is from Endomet Laboratories. If you are trying to match it, it has no copper and no iron in it. It also has about 10 mg of each of the B-complex, and a little selenium, zinc, and chromium. These are the main ingredients to match.
3. Kelp capsules. For adults: between 3 and 6 660 mg capsules of kelp daily, but ONLY from Nature’s Way, Solaray or the other brands mentioned in the article entitled Kelp. You may also take about a tablespoon of kelp granules from Frontier Herbs or Monterrey Bay Herbs.
4. Omega-3 fatty acids. These are critical as most people are very low in them. Adults need about 1000 mg daily of omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil, preferably, or other source of omega-3 fatty acids. Cod liver oil or fermented butter oil do not work as well. Krill oil is somewhat toxic and not recommended.
5. Vitamin D3, 5000 iu daily.
6. Calcium, magnesium and zinc. Most people need about 750 mg of a quality calcium product, 450 mg of a quality magnesium product, and about 20-30 mg of a good zinc product. The minerals should be chelates, lactates, citrates or other high quality minerals.
7. A powerful digestive aid. It should ideally contain ox bile and pancreatin. This is the most yang and usually the most powerful, as well.
8. If you can afford it, take several dried vegetable capsules daily. This is usually much better than a green superfood powder, as the powders oxidize and go rancid quickly.
Į The kind of supplement, the brand, and the dosage are all critical. Please do not alter any of theses three factors.
Į Children should take less, depending upon their size and weight.
Į A good and very inexpensive brand of supplements in the supermarket or drugstore is NatureMade. They are not quite as good as some professional brands, but they usually work very well. Stay away from most other brands in stores because we find that some do not work as well, no matter how expensive they are.
OTHER HEALING FACTORS
1. Reduce stress wherever you can by living simply and inexpensively. Also, do your best to live and work in a safe location with clean air, peace and quiet.
2. More rest is critical for most people. Do your best to get 9-10 or more hours of sleep every night. Also, getting to sleep early, between 8 and 9 PM, will give you the most restful night’s sleep. Naps are excellent during the day and may also be needed, as you may feel tired at times as healing occurs.
3. Gentle exercise only is best with a nutritional balancing program because it will help conserve most of your energy for healing. Limit your exercise to gentle walking, hiking, bicycling or perhaps swimming in lakes, oceans or rivers but not pools, preferably, due to toxic chemicals and infections. Although some health authorities will disagree, it is not necessary to exercise vigorously. Even Kenneth Cooper, the founder of aerobics, discovered this after a number of people dropped dead of heart attacks during vigorous exercise routines. Most people are 1) exhausted, and 2) very unhealthy. As a result, vigorous exercise may feel good, but just stresses the body severely and is never a good idea.
4. Deep breathing every day for at least 15-30 minutes is also excellent.
5. Abstain altogether from sexual fluid loss, or minimize it. This means try not to ejaculate, men, and for women it means to limit orgasms and sexual fluid loss. Regular sex once a week is plenty.
6. Sun exposure for 10 to 20 minutes daily is very good. Do not stay in the sun for hours, as this is toxic, even if you wear sunscreen. Most suncreens are toxic as well, so please do not use them.
7. Reduce toxic exposures. Reduce all chemicals on your skin such as perfumes, cologne, lotions, etc. Also beware of lawn chemicals, pesticides, solvents, paints, and other toxins. Use only natural products with as few chemicals in them as possible.
8. Avoid and remove all silver amalgam dental fillings and root canal-filled teeth. If you have silver amalgam dental fillings, begin now to have them replaced with either composite fillings or gold alloy. The silver amalgams contain mercury that is extremely toxic.
Root canal-filled teeth almost always harbor serious infection, even if you cannot feel it. Most of the time, it is best to have the tooth removed. This can be extremely important in order to regain and maintain your health.
Also, do not get fluoride treatments and do not get metal braces on your teeth. The metal usually contains nickel, a potent toxin.
9. Minimize electromagnetic pollution. Try to use a wired land telephone, rather than a cell phone. If you must use a cell or portable phone, hold it away from your head or use a headset or speakerphone. Turn off all electrical devices when you sleep, and keep them as far away as possible from you at all times.
10. Mininize and preferably avoid using all medical drugs and over-the-counter drugs.
1. Carrot Juice daily. Every adult needs to drink about 10-12 ounces of carrot juice daily, preferably away from a meal. If possible, wait 15 minutes after drinking it before eating a meal. One or two ounces of wheat grass juice is also fine as a substitute, but not all the time. Read more about this later in this article and in the article entitled Carrot Juice for more information about this wonderful food item.
Suggestions for juicing carrots:
Š Use a juicer, and not a blender such as the Vitamix or others. Blenders do not break up the carrots enough to extract all the nutrients. They also mix the juice with too much water and air, which is not desirable. Also, they leave the pulp intact, which is not desirable in this case.
Š Try to have your carrot juice alone, rather than with any other food or beverage. Wait at least 15 minutes before eating or drinking other items to give the juice time to be absorbed.
Š Those with yeast problems or sugar sensitivity may not tolerate carrot juice well. In this case, drink one half or one-third of your juice, put the rest in the refrigerator and drink more of it every few hours. This avoids putting a lot of sugar into your blood stream at one time. Be sure your juice is fairly fresh. If store-bought juice does not taste good, it may be moldy or have pesticides in it.
2. Daily near infrared sauna therapy. Near infrared light sauna therapy was added to nutritional balancing several years ago because it is a fabulous, inexpensive and quite safe healing and detoxification procedure. It is not required for everyone, but often greatly speeds up healing. With regular use, it allows the body to eliminate hundreds of toxic chemicals and two dozen toxic metals in a few years that would otherwise take much longer.
It also helps tremendously to safely eliminate chronic infections. It also dramatically improves circulation, hydration and oxygenation of the body. Near infrared saunas are dry, clean and use very little electricity. We can help you build one with free plans, or we offer a simple frame sauna for $579.00. For more on this subject, read Sauna Therapy on this website.
3. Daily coffee enemas. Coffee enemas are remarkable in their ability to remove toxins from the liver and colon. Done properly, they are safe and a powerful detoxification procedure that I always recommend with a nutritional balancing program. While not mandatory, they greatly speed up the healing process for most people. For more information about them and the procedure for doing them, read Coffee Enemas on this website.
4. Daily use of the Roy Masters mental training exercise, with my modification. While not absolutely necessary, the Roy Masters meditation, with my modifications, is an amazing key for calming the mind and emotions, and developing self-awareness and grounding. It also brings an energy into the body that assists healing. This is the only mental exercise I suggest. It is described in more detail in an article entitled Meditation on this website.
5. The daily spinal twist. This simple exercise will help keep your spine in alignment, and may be as good as some chiropractic, although it is not a substitute for excellent chiropractic care.
Lie down on your back with your legs straight, feet together but not crossed, and your arms stretched out to the sides. First gently and slowly turn your head from left to right, several times. This, alone, will help adjust your neck and upper back. If you can do it gently, move your head as far to the right and to the left as you can. Always do it slowly, however, and never force anything.
Part II. This is for your mid and lower back, an area that most people have difficulty with. Lying down straight on a bed or floor, with your arms out to the sides, lift your left leg straight up in the air and gently swing it to your right over the other leg so it twists your spine to the right. Stay here for a few breaths and slowly release. Repeat on the other side. This exercise stretches, aligns and helps energy flow through the spine.
6. Rub your feet daily, or preferably twice daily. using the principles of foot reflexology. This is a simple, inexpensive, safe, but quite powerful procedure that anyone can do at home. It will balance the channel system of the body and by so doing help release toxins, help relax the body, and improve many types of symptoms. I suggest doing it in the morning at before bed at night.
Also, pull each toe downward and then twist each toe back and forth a few times. Many times, they will pop or snap, which is good. Ten minutes for each foot is sufficient in most cases. Click on the Foot Chart and the article entitled Reflexology for more information about this simple, yet effective healing method that is available to most everyone.
A COMPLETE NUTRITIONAL BALANCING PROGRAM
The information in the paragraphs above is basic for a healthful lifestyle, diet and healing program that, in my experience, will actually heal over 50% of people’s symptoms, with nothing else added. It is the place to begin.
The next step, if you so choose, is to embark on a more precise and more personalized nutritional balancing program. This involves sending a hair sample to one of the Approved Practitioners listed on this website. The program you will receive will combine most of the above with more specific instructions.
In addition, an individualized program will include several more food supplements based on your hair analysis patterns, and more precise instructions on the use of the detoxification procedures. In addition, the hair mineral test may offer other clues and information that may help us design a more personalized program for you. For more on this topic, go to Find A Practitioner And Begin A Nutritional Balancing Program.