THE BABY MANUAL (with a section on newborns)
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© September 2018, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is solely the opinion of the authors and for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
This is a very important article. Rare exceptions occur, but in almost all cases, the advice in this article works! Topics are arranged in alphabetical order, so look them over to find what you want.
Activity level. Please do not stress your baby in any way. They need loads of rest and sleep. Do not keep babies up late at night, either. Also, do not make babies stay up when they want to go to sleep, and do not wake babies up when they are sleeping. They mainly like to be left alone, with maybe a hug and a change of diapers frequently, but that is about it. Please read about Diapers below.
Animals. Babies generally do not like dogs, as they are too big, too hairy and dirty, and they can hurt a baby easily even if they do not mean to do any harm. Cats are a little easier to handle as they are smaller, but they are also unclean and shed all over the place. So, ideally, skip the animals while you have babies in the house.
Anorexia (no or little apetite). This is a real problem for some babies. It is usually due to low zinc in the baby. Zinc is needed for the sense of taste and smell. Without enough zinc, nothing tastes good, so a baby may not want to eat.
Force-feeding your baby might be necessary, but not if you put your baby on a nutritional balancing program. This will usually cause a great increase in appetite because your baby will be able to taste, smell and digest milk or food much better.
Other possible causes for no appetite are diseases of Mom affecting the milk, chemical imbalances in Mom that make the milk taste bad, trouble sucking the breast, or occasionally other birth defects or problems. This might require a doctorŐs help.
Antibiotics. This is one of the most toxic and harmful groups of medical drugs. Thousands of prescriptions are given to babies, damaging their livers, kidneys and intestinal tracts often for life. If a baby is fed correctly on breast milk, and gets enough rest and sleep, antibiotics are rarely needed.
I know it is scary when your baby is sick. Babies get high fevers, coughs, and rashes a lot. However, donŐt run to antibiotics, please. Natural germ-killing substances are often very effective on babes in cases of infections. One of the best is 3 to 6 tablets daily of Limcomin, a product from Endomet Labs in Phoenix, AZ (1-800-528-4067). It is a combination of minerals and vitamins that works well and is much better than most herbs and other natural products for infections.
Attention. Your baby needs a lot of attention, especially the first year, unless he or she is tired, sleeping, or resting. Then they want to be left alone! So give babies plenty of attention. They do not like crying while Mom just goes right on talking on the phone or driving the car.
If a baby cries, he or she usually wants attention. Something needs to be communicated to you, or the diaper is soiled, or the baby needs a nap, or needs feeding. Their needs are simple. They also need lots of love, of course. Read about Love later in the article.
As babies turns two years of age and after, they can entertain themselves more, though they still need attention, of course. Please give them lots of toys, but not dangerous ones. They will outgrow most of them, but toys are good! A playroom with lots of toys is very good. They need to take things apart and break them, so donŐt get upset about that, please. See Toys below for more info.
Baby Attacks. Most babies today have to deal with some serious issues. Though they are discussed in this article, another article that details them quickly and simply is Baby Attacks on this website.
Babysitters. This can spell trouble for babies. As they grow older and can speak up and defend themselves, at least a little, it is not so bad. But with babies, please be very wary with whom you leave them, and do not do it a lot, ever.
Please do not go to the movies outside the house very much. Bring your entertainment into the house and stay with your baby. Bring your friends to the house, rather than go to their house. Tell them to bring their baby, perhaps, but do not go out on Ňadult nightsÓ, please. It is quite dangerous for babies.
As a general rule, we hate babysitters! Here is why:
1. For most of them, it is just a job. They donŐt like babies much, and babies are sensitive to this. They need love, and not just someone to watch them and call you if something goes wrong.
2. Some are sick and babies catch their colds, flus and other germs.
3. Some call their boyfriends or girlfriends, and completely ignore the baby. You would never know about this, but it happens more than you might think.
4. Some are strange and abusive. They can speak well and tell you that they are wonderful, but when you leave they start to talk strangely and act strangely. Rarely, a baby gets molested or raped. Please watch out! It could be with your best friend! Please do not use a lot of baby sitters, not even your mother or father, or your sister, brother, or best friend.
Baths. The trouble here is that most bathing water contains chlorine, and maybe loads of other toxins such as fluoride, toxic metals, and more. So please do not give your baby a lot of baths, unless you know your water is very pure, which is rare on earth and elsewhere. Instead, sponge off your baby regularly. They generally prefer that, though splashing around is always fun for a little while.
Birth. Most babies like the birth room to be out of the main hospital, if possible, to avoid infections. They like it warm, not too light, quiet, and friendly. They also love underwater births, if you can find someone knowledgeable to help you with it.
Dads. They also love Dads to be around the birth. They love Dads to be around all the time! So donŐt shoo him away, and Dads - take the day off when your baby arrive. YouŐll love babies if you give them a chance. They scream sometimes, and they need the breast milk, but they need and want Dads. See Dads for more info on this.
Preparation. Mom needs to be prepped and ready and has studied Lamaze or other birthing breathing techniques. Hopefully, the baby is not too large coming out. A nutritional balancing program followed all during pregnancy makes for a smaller baby – 5 pounds is fine. DonŐt listen to the doctors that think that is too small. That is GodŐs plan, but the babies are sick, and one of the ways they are sick is they are too big!
Drugs. If a mother needs drugs for the birth, okay, but donŐt rush to them. Instead, relax and push hard and long. It wonŐt hurt the baby, somehow.
Episiotomies sometimes help, but usually are not needed and just prolong MomŐs agony afterwards. So discourage those.
Birth attendants. Have a birth attendant, midwife or doula ALWAYS, to look over the shoulder of the doctor, if you have one, and make sure he or she is doing everything right.
Birthday parties. Babies love those, for some unknown reason. Perhaps they like celebrating coming to earth.
Please keep the candy, cookies and cake away, however. Not even carrot cake or almond cookies! No frosting on anything, either. It is all junk food that is absolutely no good for any baby! Ideally, skip the food altogether.
If you must serve some food, make it plain onion soup, or blue corn chips, or almond butter on rice crackers (and not rice cakes, please – more junk). No nuts for babies, either. They canŐt chew them well. Breast milk beats everything, providing Mom is on a complete nutritional balancing program, which is a must for her to have good milk.
Instead of food, how about just bringing over some friends and maybe family and having some music playing, a present or two (no need for a lot of them that usually just break, anyway. Please read about Presents later in this article.)
Birth defects. These are rampant and are due to mothers who are in poor health. Most young women today are in poor health, even if they look like a million dollars.
All need a nutritional balancing program – and not naturopathy, homeopathy, herbs, random vitamins, strange vegan diets (one of the worst), or other things. Please know this, Moms and Moms-to-be, or you can expect serious birth defects that will make you a slave to your child for life. And get started with a nutritional balancing program now, as it can take a few years to remineralize, renourish and balance your body properly.
Blankets. Babies love blankets, especially with the satin-feeling edges. So give babies blankets to play with. Small, synthetic ones are fine, and they need to be washed often to be clean, since they will go in their mouths. DonŐt be afraid of blankets.
Boys. Male babies like a set of cardboard blocks, and they like guns, for some reason. Please donŐt worry about it. They will outgrow the gun phase, as with most things.
Breastfeeding. This is essential, of course. Never rush a feeding, Moms! It is really bad for babies. Just relax and be late for your appointment, if necessary. You must relax at feedings or the milk wonŐt flow, or it will taste foul. Spend about 10 minutes on one breast, and then switch to the other. Keep switching back and forth until the feeding is over.
Usually, a feeding should take about an hour or less, unless your baby is having problems feeding. If the baby screams when you take him or her away from the breast, it may mean the baby is not done yet. Babies are pretty good at judging when they have had enough, so please listen to your baby about this.
If the nipples get sore, talk to your friends about it and use Udder Cream or some other preparation. Do not use toxic drugs, please! If a nipple gets infected, take care of it fast with colloidal silver, if possible, or other natural remedies rather than take antibiotics. These are toxic for you and for your baby, so the less of them, the better – and ideally, use none of them.
If you donŐt have enough milk, drink more water and eat more, and maybe try a little fenugreek or blessed thistle to increase milk production. Put your baby to the breast and allow him or her to suck, and this, too, will increase milk production within a few days.
Why babes may not breastfeed well:
1. Digestive or other problems of the baby.
2. Anorexia (poor appetite) due to low zinc in the baby.
3. Bad-tasting breast milk due to dietary or other problems of the mother.
4. Stress – psychological, emotional or other such as loud noise in the home.
5. Improper nutritional supplements or herbs in the mother that upset the babyŐs digestion or something else.
6. Tongue tie (see that section, please)
7. Other - malnutrition, toxicity, or diseases of the mother.
If you canŐt breastfeed or have any other problem with feeding, DONŐT GIVE UP. La Leche League International is a good source of advice, except they tell mothers to add solid food after 6-12 months, which is not good, provided the mother is on a nutritional balancing program.
Milk banks. If you cannot breast feed, look into milk banks. They are spreading around the world. They are just an exchange network with mothers that have too much milk and want to share it. It is usually safe. The only problem is that most mothers are not on a nutritional balancing program, so the milk is not that great. But it might be better than nothing, even to mix a little with the natural formula described below.
If all that fails, too, then only use the Natural Baby Formula on this website – either the milk formula or the meat formula, or alternate them. Do not use commercial formula on your baby. It is like taking your baby to McdonaldŐs – it is junk!
Breast pumps. These are fine to use, and give mothers a break and let Dad do some feeding, which is wonderful. Thumbs up on these.
Candy. None. None at all. DonŐt give in to your babyŐs tantrums, screaming, or crying when the other babies get their candy and other junk food. Tell your baby it is for their own good, and leave it there.
Instead, give babies a little cream, which babies tend to love. However, donŐt negotiate too much with your baby. You are the parents and you are in charge. That should be made clear to your baby. Babies feel very insecure when parents give up their responsibility and just let their babies do what they want, and even just let them roam around with a dirty face and a dirty bottom. NO GOOD!
Impose the rules, but do it gently and explain it all to your baby. When the baby or child asks a question, donŐt say, ŇBecause I said soÓ or ŇNone of your damn businessÓ. Just explain as best you can and leave it there.
For instruction, watch Andy work with Opie on the old reruns of The Andy Griffith Show, an old television series that is very good and is sold on DVD. Do not treat your baby like they do in the newer TV shows that are produced by total idiots or people who hate children, sadly.
Treats. In addition to some cream, or almond butter, a little bit of dark chocolate once in a while is not too bad. Neither is a bit of natural ice cream without sugar in it – best made by you by simply cooling down some raw or at least fresh cream and adding some ice in an ice cream maker. Skip the sugar or other sweetener altogether, and donŐt add fruit, instead. See Ice Cream below for a recipe.
Carriers. Some of the baby carriers that mothers and fathers wear are not good. However, others are great. Backpacks are not as good as the ones that go in front. And be sure they do not cramps the babyŐs legs. Strollers are usually fine.
Car seats. Some are much more comfortable than others, so check around and ask your friends before buying one that cuts the babyŐs legs.
Cartoons on TV or elsewhere. Most are inane and stupid and should not be part of your babyŐs Ňmental dietÓ. They do love some of them, however. Snoopy the dog and Charlie Brown are not too bad. So check them out carefully and donŐt expose your baby to the insanely stupid ones, including the Muppets. Generally, avoid the socialist/communist cartoons on the Public Broadcasting Networks.
Instead, babies like TV programs about animals, in particular, and ones about plants, beautiful scenery, programs about angels and elves, trips around the world and into outer space, and they like good science programs, but not stupid ones.
Also, please limit TV viewing to one hour daily – a hard and fast rule for young babies. More is not good. If Dad or Mom has to watch their favorite programs, then arrange your baby on your lap so they cannot see it, though they will hear the drone.
Clothing. Babies like natural fiber clothing inside and out, but mainly inside against the skin. It can be cotton, linen or maybe a blend with a little synthetics if you want. (No need for silk.) Polyester is not safe for babies, either in clothing or crib sheets. (see Crib Dangers).
Also, please do not overdress us. Many parents do this, thinking it will prevent a cold. It might, but if we are hot and sweaty, then it is too much clothing. It damages the babyŐs skin. Read about it in the section called Skin later on in this article.
Colds. Babies do get colds, now and then. Please do not run to the doctor every time. It is usually not necessary at all, and at the doctor your baby will be given toxic drugs that are much worse than the cold itself.
Instead, keep your baby warm, hydrated, and happy. Most colds, flus and other childhood illnesses, as they are called, will pass easily on their own. If your baby is on a nutritional balancing program, which is hopefully the case, the colds and flu will pass even faster and more easily.
Constipation. This is hard on us. Give a constipated baby about 1/4th of teaspoon of Epsom salts, dissolved in some breast milk, other milk or cream. It works and is harmless. Then find out why your baby are constipated, as it is not normal. The usual reasons are:
1. Breast milk is too thick because Mom does not drink enough water, or drinks the wrong kind of water, or follows the dehydration diet (which is to use ANY caffeine, sugar, fruit, juice or alcohol). Please stop these so your breast milk has enough water in it.
If you canŐt stop your coffee, which we encourage you to stop, or the constipation continues, then give us some plain water and the Epsom salts. NEVER GIVE BABIES JUICE, SODA POP, COFFEE OR REGULAR TEA. These are horrible for your baby! Also, do not give babies almond milk, soy milk, hemp milk or other nut or seed milks, either. These do not hydrate the body well, and they are cheap substitutes for real breast milk.
2. Your baby might need more Paramin or magnesium. Both tend to be laxative and ALL babies need Paramin (a calcium/magnesium supplement). Give your baby too much and he or she will soil the diapers too much, even though their poo should be fairly liquidy.
3. Your baby may need SBF (a product from Endomet Labs). Most need this supplement badly. It contains magnesium and copper, both of which can help with constipation.
4. If your baby is eating adult food, which hopefully he or she is not, then you are probably feeding your baby incorrectly. Please read the section below called Diet for the rules for feeding adult food to a baby.
I donŐt agree with many of the doctors, even the natural ones, on this subject of the diet for babies.
Coughs and Respiratory infections. Babies get these often, especially if we they are born with toxic metals, which is almost all of them. DonŐt worry about these. Give some Limcomin, use a red heat lamp on the back and chest, keep the baby comfortable, and it is always fine to rub the lung and bronchial reflex areas of the feet. Just do this for about 30 seconds at a time, repeated every few hours. It can help a lot and is very safe and enjoyable. Be sure the baby has enough water or breast milk to drink when ill, since a baby can become dehydrated. You can tell because the babyŐs lips and mouth may become dry.
Temperature. When ill, check your babyŐs temperature every few hours and make sure it is not over 103 degrees F. or about 39.5 degrees C. If it gets higher, sponge off the baby with cool water, or put the baby in a bath with cooler water to cool us down. DO NOT USE ASPIRIN OR TYLENOL. These are among the most toxic drugs around. They are bad for babies!
There is nothing wrong with fever as long as it does not get over about 104 F. So do not try to suppress it. The fever actually helps the babyŐs body fight off the germs.
Vaccines. Please do not vaccinate babies, unless you want to risk autism and other horrible side effects. A baby who is fed and cared for properly can handle whooping cough, diphtheria, measles, mumps and the rest of the childhood diseases just fine if you follow the directions in this article. Once again, no vaccines. Read the articles on Vaccines and the Vaccine Horror Story on this site for more on why vaccines are a very bad idea.
Crib dangers. Do not use polyester-containing sheets in a baby crib. Also, try to avoid all polyester-containing materials anywhere near your baby, including all types of clothing. They all contain antimony, a toxic metal that can cause delayed development of your child.
Crying. Babies cry now and then. A healthy, happy baby does not cry much. If a baby cries a lot, something may be wrong. Your baby would love to tell you about it, but it takes a few years to learn English. Babies also try to communicate with you telepathically all the time. If you donŐt hear it, you are probably too preoccupied with your work, friends, sex, etc. But the babies do communicate.
Rocking. Babies love rocking, for some unknown reason. Try rocking a baby in your arms if the baby is crying. Of course, also find out why the baby is crying, if possible. If a baby cries a lot, it is usually in pain. This is caused by wrong diet, first of all. The technical word is colic and it means an upset stomach. It is very painful for babies, who are sensitive creatures. Other causes are constipation, drug reactions, vaccines, fear, nap time, and sometimes aches and pains, or other things.
Avoid colic by feeding correctly and relaxing completely at feeding time. Never hurry a feeding, as this can be enough to cause colic and crying.
Cuddling. Babies love cuddling – no question about it. Here is why. Babies are in bodies that they cannot control very well. Young ones cannot speak, cannot walk, and cannot do most things that adults can do. What is there to do? Babies eat, sleep, poo and pee. It is somewhat boring.
Cuddling gives babies a chance to work on their own healing, and on yours. DonŐt ever think that your baby is not helping you. They are! But usually they need to be very close to you in order to do it. So let them get close. They usually donŐt smell bad, unless they need a clean diaper, and you will benefit more than you might imagine. It is a Ňside effectÓ and an extra benefit of having a baby around.
Daycare. Please, no. Please keep babies home, if at all possible. I know that is tough for some working mothers, but please listen. Here are the problems with day care:
1. Junk food. Mom isnŐt there to feed her baby, of course.
2. Junk day care workers who really donŐt care much, even though they often say they do. They may treat babies roughly, and the lack of love affects their delicate beings.
3. Germs. The other kids are often sick, and babies put everything in their mouths at certain ages.
Developmental Delays. These are sadly common today. Causes include:
1. Poor health of the mother. This is almost universal if she is not on a nutritional balancing program.
2. Vaccination. Please read the Vaccination section later in this article! The health authorities lie and deceive the public about this issue!
3. Imbalanced body chemistry of the baby. This is very common, even if a baby looks healthy healthy on the outside.
4. Other, such as medical drugs, in some cases, such as antibiotics, improper diet such as feeding a baby sugars, fruit in any form, or adult food too early. Rarely, there are other causes.
Nutritional balancing for developmental delays. Over 1000 babies have turned around and become normal children or super kids with a nutritional balancing program. This is not a plug – it is a plea! You can put a baby on a nutritional balancing program, starting about age 3 to 4 months. Keep the child on the program all during childhood.
Please be careful. Nutritional balancing is very different from naturopathy, homeopathy, herbs, nutritionists, or others. Also, beware of pediatricians and others who will tell you that vitamin programs are stupid (although many of them are), or that hair mineral tests are inaccurate or a waste of money.
Diapers. Most babies do not like synthetic or plastic diapers. The chemicals are toxic and smelly. Most prefer natural and soft diapers, either the pants or the old fashioned type.
DonŐt leave babies with wet diapers. Babies know they stink, although a healthy baby does not have the worst smelling poo. Change the diaper when your baby cries, when you smell it, or if you can feel it. Soon they will use the toilet, so donŐt fret.
Diarrhea. This is not common in healthy, breastfed babes. Our poo should be soft, but not runny.
Causes in breastfed babes. Causes for diarrhea among breastfed infants include:
1. Problems with the breast milk, especially if Mom is not on a nutritional balancing program.
2. Feeding too fast for some reason, such as if Mom wants to go shopping and tells the baby you only have 15 minutes to feed.
3. An anxious or upset Mom during a feeding, for any reason at all. She might need to go to the bathroom, for example. She should stop feeding and relieve herself, and then continue. This is important and happens all the time!
4. If your baby drank contaminated water, which some parents give babies even when breastfeeding is going on. Usually, by the way, drinking water is not needed and not a good idea if a baby is breast feeding. Babes need nutrition, not water, in most cases. For much more on giving babies water, please see the Water section of this article.
5. A stomach virus or flu.
In ALL these cases, please do not use antibiotics. They are terrible. Read the section in this article on Antibiotics before using them.
In most cases, your baby will not be hungry. Do not force food on a baby when that baby is ill, in almost all cases. Just let your baby rest. You may gently use a red heat lamp on the stomach area, and rub the feet well several times a day. The diarrhea will usually subside in a day or two, and that is all there is to it.
You could also give your baby one or two charcoal tablets (open the tablet and mix it with a little water – not milk.) This can absorb some poisons. Never continue with charcoal tablets, however. Give them only for a day or two.
Causes of diarrhea in babes eating adult food. Causes include eating the wrong food or contaminated food, drinking bad water, too much food, eating too fast, drinking anything with the food, terrible food combinations, an upset Mom, an upset baby, or a stomach infection, viral flu or parasites, at times.
Beware of food sensitivities in modern babies. These often cause diarrhea and many other health problems for babes. Breast milk only is best for 3 years, at least. If that doesnŐt work for your baby, you will have to test various substitutes, none of which are as good as old fashioned breast milk.
The first thing to do if your non-breastfed baby gets diarrhea is to stop all food for a few hours, at least. This lets the digestion rest. A little water is okay, and it must be clean water! NO reverse osmosis water, though. Spring water is best in almost all cases. Tap water is often okay if you filter it with carbon only, not other filters.
Rub your babeŐs feet, especially the middle of the bottom of the feet, which is the digestive reflex area. Also, shine a red heat lamps on the abdomen for 10 minutes, about once an hour. This will help in many cases, and it will be over soon.
As for remedies, which are sometimes helpful, charcoal is very good. It is non-toxic and gentle for babes, unlike antibiotics that are extremely harsh and toxic. So give a charcoal tablet ground up in water, or open a capsule in a little water, about one every few hours in small babes and up to two every few hours in 2 or 3 year olds.
As mentioned earlier, Limcomin from Endomet Labs is also very good for all infections. Babies up to 1 year old can take up to 1 tablet ground up in some water every day (spread it out). Babies up to 2 years of age, or older, get 2 per day, spread out and ground up.
Very important! If diarrhea does not subside in three days, or if your baby is not doing well, go to the doctor because diarrhea kills babies easily, much more easily than it kills adults. Parasites, for example, may require extra procedures. If your baby is on a nutritional balancing program, which we hope is the case, then usually parasites go away on their own, and drugs should not be needed, but you may have to do some extra procedures.
We assume you are not violating the rules by feeding fruit, juices, bread, or a lot of junk food chemicals to your babe. This is absolutely prohibited!
Most of the time, the diarrhea will subside. Use antibiotics only as a last resort, and preferably never.
Diet for babies. This is repeated in many sections of this article, so we wonŐt bore you. Remember, breast milk, if at all possible, for three years or more if your baby wants it. DonŐt be lazy, mothers! It matters.
If possible, do not add adult food at all until your baby is at least two years old, and preferably not until baby is three.
If breastfeeding is impossible, and only in this situation, use natural homemade formula. For information how to make baby formula, read Baby Formula You Make At Home on this website.
Once it is weaning time, the diet is to be mainly cooked – not raw – vegetables, and a little chicken, lamb or natural beef. Most babies are fast oxidizers, so they should not eat grains or bread at all, or very little.
Puree without adding water. Always shred the meat for babies, along with shredding or pureeing everything else.
When you puree, use a fork to mash the food. Do not mix food with water in a blender or food processor. Never mix your babyŐs food with water. It wrecks the digestion, and your babe will cry out in pain or have diarrhea, and youŐll start on the antibiotic merry-go-round that ends in cancer or worse.
Other important diet rules. No juice at all! It is very bad for your baby. It speed up the oxidation rate, wrecks the teeth, and can create a fat little baby who is sick all the time.
Also remember - very little grain because most babes are fast oxidizers, and they donŐt need or do well on a lot of grains. Grains tend to make babies very constipated.
Also, no wheat. It is hybridized and is very irritating to all babies. That means no bread at all, please. It is also one of the fastest ways to constipate your baby.
Also, no McdonaldŐs or other fast food joints, no matter how much your baby want it! Not even for a treat once. It is addictive, on purpose, and it is JUNK!
Also, do not allow your baby to drink anything with meals, except maybe for a few sips of water if he or she insists. Drink water only an hour after eating. Otherwise, it interferes with digestion badly!
Finally, feed your baby water (ideally spring water), not soda pop, juices, or even much herbal tea. Water is a whole food and a complex substance. That is why spring water that comes from the earth and has not been tampered with, is usually best.
Dogs. Many babies doe not like dogs. They are too big, too hairy and dirty, too licky, and can hurt us without meaning to.
DownŐs syndrome. Please put any DownŐs syndrome baby on a nutritional balancing program at birth. Do not wait! This is critical. If you do this, your babe will be absolutely normal. I know that sounds insane, but that is our experience.
AVOID OTHER NUTRITION PROGRAMS, PLEASE. They do not work nearly as well. It has to be nutritional balancing, and only with one of our practitioners listed on this website. To find them, CLICK HERE.
Drugs – medical. This is a critical topic. Do not give babies drugs, or most herbs, for that matter. Instead, please use the suggestions in this article for common conditions such as infections, constipation, diarrhea, rashes and most baby problems. If a condition is not listed here, check other articles on this website, or email us for advice at Contact Us.
Ear Infections. These are quite common in some children, especially those who are not fed correctly or whose body is out of balance. A nutritional balancing program will usually take care of them, and prevent them in the future.
The diet must be corrected! Pasteurized cows milk can be a culprit, in some cases. So can other dairy products in children who are allergic to them. This is often a simple fix for repeated ear infections.
Antibiotics are very rarely needed, and they do nothing to correct the underlying causes. Studies of the use of antibiotic for childhood ear infections indicate that antibiotics often increase the likelihood of future ear infections.
Better remedies for ear infections include:
1. Correct the diet, and especially eliminate any foods to which your baby or older child is sensitive. The most common ones are dairy, and wheat or gluten, in some cases.
2. Shine a red heat lamp near the ear for only about 3 minutes in a baby, and up to 5 minutes in an older child. Do this 4 to 7 times every day for up to a week. Done right, it wonŐt hurt your child at all, and it helps move the infection out.
3. Rub the ear reflex areas on the feet, and even on the hands of your child. These are found at the very tips of the third and fourth toes. Push hard. It will hurt, but we want to get well without drugs, and this does it. Always do the toes on both feet, even if only one ear is inflamed.
4. Another remedy is Limcomin from Endomet Labs. Babies just need about 1 tablet daily, split into at least two parts. Older children need more, up to about 3 or 4 per day split into several parts.
5. Another remedy is vitamin A, especially if you donŐt have Limcomin, which contains vitamin A. If the tablet contains 10,000 international units (IU) of vitamin A, a baby needs only one daily or even less for a small baby. A five-year-old needs two daily. A ten-year-old needs at least 3 daily.
6. Please do not remove the tonsils and adenoids for repeated infections of any kind. This is not necessary and is extremely scary for a young child.
Eczema. Most babies get eczema today. It is just a stubborn rash, often on their bottom and maybe on their arms, as well. Some babies have it all over, and may scratch until they bleed, unfortunately.
This eczema is most often an elimination of poisons that came from their motherŐs body, and which the baby got before birth. So let it come out. Use simple remedies like aloe vera gel, zinc oxide ointment, or Calledril if it seems to help. DonŐt just lather up your baby with creams, however, if they donŐt seem to be helping. Please avoid cortisone cream the doctors prescribe, if possible, as they are quite toxic for babies.
A nutritional balancing program usually gets rid of the eczema easily.
Elementary school. Ideally, avoid all schools. Instead, home school your baby and your older child, as well. Any parent can do it because new technology and the internet makes all the school materials available to anyone, often at no charge or for a low fee, and organizes everything for you. You donŐt need a PhD, mothers, to do this. Just a little caring for your child. The problems with schools, at any age, are:
1. Stupid teachers who waste your childŐs time.
2. Junk food in the cafeteria and even in the classrooms. Even if the school ŇprohibitsÓ junk food, often the cafeteria serves it. Even if it does not, all the other kids talk their mothers into giving them candy and cookies for lunch, and it hard to resist. This is a difficult problem!
3. Diseases in the other children and teachers, and anyone else around the school. This is a bad problem for young ones, who tend to spit and hiss and put everything in their mouths.
4. Learning wrong information, often dictated by political correctness, propagandists, and left-leaning textbook manufacturers.
5. Learning foul language, and all about how to rape the girls and use marijuana. This is the truth, Moms and Dads. Please do not doubt it!
6. Fights, bullying, sexual attacks in the bathroom, and more horrors that children are sometimes afraid of telling parents about because they wonŐt believe it, or they will think their child is a chicken. Please keep us out of schools!
Exercise. Babies need some exercise, but not a lot. Babies should crawl around, and soon they learn to walk and it is hard to keep them still.
Older children also only need a little exercise. However, please do not encourage children to play basketball, football, soccer, tennis, and all the rest. It is too much exercise for most children. Sports teams are also scary, especially for some sensitive girls.
Girls, especially, love getting out there and showing off a little. However, it often ends badly. In fact, many high school girls get raped by playing sports around boys who donŐt hesitate to get us if they can. There are too many chances for trouble – on the buses going to the games, in the locker rooms next to the boys locker room, and the worst is the group showers – always a bad idea.
A walk every day is fine for children. Babies need even less exercise. Stop pushing exercise. Your children wonŐt get fat if you feed them a nutritional balancing diet. Please do not listen to all the ŇexpertsÓ who tell you that more exercise is always better. It is not!
Fatherhood. This one is for the Dads. Please know that babies need you desperately. Never contemplate divorce once your baby has been born, please, unless circumstances are absolutely impossible between you and Mom. Never, ever! Your baby need you.
Never feel you are the Ňthird wheelÓ, Ňnot neededÓ, Ňin the wayÓ, ŇawkwardÓ, ŇclumsyÓ, or any of that rot. It is not true. Moms tend to have more experience with babies, and that is all! Babies need their DadŐs energy around them all the time.
Fathers, take your baby for a stroll or walk. Talk to them. Play with them gently. Cuddle up with them. YouŐll love it – you will see.
Feeding schedules. Normally, babies need to eat about every four hours, regardless of age. Do not put babies to the breast more often than this, unless your baby wails and screams, and it becomes clear the baby is hungry and nothing else is going on.
However, please watch out for rigid schedules! A baby may need to eat a little more food one day, and less the next day. So please be flexible with the feeding schedule.
Fever. This is one of the scariest symptoms in babies and children. The body uses fever – raising the temp – to burn off toxins and to kill germs of all kinds. Based on this, the causes for fevers are:
1. Feeding problems, such as the wrong diet, too much food, bad food combinations, or something else.
2. A cold, a flu, an infection or some other bug. Perhaps your baby got too cold, or maybe he or she just needs to burn off some toxins that were in his body from birth, or that got in after the birth.
What to do. Many fevers will go away on their own, and you donŐt need to do anything. Always keep your baby well-hydrated. Try to tune in to your baby, and ask what to do.
To lower a fever, here are the rules:
1. If it is less than about 103 degrees F. or about 39.5 degrees C., donŐt do anything. Remember, fever is the way babies burn off toxins or kill bugs. So donŐt touch it.
2. If it gets higher, the best way to reduce it a little is not Tylenol or Aspirin. Those are horrible, almost as horrible as antibiotics.
3. If you want to lower a fever, sponge us off with cool water only. Some people say to add a little rubbing alcohol to the water, and this will work better, but it is harsh on our skin.
Other ways to lower fevers are with a coffee enema. This is actually easy with a baby, though we might scream a little. Another way is to put us in a bath and slowly lower the temp of the bath water. Either one works. The fever will likely rise again, but that is okay – just burning off the toxins, in most cases. So do the procedure again, and you can sponge off or do a bath at least three times daily, if needed.
4. Then see the rules for infections in this article to get at the cause.
Foot rubs (reflexology). This is wonderful for all babies!! I cannot say enough good things about reflexology. It usually feels good, it is perfectly safe, and most important, it is a remedy for almost all health conditions of babies.
All babies and all children want at least two foot or at least hand rubs daily. For instructions on how to do it, read Reflexology on this website.
Fruit. I know – everyone recommends fruit, but donŐt feed it to your baby or child, please. There are at least eight reason for skipping ALL fleshy fruits. If you want to know more, please read Fruit-Eating on this site.
Girls. Girl babies are different from boys. Female babies love houses, doll houses, dolls, and sometimes a set of cardboard blocks. Girl babies are more sensitive than the boys, and this can be a problem, though it is really an advantage. So if you have a girl, just know this.
Hair mineral testing for a nutritional balancing program. This is an excellent idea for babies. All of them will become healthier, happier, smarter and will develop better. Nutritional balancing is a specific healing system that is different from going to doctors, herbalists, naturopaths or nutritionists. For more, please read Introduction To Nutritional Balancing on this website.
Houses, non-toxic. For the sake of your baby and for older children, as well, your home should be as non-toxic as possible. This means do not use smelly chemicals on the floors and carpets, especially. Also, always use non-toxic cleaners, detergents, soaps, lotions, plant fertilizers, flea powders for the animals, and more. Your baby or child can get into many products and eat the whole thing. Please remember this and keep everything non-toxic.
Humor. This is very important for babies, and for all your children. Buy joke books, read them to each other, and practice them, if needed. They keep a light mood, which is essential for your childrenŐs health.
Babies naturally have a sense of humor, so they like keeping things light and laughing at things. This is one reason why cartoons appeal to babies and children. I donŐt recommend most cartoons on television or elsewhere, but children like the light-hearted feeling of most cartoon figures.
Hushabye Mountain. This is a wonderful song for babes. It is from the musical, Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang. Please play it often for your babe. It can helps a baby or child go to sleep, and helps remind babies who they are. To hear it, CLICK HERE.
Hypothyroid babies. These are becoming more common. Please do not give babies thyroid hormones! They are not needed if you put the baby or child on a complete nutritional balancing program, which corrects the thyroid condition.
Infections. All babies get infections, now and then. A healthy baby gets few of them. If a baby spends time around other children, they will get a lot more infections, so limit the time around other children. This includes keeping them out of schools and day care centers, ideally.
To help prevent infections, keep babies clean, although there is no reason for compulsive cleanliness. Bath babies if they are dirty, and wash hands a lot. Keep us away from all germs.
Do not use anti-bacterial soaps, however. They are all toxic. Just regular soap is best.
Read the sections on antibiotics and fevers for much more on how to handle infections.
Instruments. Most children want to play musical instruments. It is a wonderful past time and a powerful healer, too. So make them available. They need not be costly or fancy, especially for the young children.
Children will need lessons, though. So set aside a little cash for this unless you can teach them, which is actually better than having a stranger teach them.
Integrity. Please teach your baby to tell the truth, both to himself or herself, and to you. This is more important than you might think.
So do not lie to your baby. Teach truth and integrity to your children of all ages, at all times, in all situations.
Juice for babies. A big NO on this. Juices are much too sugary for babies. Babies like them, of course, because they are sweet. However, they are not good for babies at all. So please, no juice, not even carrot juice, and not even diluted juices, please. Train your baby to like good quality water, instead, or even a little sun tea without caffeine – but no juice.
Lifting babies. Never lift your baby by grabbing the legs or arms. This can dislocate a hip or shoulder or elbow. It also hurts. If a baby is in a crib or in bed, bend over to pick up your child. Do not just pull the baby up by the arms or legs. This sounds simple, but parents make this mistake all the time, and it is traumatic for us.
Lotions and Creams. Do not use most lotions and creams on your babyŐs skin. Most skin lotions and creams, even those designed for babies and the all-natural kinds, are too toxic and clog up the skin badly.
If the skin is dry, cracked, itchy or a rash is present, a little aloe vera gel is excellent, or maybe some zinc oxide ointment. Then try to figure out the cause. A nutritional balancing program based on a properly run hair mineral test is usually best for this purpose. It can be done as soon as your baby has a little hair.
Moms. They are babyŐs support, friends, their main communication partners, and much more. Dads must understand this and respect them always. It does not always happen that way, you know.
Having said this, most Moms are not healthy at all. Their milk is not that great, and they really need to be on a nutritional balancing program now! They really need more rest and sleep, and they need to focus on their baby, not on their friends, their clothes or other things that donŐt really matter much.
Much more could be said about Moms, and perhaps this section will be expanded in the future.
Motherhood. This is different than Moms (just above). Motherhood is how you treat your baby. So, to be a mother, here are the rules:
1. Get loads of rest so you are not crabby. Babies donŐt like crabby parents! Get your sleep, take naps, leave your baby in the crib and go take a bath, if you want one, and be in a good mood when you are around your baby.
Get a babysitter if you have to (read about Babysitters in this article, though) so that you are not resentful that you have to care for us. Whatever you do, try to be happy around your baby. They need that joy.
2. Do not push Dad away! This is critical. Too many mothers think they know everything and Dad is just in the way, asking questions, wondering if heŐs changing the diaper right, and so on. Work with him. DonŐt push him away. Babies need his energy, his calm, his male odor, and everything about him.
Please include Dad in everything if you want a happy, healthy baby.
3. Keep breastfeeding! That is a big one, even if it hurts, sometimes. It can also be a pain to do it, especially in public and around your friends, but do it. It works!
Music. Waltzes and lullabies are best for young children and especially babies. Please discourage the loud rock and punk music at all ages. It should not be permitted at all, as it upsets the body. HereŐs some music some babies love:
1. A unique one: CLICK FOR: THE STONE OF LIGHT BY SHALOMAR AND GRACE.
2. A favorite Jackie Evancho song: CLICK FOR: MADE TO DREAM.
Newborns. Handling newborns can be rough the first few weeks, simply because they are new to the earth, and parents are new at being parents. This section is set up to help with this dilemma. While there are always a few rare exceptions, the instructions below work in almost all cases.
1. Moms need loads of rest. Try to have Dad or someone else help out while mother rests.
2. Moms need to put their newborn to the breast as soon as possible. This is for bonding, to start the milk flowing, to relax, and to get used to their new life together.
3. Moms need DadŐs cooperation with everything. Remember this, Dad. She is no condition to pick up the house, wash the dishes, cook meals, etc. You should plan on doing all this for the family for about a month. Some births are easy, but many tear mother apart and she will need at least a month to heal.
4. Moms need to get back on their nutritional balancing program as soon as possible, and do as much of it as she can. This is for healing, for breast feeding, for mental clarity, and more.
5. Mother and child need to be out of the hospital or birthing center as soon as is humanly possible. This is to avoid infections, vaccinations, drugs, and many possible mishaps that occur daily in hospitals and even in birthing centers.
6. A red heat lamp shined on the vaginal area for half an hour daily is excellent for Mom. The genital bath daily may also be very helpful to assist healing in the vaginal area.
1. Before the birth of your baby, try to attend a birth class with Mom. Learn how to 1) change a diaper, 2) feed a newborn using a bottle filled hopefully with breast milk, 3) do other things such as rocking a baby, holding a baby properly, and maybe singing to a baby (we like the deep male voice – see the music by Lou Rawls). Keep learning how to handle babes so you are not awkward around babies.
2. Birthing time is your day, too. So enjoy it and help out, and donŐt be scared. Try to relax and help out.
3. Be available to help Mom, but also check everything and everyone frequently. Doctors sometimes make mistakes, and so do midwives and doulas. They forget things, they screw up with paperwork, they get tired out and donŐt want to complete the job, and so on.
So your job #1, besides helping Mom, is to look over everyoneŐs shoulder and make sure all is well. If you think something is not alright, you might be right, so ask a lot of questions. DonŐt hesitate to butt in and stop things if something is not going well. You might just save a babyŐs life.
Especially watch out that they donŐt vaccinate your baby in the hospital or birthing center! This is important, as they often destroy a babyŐs health before the baby even gets home.
4. DadŐs need lots of rest, too. As has been said in this article many times, babies need their Dads! And they need them rested and happy, not crabby and short. So please get your sleep and rest during the birth and after. Eat correctly, and donŐt skip meals. Be relaxed and ready to help.
5. Stay close by at all times, during the birth and at home afterwards. Try to take some time off work for a few days, if possible, so you can celebrate with your baby. He or she made it in! That is the first hard task of all babes.
The baby needs you. Do not just head back to the office or wherever you go. Also, do not hang out at the bar with your friends to celebrate. Celebrate with your baby only! Please, this matters. DonŐt listen to the crowd that says babies are for Moms. It is a big fat lie – all the way! Your baby needs your male sure energy at all times, if possible. Your baby will understand if you have to go to work, but you should apologize for leaving whenever you leave. That is a good habit to get into.
For your newborn:
1. NO VACCINES. Arrange this ahead of time with the doctors, nurses, midwives, and everyone else associated with the birth. Sign papers so it is very clear and in writing. Tell them you will sue them for all they are worth if the orders are violated for any reason.
Home birth is best for this reason, as it is less likely some nurse will inject the baby without checking first.
2. Keep Mom and newborn together after birth. Do not isolate your newborn in some incubator room unless it is absolutely needed, and then Dad must check in every five minutes or more. Isolation is very hard on both mother and child.
3. Put the newborn to the breast shortly after birth. The newborn may or may not be ready to suck, but try it anyway. This helps with bonding mother and child, and helps both of them relax into their new life together.
4. Never give commercial formula to a newborn. This is a stupid hospital habit in some locations. They take the baby away from its mother and give it some formula immediately. This is a prescription for disaster and sickness.
5. Newborns mainly need rest. They will sleep most of the time except when in need of food or a change of diaper, or if not feeling well. Do not disturb their sleep any more than necessary.
6. Newborns are very delicate. Never ŇplayÓ with a newborn, do not throw the baby around, or pass the baby around to a lot of people, or talk incessantly to a newborn. Rest is the main thing. Rocking is good only if your baby will not relax. Otherwise, just hold your newborn gently and allow him or her to rest most of the time. This is all the newborns need. They do not need fussing, singing, kissing (ick) or other distractions like things floating above their heads in the crib.
7. Keep the crib safe at all times. This means never put a toy or anything in the crib that a baby can put in his mouth and choke on. This happens all the time, and babies die from this stupid practice. Babies do not need toys in the crib – they are very dangerous there!
8. Keep diapers clean, if at all possible. Do not fuss a lot. Just change the diaper simply.
9. Plan on breast feeding for at least 2 years, and ideally for 3 years or more if your baby wants it. If you must add adult food, it must be natural baby formula from the article on this website (CLICK HERE FOR NATURAL FORMULA) until at least age 1 or 1 and a half. Thereafter, a baby can often tolerate some goat milk (ideally raw) or a little cowŐs milk, cooked vegetables pureed, and maybe a little shredded meat and some very lightly cooked egg yolk (it has to be runny or donŐt give it to a baby). ABSOLUTELY NO FRUIT, AND NO FRUIT OR VEGETABLE JUICES.
10. Rub your newbornŐs feet twice daily. This is called foot reflexology. It is very healing and relaxing, when done correctly. You may also rub your babyŐs hands.
11. All babies need a little red heat lamp therapy. Shine it on our backs and abdomen, and never in the eyes. You must take off the babyŐs shirt to do this, as the rays must strike the bare skin. A five-minute red light session every day is very good for newborns. Increase to 10-minute sessions after the age of about 6 months.
12. Every newborn needs a visit with a competent chiropractor and/or perhaps a competent cranio-sacral practitioner who has experience with newborns and babies. This is helpful because many babies need a few simple structural or chiropractic adjustments and treatments – but not a whole program, in almost all cases.
This is even more important if the birth was difficult. If forceps were used (ugh) in the delivery, it is totally imperative.
13. If your new baby develops a cold or ear infection, if possible do not use medical drugs such as antibiotics or even Tylenol. For infections, Limcomin from Endomet Labs is usually best. Other natural remedies such as ½ a teaspoon twice daily of colloidal silver (Sovereign Silver brand, please), or a little echinacea tincture on the tongue usually works well and is much gentler and less toxic than any drugs. Read about Fevers elsewhere in this article.
Rashes require a nutritional balancing program and usually respond well and easily.(see Eczema in this article.)
14. Newborns can begin a nutritional balancing program around 3 to 4 months of age. This will benefit them greatly, in all cases. Read much more about this in the Nutritional Balancing section of this article.
15. For constipation, mix a little Epsom salts in water and feed it to your baby in a syringe or a baby bottle. However, we should not be constipated if we get enough milk, or maybe a little water with the breast milk if the milk is too thick.
16. To: MomŐs and dadŐs. Your newborn wants you to relax, laugh and enjoy life. Stop worrying, now!
Nutritional balancing for babes. All babies can use a nutritional balancing program after about the age of 3 months, even if their mothers are on a program, which hopefully they are. In fact, Mom must be on a program when breastfeeding, or the milk stinks, literally.
Getting a hair mineral test is best to set up a personalized program. However, if a) baby does not have enough hair or b) money is tight, he or she can start with the basic nutritional balancing programs below. These are not too bad if funds are tight:
The basic fourth month program (four to twelve months of age):
1. Limcomin 1/8 AM and 1/8 PM.
2. Paramin 1 AM and 1 PM (I know it is a lot, but we love it).
3. SBF 1/8 AM and 1/8 PM.
4. Red Heat Lamp: 10 minutes daily.
5. Foot Rubs: Two daily, 10 minutes each, every day.
The basic one year program (twelve to twenty-four months of age):
1. Limcomin ¼ AM and ¼ PM
2. Paramin 1 AM and 1 PM
3. SBF ¼ AM and ¼ PM
4. Red Heat Lamp: 15 minutes daily.
5. Foot Rubs: Two daily, 10 minutes each, every day. We love these.
The basic two year program (twenty-four months to thirty-six months of age):
1. Limcomin ¼ AM and ½ PM
2. Paramin 1 AM and 1 PM
3. SBF ¼ AM and ½ PM
4. Red Heat Lamp: 20 minutes daily.
5. Foot Rubs: Two daily, 10 minutes each, every day. We still love these.
The basic three year program (36 months to 48 months of age):
1. Limcomin ¼ AM and ½ PM
2. Paramin 1 AM and 1 PM
3. SBF ¼ AM and ½ PM
4. Red Heat Lamp: 25 minutes daily.
5. Foot Rubs: Two daily, 10 minutes each, every day. We still love these.
These programs will work for most babies, though not all. Do the program every day, come rain or shine. Grind up the supplements for the day in the morning. Add half the powder to some cream in the morning and give to your baby. Give the other half of the powder to the baby in a little cream or milk in the afternoon or evening.
Overwhelmed. Babies easily become overwhelmed. This is because they are so sensitive and aware. So please do not play loud music, even great music. Do not talk loudly, ever, and do not shine bright lights in a babyŐs face, ever.
Also, do not dangle things in front of a babyŐs face, or put too much in the crib. In short, keep everything very simple and quiet for babies, especially in the first year of life.
Pediatricians. I never like to be negative about anyone, and I would never say to avoid going to a doctor in an emergency. Doctors have training that can be indispensible in some situations.
Having said this, todayŐs pediatricians may be the most destructive medical specialty. I hate to say that, but they are the ones pushing vaccination, antibiotics, antidepressants, ADD drugs, and more.
Too many well-baby visits are about vaccination, and they often try to talk mothers into vaccination at each visit. You will not get the truth about vaccination from a pediatrician because many are brainwashed and donŐt know the truth, and all of them can lose their medical license if they tell the truth and oppose vaccinations.
Some pediatricians handle babies roughly, and their hands are not always perfectly clean. Often, they donŐt understand nutrition, and they certainly do not understand nutritional balancing science, or they would not be doing what they do.
It can even be about money, as some are paid to advertise and use certain new drugs – the worst ones to give your baby, in most situations. So although they can help some situations - I will never deny that – please keep your baby away from them, for the most part. A healthy baby does not need well-baby visits, and certainly does not need vaccines and drugs.
Rashes. These are common. Most are not important, but may be very annoying, painful or itchy. Please do not use cortisone creams, if possible. They are quite toxic for babies. Eczema and many other rashes respond beautifully to a properly designed nutritional balancing program, so do that instead, please.
Red heat lamps treatments. Shining a reddish 250-watt or smaller Ôheat lampŐ on your babyŐs abdomen, mainly, but a little on the chest and back, is wonderful. For details about how long to use it, see the Nutritional Balancing section above.
The usual lamp is a 250-watt bulb available for about $10.00-15.00 from most hardware stores and home centers such as Home Depot, LoweŐs, True Value or Ace hardware. You will also need to purchase a clamp-on socket or other socket designed for a 250-watt bulb. You can use a smaller wattage bulb, too, such as a 125-watt bulb, also sometimes called a reptile lamp and sold in pet stores. It is not as powerful, but it works, too.
Never shine the lamp in the babyŐs eyes, but focus it on the belly and move it around a little, ideally. Hold it about one foot or more away from your babeŐs belly, and feel the belly or the back to see if it seems too hot. Your baby may also let you know if it is too hot. It is normal for the skin to turn a little red after a treatment. This is not a burn, and it goes away after an hour or less.
Remedies, medical and others. Please, do not load babies and children with a lot of remedies. These include medical drugs, herbs, vitamins, minerals, homeopathics, hormones and others.
Instead, we want nutritional balancing, which is not about remedies. This system corrects imbalances at very deep levels. It may not sound like it, but nutritional balancing is very different from remedy therapies used by most every doctor and pediatrician. So do not get confused.
Retracing. This is the essential process of healing. Make no mistake about it. Healing is not about taking remedies. Healing means you have to retrace – go back, that is – and clean everything up in your body and soul. Babies do this easily, and during early childhood is the time to do it, rather than when a child is 10 or older. The reason is that it is easier at a young age, and babies have more leisure time and rest time in which to retrace.
Room-sharing. We suggest that babies should sleep in their parentŐs bedroom for at least the first year of life. After that, it is still a very good idea for as long as the parents and particularly the child want to continue it.
Safety. I cannot say enough about this. Babies are inherently in danger because they canŐt walk, they canŐt talk yet, and they can hardly move around. So you have to be careful around babies, and the whole house has to be made Ňbaby-proofÓ.
This means no sharp corners on anything they touch, no toxic anything anywhere near us, no loose bolts on cars, beds or anything else because it will end up in their mouths, and so on. Please go through the house and baby-proof it at least once a week, or you could lose your baby.
Shaking a baby. Never shake a baby, allowing the head to bob back and forth. You can actually break the babeŐs neck this way. Parents sometimes do this out of frustration to stop their babe from crying. It is terrible. (see Crying for more on how to handle a crying baby.
Sleep problems. Suggestions to help with a baby who will not fall asleep are:
- Rub the babyŐs feet thoroughly.
- Offer your baby an extra feeding before bed.
- Give your baby a little more Paramin – ½ to 1 extra tablet.
- Play the song, Hushabye Mountain, sung by Dick Van Dyke, at least 10 times at bedtime.
- Try other soft, quiet music at bedtime.
- Buy a rocking chair, hold your baby and rock your baby to sleep. Some babies adore this.
- Be sure there is no noise or light in the room.
Sleep times. Babies need loads of sleep. Please do not wake up babies to go places, if at all possible. Newborns often sleep for up to 14 hours per day. At age 1 or so, sleep decreases to about 12 to 13 hours. At age 3 or so, sleep decreases to between 10 and 12 hours per day in most cases. This is just average.
Stages of development. Many doctors have come up with these, but a few are basic. The first stage of a babyŐs life is the oral stage, which occurs in the first year of life. A baby is mainly concerned with eating in this stage. Babies also tend to put everything in their mouths to learn about it. It is a very important stage and if trauma occurs during this stage, it can cause eating disorders later in life, obesity, anorexia (no desire to eat) and other problems.
The second stage is sometimes called the anal stage. This occurs around age 2 or so. Sometimes it starts earlier, or a little later. In this stage, babies are concerned about toilet training, and they realize that they can hold on or let go of their waste matter. This is quite a revelation, in fact. Traumas during this stage give rise later to issues of trust, selfishness, and holding on too tightly to things.
A third stage begins around 5 or 6 called the genital stage. Here your child discovers the genital organs and may like to play with them because it causes a slight tingle in the body. Girls may like to put marbles or other things in the vagina. Boys like to play with the penis, hitting it and making some fluid come out. These are not real orgasms, but it is the start of all the sexual interest in life.
Knowing about these stages will help mothers and fathers to help their babies get through the stages without any traumas or slip-ups. Keep them in mind, because they are real.
Strollers. Babies like these, although babies do not like a lot of travel, in general. Older children like to travel more. Babies prefer more peace and quiet.
Sunshine. Babies like and need some sunshine, so donŐt keep your baby indoors all of the time and donŐt cover up a babyŐs skin all of the time. About five to ten minutes of sunshine on the naked body is excellent every day or two.
The skin needs to breathe, so the less clothing, the better as long as your baby doesnŐt get cold. Look and make sure your baby is not shivering, as that means the baby is cold.
Do not rub sunscreen on a babyŐs skin, ever, as all of them are too toxic. Just allow your baby to be in the sun gently for a few minutes, in most locations. This is most helpful. Do not listen to the doctors who tell you that you must keep your baby bundled up all the time with no sun.
Teething problems. These often have to do with poor health. I wish this were more widely known. If you feed yourself well, mothers, before and during pregnancy, and follow a complete nutritional balancing program during and after pregnancy, and are able to breast feed, teething problems will be much less or even non-existent.
If they occur, a little clove oil on the teeth may help. Placing the baby on a nutritional balancing program will also relax your baby, which is helpful.
Telepathy. All babies are telepathic, at least to a degree. Moms and Dads need to know this. Babies can communicate with you, with the family dog or cat, with other animals, with invisible friends Ňon the other sideÓ, and with others, too.
This is often unnerving for parents, who just cannot understand what is going on. They may think their baby is schizophrenic, in a few cases, but this is rarely the case. Instead, the truth is that babies are sensitive and tuned in. So let your baby talk about what he or she sees or hears. Do not tell us to stop it. Just let it be.
Definitely do not take us to a psychologist or psychiatrist because we play with Ňimaginary friendsÓ. They are usually not imaginary. You just cannot see them, but your baby can. They are beings who are there to teach your baby, protect your baby, guide your baby and help your baby grow up strong and healthy. So please just allow us these relationships.
Television. Please do not let babies watch more than one hour daily of this. Most babies love shows with animals, scenery, and even a good news show.
Please keep babies far away from violence, shows with loud music, stupidity, and even sports events, which tend to be somewhat violent. Do not allow your baby to just sit for hours and watch cartoons, most of which are inane and silly. They are not helpful for a babyŐs development. The best TV programs are shows about animals, people, or scenes of various places.
Toilet training. Keep toilet training very gentle and do not rush the process. Rushing things just makes your baby very nervous and it traumatizes your baby. There will be a few accidents, at first. You had them, too. They will pass.
If you donŐt know how to toilet train, please read a book about it, or call a nurse who knows how to do it and follow their advice. It is fairly simple, but it must be done right or it is traumatic for your baby.
Tongue-Tie. This is a very common birth defect. Please check your baby for it carefully. Basically, the tongue is stuck to the bottom of the mouth by some threads that fail to break free. It is easy to solve with simple cutting of the threads by a doctor.
However, if you donŐt break the threads, it is much harder for your baby to suckle at the breast. If that happens, your baby has to suck harder, and that is painful for Mom. She may decide she would rather not breastfeed, and that is a tragedy. So always check your baby for tongue-tie, and have it taken care of immediately for your sake and theirs.
Toxins. Please donŐt poison your baby with synthetic detergents that irritate their skin, poisons in the home that they accidentally touch, cigarette or marijuana smoke, dusty, moldy areas where they play, poisons outside where they play, poisons in their food, poisons in vaccines and medical drugs, and even poisons in herbs, as well.
Traumas. Babes are so easily traumatized, it is not even funny. Please know this. Avoid anything traumatic for your baby, if at all possible. The most common ones are: sexual trauma from wiping wrong during a diaper change, noise trauma from something loud breaking, for instance, trauma due to words that are mean, nasty or lies, and possibly traumas caused by falls, accidents, toilet training accidents, and other things.
Another large source of traumas are doctors of all stripes. Try to keep babies away, sadly. It would be wonderful if they always had positive experiences, but they are rare, in fact. Most doctors are in a hurry, handle babies a little roughly, their hands are not clean, they love shots which babies hate – especially vaccines that are not needed and very toxic. They often use negative words around babies, thinking babies are stupid little creatures when really they understand most everything they say. Even their waiting rooms are often traumatic, with lots of crying, sick children. Just making your baby wait in there is bad. So, sadly, again, please keep babies away from them as much as you can.
Travel. In general, keep babies at home. A few babies love travel at a young age, but in almost cases, wait until your baby is three or older for any lengthy trips.
How to travel. Cars are definitely the best. They have the space to bring along the extra diapers, bottles for extra feedings, blankets for the baby, and more. However, some babies get car sick, so be careful even with car travel.
Babies definitely do not like airplanes, which are filthy. They are also not that safe in these days of terrorism and burnt out pilots. Babies also do not like buses or trains, which are also unclean. It is important to protect babies from germs, please. Babes are quite sensitive to some germs, and they can get very sick very fast. So please keep them home most all the time for the first three years of life.
Vaccines. These are never necessary and always harmful. I know that is a very strong statement, but it is meant to wake up people before all the children are ruined by them. Please read Vaccination – A Medical Abomination, and other articles on the internet that are critical of vaccination. Also, please question and preferably ignore the vaccine propaganda machine run by ignorant or corrupt pediatricians and drug companies, and by the ignorant public health authorities such as the Surgeon-General and others.
Please know that the vaccine proponents regularly lie and distort the truth about the terrible risks of vaccines, publish false studies of vaccine safety and effectiveness, and harass any doctor who goes against their methods. This is the truth about vaccination, sadly.
Moms – before you give birth, sign papers and arrange everything with your doctor, midwife, doula, husband and others to make it completely clear you donŐt want any vaccinations for your baby. Let them all know you will sue them if they violate your orders.
The very worst thing you can do to a babe, other than plain old abuse such as starving or hitting, is to vaccinate. The very worst is when more than one vaccine is given at a doctor visit. This just overwhelms your babyŐs system with toxins and viruses, in most cases. They cannot handle it. Autism, many other problems, and even death can occur.
IF You want problems with your baby, then vaccinate. If you want a healthy baby, then donŐt vaccinate! Also, oppose any stupid law that mandates vaccines. Become a Christian or some other religion if it will get you out of it. Do whatever it takes, please, if you care at all for your baby.
Vitamin K shots for babies. I do not recommend vitamin K shots for babies. If the mother is eating a lot of cooked vegetables, your baby should get plenty of vitamin K. If not, then an oral dose of vitamin K is best. Here is an article on the subject:
Mar 27, 2010 ... Learn the dark side of the routine newborn Vitamin K shot that may lead to serious injury or death.
Walking. This is a very big deal for babies. So help us along. It is not good for babies to fall a lot, so hold them up while they are learning. If possible, find some carpeting for them to learn on so they donŐt fall so hard.
A hard fall for a baby can upset the spine, so at this time in their development be sure they visit a chiropractor or osteopath who adjusts to keep the spine aligned. Otherwise, lifelong damage can occur.
Water for drinking. The only time to give a breast-feeding baby water is if dehydration is occurring. In most cases, this is because the milk is too thick because Mom is not drinking enough, or not drinking the right water, or ingesting caffeine, sugar, fruit, or alcohol, which make her dehydrated, so her milk is too thick as a result.
If you give your baby water, spring water is usually the very best. Carbon-only filtered tap water is usually second best. Please do not give a baby (or yourself) reverse osmosis water. It is devoid of vital minerals, it is too yin, and it does not hydrate most bodies well. Also avoid alkaline water, which is too yin. For much more about water, please read Water For Drinking.
Worms and parasites. These are often easy to take care of, provided you keep your baby away from playing in the dirt, putting dirt in his or her mouth, or putting anything that is dirty at all into the mouth or even on the hands.
Drugs are rarely needed to get rid of parasites. The product called GB-3 (high in pancreatin, ox bile and Russian black radish, often takes care of them if your baby is fed correctly. To repeat, feeding a baby correctly means breast milk only until age 3, in most cases. There may be exceptions if the baby cannot tolerate breast milk. See the above section on breast feeding problems.
Over the age of three, proper feeding means NO FRUIT, NO JUICES, AND NO SWEETS OF ANY KIND, EVER. It also means cooked vegetables several times daily, animal protein daily or almost daily, and a little whole grain, but never white flour or white rice, or other refined products.
Fruit definitely encourages certain parasites and yeasts. Please remember this.
X-rays. Please, NO! Babies rarely need them, unless they are really sick and dying. They can hurt babies a lot. Doctors sometimes use them as if they are not important, but they are important to babies. So please avoid them whenever you can.