SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© March 2023, LD Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
NOTE: This article in being revised and improved. Thank you for your patience.
II. CAUSES FOR SUICIDE
Causes Of Suicide Today
Other Causes In Young People
Other Causes in Older People
The Suicide Lies
III. SUICIDE PREVENTION
Signs Of Possible Suicidal Intent
Questions To Ask If You Suspect A Person Might Commit Suicide
Other Physical Ways To Prevent Suicide
IV. OTHER TOPICS
Hair Mineral Patterns And Suicide
Warning: Over 200 medical drugs have depression and suicide as a side effect. Taking medical drugs is causing an epidemic of suicide.
Among the worst classes of drugs are anti-depressants, heart drugs, birth control pills and anti-acid drugs or acid blockers. These are all best avoided!
If you take any drug and feel worse with suicidal feelings, stop the drug immediately.
The woman in the Life After Life video by Raymond Moody, MD. A woman about 30 years old was unhappy and decided to end it all. She tried to commit suicide by shooting herself.
While she was technically dead, she had an experience. She met with angelic guides who explained to her that taking her life was a very bad idea. They told her that it would not solve her problems. They explained that she would have to come back again to the earth and solve all her problems, and that the next time would be even more difficult than it was at the present time.
They said it would also waste a lot of time, during which she could be enjoying life. They suggested that she choose to continue her life. If she agreed, they would get her help and she would live. On the video, she said she made the right decision and her life was saved.
Buckminster Fuller’s story. Buckminster Fuller was a brilliant designer and engineer. He was also one of my mentors and heroes. When he was 33, his believed his life was a wreck. His child died, his business failed, and he considered himself a total failure. So he decided to end his life.
However, as he was preparing to take his life he had a revelation. He realized that he did not belong to himself. He, including his body, really belonged to God. Therefore, he had no right to take his own life.
This understanding stopped him from taking his life. He went on to become one of the most inventive and innovative scientists the earth has ever known. For more details about Bucky, read Buckminster Fuller.
II. CAUSES FOR SUICIDAL THOUGHTS
Suicide is becoming more common and is a leading cause of death among teenagers. The increase in suicide and suicidal thinking are most likely due to:
1. Medical drugs. Among the worst classes of drugs are anti-depressants, as explained later in this article.
2. The decline in Judeo-Christian values in modern societies.
3. Terrible health and nutrition. Many people do not feel well and do not function well. The problems are nutritional deficiencies and toxic metal poisoning. Medical and other healing professionals provide little to no help for these people.
As a result, they live with pain, brain fog, constant fatigue, and other physical and mental problems. Ending it can seem like the only way out.
4. A constant barrage of lies from the mass media and in schools. These include teaching existential philosophy in schools and universities. Existentialism teaches that life has no meaning and is basically senseless.
Other lies are that mankind is killing the earth, that we will all die of pollution or climate change, that suicide is fine, that socialism and communism are good, and the rest of the lies that are called the liberal, progressive agenda.
5. Attacks by the rogues. The group I call the rogues is a high-tech, alien group that has been on earth for thousands of years causing havoc. In the Bible, they are called Satan. For details, read The Rogues.
6. Mineral toxicity. Excess of certain trace minerals may cause suicidal thoughts. A form of rubidium may do this. Copper imbalance can also have this effect. This is a most interesting research topic.
OTHER CAUSES FOR SUICIDAL THOUGHTS IN YOUNGER PEOPLE
These include relationship breakups, isolation, alienation, and negative emotional states such as grief or guilt.
OTHER CAUSES IN OLDER PEOPLE
1. Loss, such as the death of a loved one, a friend or other relationship loss. Loss means that one feels and actually believes that a part of oneself has been stripped away, never to return. In a sense, this is true.
If you love someone a lot and the person leaves you or dies, you will feel a little incomplete or lonely. If you identify strongly with your job, career, health, location, home, money, even a pet and that is taken from you, one can feel abandoned, unloved, and unappreciated. This can cause an emotional person to feel that he or she must end one’s life to end the pain.
2. Chronic illness. Having an illness, particularly a chronic one that is “incurable”, causes some people to take their life. We find that this is a problem with the medical approach to health. From the perspective of development science, there are no incurable conditions. This does not mean that everyone will become well, but it means that healing is possible.
Development programs often work surprisingly well for these people, enabling them to reduce their medical prescriptions and helping them to lead happier lives.
3. Other problems of old age. These include the inability to work, the inability to travel or move about easily, disfigurement and frailty of the body, mental impairment, side effects of medical drugs, and other problems of old age.
Our society also does not revere the wisdom of older people as much as do many traditional societies.
4. Effects of allopathic medical system that we call Medical Disease. This occurs when one visits doctors and is told of it is implied that one’s health problems are “normal” for one’s age and there is little or nothing that can be done for them. It is a depressing and discouraging perspective that is untrue, but it is the “science” that is taught to medical and even holistic and natural healing personnel.
Instead of truly helping people, the healing personnel often just give people new identities, which are labels such as diabetics, cancer patients, and others. These, also, are false identities that are discouraging.
THE SUICIDE LIES
Another cause for suicide is negative thinking. We call this cause the suicide lies because every one of them is false. Watch out for them if any are creeping into your life! They often take the form of negative statements such as the following.
1. No one loves me.
2. No one cares about me.
3. I’m such a burden to my family or to others.
4. Life is a big accident anyway, and nothing really matters, so it doesn’t matter if I take my life.
5. God doesn’t exist, and even if he does, he must hate me or he just doesn’t care.
6. My problems are too big for God or Jesus to solve.
7. I have no other options but death.
8. I will never feel better.
9. I’m such a loser.
10. There is no hope for me.
11. The world would be better off without me.
12. Stop the drama and just kill yourself.
13. Suicide will end my pain.
14. I wonder if anyone will even notice if I die.
15. I won’t have to pay if I commit suicide.
16. People will be relieved if I’m gone.
17. I am condemned and guilty.
18. I have a curse. I just know it.
19. I am unlovable.
20. I’ve made too many bad decisions. No one can help me.
21. I have asked for help too many times.
22. I will never find love.
23. The future is bad, so why bother living.
24. I am unique and terrible.
Remember – these are all lies and nothing more.
III. SUICIDE PREVENTION
This section is arranged according to the 7 system:
PHYSICAL AND BIOCHEMICAL METHODS OF PREVENTION
This level of prevention is extremely important and often not handled correctly. Truly healthy people very rarely think about suicide because their body cells send them 'happy messages' all day long.
Most everyone who thinks about suicide is physically unhealthy, no matter how healthy one looks or what a doctor or medical tests tell you. Here are the basics of physical prevention:
Lots of rest. Go to bed by 9 PM, each and every night, and sleep a full 9 to 12 hours most nights. If you do not get enough sleep for any reason, take a nap or even two the next day. If you cannot sleep well, read the article about Rest And Sleep and do what it says.
DIET. Stop eating fruit. Fruit makes the body YIN, which is a HUGE suicide risk factor. Anyone thinking about suicide is too yin. For details, read Yin Disease.
We know – the TV and others say fruit is good for you. No. Don't listen to them. You don’t need fruit. You can get all needed nutrients from eating lots of cooked vegetables.
Stop eating junk or poor quality food. This includes all sweets, anything made with white sugar, white flour, white rice and avoid table salt and use sea salt.
Stop eating chemical-laden food. This is most food that is packaged. Instead, eat real food such as fresh meats, fresh cooked vegetables, and whole grains, especially blue corn chips. We know, these are packaged, but they are special.
Eat the special foods. These are blue corn chips, lamb, sardines, and some vegetables – onions, shallots, leeks, scallions or green onions, little or pearl onions, carrots, daikon, brocollini, red cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and a little ginger, garlic, celery, and horse radish root.
No vegetarian and definitely no vegan diets. These are deadly! Do not listen to the vegetarian crowd. They are wrong!!!
Some animals want to be food animals like chickens, lambs, cows and sardines. This means it is their job to be food for us. Using them for food does not hurt the souls – it helps them move along in their development. So eat meat every day!!!
No eating raw. That works for wild animals, but not for human beings! Don't listen to the raw people. They are wrong!
No salads. Humans cannot digest raw vegetables well, even if you are healthy which most are not. So the food is largely wasted. Cook all vegetables for better absorption of minerals, and do not listen to the raw food people. They are wrong! Raw food is also too YIN and gives you yin disease. For details, read Raw Foods.
Drink plenty of water. Most people are also dehydrated because they don’t drink enough water or they drink coffee and tea, which dehydrate the body. This damages both physical and mental health.
Take several bottles of spring water with you to school or work each day. Never drink soda pop, as it is absolute junk, and so are fruit juices – too much sugars!
Also, never drink reverse osmosis water, also called “purified water” or “drinking water”. In our experience, this type of water may be pure, but it does not hydrate the body well, no matter how much you drink. For details, read Water for Drinking.
More things to feel better. The next level of prevention is to read and follow all the suggestions in the article on this website entitled The Healing Lifestyle.
This adds more dietary suggestions, a few nutritional supplements that most everyone needs, and other procedures such as sauna therapy and colon cleansing that are extremely helpful to remove toxins, renourish and rebuild the body.
Even better, contact a development Helper that we train and follow a complete development program.
Anyone can do this at any age
2. Replace negative thoughts. Replace them with positive ones as much as possible. Ways to do this include:
- Keep busy.
- Say the 23rd psalm 20 times a day.
- Read uplifting books or articles. Read the articles on this website.
- Help others, even if it is just as a distraction from your own problems.
- Doubt the negative thoughts: Just say – “I hear the thoughts, but I am really not sure about the truth of them”.
- Improve your health with a development program. This works on your thoughts and your physical body.
3. Social prevention. Parents need to keep in close communication with all teen and pre-teen children, and watch and listen carefully to their children. This also means monitoring web sites your child visits, phone conversations, and all media your child is exposed to such as movies, music and others.
Try to develop hobbies and other activities that keep your interest and are fun for you. Some people use sports, but hobbies are even better for many people. It can be almost anything, but not something that is dangerous or toxic.
Get a dog. You could have a cat or other pet, but dogs are probably best. They are friendly, and they heal people at deep levels.
Also, if you are a good friend, you need to monitor your friends, and others, to look for the following indicators. Never minimize or ignore any of the following warning signs of suicidal thoughts:
· Talk of death or suicide, in general.
· Talk of “going away”.
· Talk of feeling hopeless or helpless.
· Pulling away or withdrawing from friends and family.
· Loss of interest in favorite things or activities.
· Trouble concentrating or thinking clearly.
· Changes in eating or sleeping habits.
· Self-destructive behaviors such as driving too fast, too much interest in sex, masturbation or pornography, or taking up drugs, alcohol or other bad habits.
· A change or decline in school grades.
· Withdrawal, in general.
4. What to do if you notice these signs in yourself or in another person. Here is what to do immediately. Do not wait, please:
· Ask a lot of questions. Do not be afraid to ask if a child has had suicidal thoughts because you are afraid this may trigger the problem. This is not the case, in almost all instances.
· Watch and listen even more to stay on top of things.
· Keep the lines of communication open at all times. This means to make time for communication, and always express your love, concern and support.
· Ask for help, if needed, from anyone your child interacts with such as teachers, coaches, even his or her friends and friends’ parents.
· Ideally, have the person begin a development program immediately, as this can do a lot to end the thoughts.
· Take all statements and confidences your children share seriously. Never minimize or discount any emotion or thought your child has by saying things like “Oh, that is silly”, or “That is not true”, or “That is ridiculous”. Such statements tend to halt deep communication. If your child or anyone thinks something is true, then it is true for him or her. You must allow the person to have his or her ideas in order to keep communication going. So never shut a person down by saying he or she is just wrong or silly. Only with communication can you change things.
· If your child is not comfortable communicating with you or you don’t know what to do, suggest he or she speak with someone else who is trained and experienced with suicidal thoughts. For example, suggest speaking with a trusted friend, or a relative, clergyman, doctor, coach or counselor.
· Always follow up. Suicidal thoughts may come and go, and it is tempting to skip counselor appointments or stop a vitamin program if your child seems to be doing better. This is not wise, as anyone who has ever had suicidal thoughts often will have others in the future.
· Conflicts between parents and children are dangerous in this situation, as they often worsen communication. Therefore, parents must seek help for themselves if they are not able to handle their own emotions and conflicts with their children. Often, a development program for a parent is as helpful as one for a troubled child, as it helps the parent to function better mentally and emotionally, and thus assists the child function better as well.
QUESTIONS TO ASK A PERSON WHO IS HAVING SUICIDAL THOUGHTS
The following are important questions to ask, even if some are very difficult to ask. Just ask gently and perhaps explain why you are asking these questions. Asking the questions is no guarantee that you will get truthful answers, but it is a start and often reveals critical information to help you work with a child, or anyone else.
Also, asking the questions demonstrates your level of concern and that you are taking the situation very seriously. Here are the tough questions that may need to be asked as soon as a child, teen or adult admits to suicidal thoughts or attempts suicide:
· Have you taken any sort of pills, drugs or even vitamins to kill yourself? If so, rush the person to an emergency room immediately. Don’t waste any time. Many who are just “experimenting” with pills or want to attract attention do not realize that taking an overdose of pills that seem harmless, like Tylenol or aspirin, can kill you.
· What is your plan, if you have one, to end your life?
· What has brought you to this decision or desire to end your life?
· Have you ever attempted suicide in the past?
· Has anyone else in your family discussed suicide or attempted suicide?
· Have you ever used alcohol or drugs?
· Have you recently experienced any type of loss, problem or disappointment?
· Are you currently taking any over-the-counter, prescription or even herbal remedies?
Other preventive measures that are controversial - Mental Prevention. Find out what your child or friend has been doing and learning in school, and from friends and other adults. Public schools, especially, are often out of control today as far as what they teach.
Bullying and other problems in school or at work can easily make a person want to commit suicide. Girls sometimes get raped, and even boys can experience rape, torture or other serious problems.
Instead of the schools teaching about heroism, love and healing, they teach that dressing sexy is fine, that mankind is killing the earth, that white people are villains, that freedom is silly and outdated, and capitalism, free enterprise and business are bad. This is all garbage and destructive, but it is the current curriculum at most schools. It is one of the reasons we suggest pulling children out of schools and teaching them at home.
Schools today also teach that the Bible, religion and the US Constitution are just old relics that are not “relevant”. They often teach moral relativism, the deadly doctrine that there is no right or wrong, and truth is just what each person believes is true.
Television and schools also often teach that life is not that great, and suicide is fine. This is also a terrible lie. It is not fine.
Colleges often teach existentialism. This is the idea that life is completely meaningless and nothing matters. This can also cause some people to want to commit suicide.
We believe this indoctrination in schools and universities is a big cause of suicidal thoughts today, along with bad diets, medical and other drugs, and just unhealthy bodies and unhealthy lifestyles – particularly lack of sleep and bad food.
Make sure your child and you read spiritual books such as the Bible, and not just school textbooks. If possible, make sure that you and any child or teen understands the horror of the liberal, socialistic, progressive agenda taught in schools and in the media, so he or she can resist it better.
OTHER PHYSICAL MEANS OF PREVENTING SUICIDE
This section may seem unusual, but certain physical activities will help prevent suicide. Try doing these with any child, for example, who is thinking of suicide. They are:
- tickling a person
- blowing in a person’s ear
- whispering to a person
- watching television or listening to the radio.
- having something to look forward to.
- social fantasies – sexual, travel or other.
HOW DEVELOPMENT AND A DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM HELPS PREVENT SUICIDE
Development is the growth of the human energy field. It is also fulfilling the entire genetic potential of a human being. This does not occur often today because the bodies are so malnourished and toxic.
Development heals the physical body and the brain at very deep levels. It also makes people happier and wiser. It also helps bring out a person’s special talents and abilities. It also helps a person make better decisions and to understand and analyze situations better. All this can help prevent suicide. For details, read Introduction To Development.
People report the following effects of a development program:
· They are able to get off anti-depressants and certain other medical drugs that can cause suicidal thinking.
· Improved energy production. Energy is needed for all of life’s activities, from school to work to relationships and more. Low energy is a common cause of depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and many other emotional problems.
· Improved clarity of thinking. Clear, logical thinking requires or at least benefits from a stable blood sugar level, adequate nutrition of the brain and nervous system, and the removal of toxic metals, hundreds of toxic chemicals and many chronic and often low-grade infections such as yeast infections of the brain and elsewhere that most people have in their bodies to some degree.
· More balanced emotions. Learning to control and balance the emotions is made much easier when the brain and the entire body function better biochemically. This can take a while to correct, but a person often feels better within a few months of changing the diet, living a more healthful lifestyle with more rest and sleep, drinking plenty of healthful water, and taking several nutritional supplements to help rebuild and balance the body and brain.
· Other subtle changes. Many people report to us that they are emotionally stronger, happier, brighter and generally feel much better when their body chemistry becomes balanced. This can occur in as little as a few days to a week, while in other cases it can take a few months or more if more imbalances are present.
IV. OTHER TOPICS
HAIR MINERAL ANALYSIS AND SUICIDE
Hair test findings. Any pattern may occur with suicidal thinking because suicide is a complex phenomenon. However, the patterns we see most commonly include:
Moderate To Extreme Slow oxidation. This indicates fatigue and chronic stress. For details, read Slow Oxidation.
A low sodium/potassium ratio. A low sodium/potassium ratio is an electrical imbalance in the body, usually a nutritional depletion pattern, and more. For details, read The Sodium/Potassium Ratio.
Four lows pattern. Four lows indicates quite an impaired body chemistry. It often feels like having one’s car stuck in a ditch with the wheels spinning, getting nowhere. For details, read Four Low Electrolytes.
These are also called reversal patterns. A reversal is a kind of backward-thinking pattern. Suicide is definitely a reversal symptom.
Excessively high or very low levels of toxic metals such as mercury, copper, cadmium and others. These metals interfere with brain activity in many subtle ways that can make a person more depressed, moody and with a negative attitude. All of these patterns can be corrected.
WHY ARE SUICIDAL THOUGHTS NOT DISCUSSED MORE OFTEN?
The reasons may be:
- It is not a nice or pleasant subject to discuss.
- Most families who have been through it do not want to discuss it at all. In fact, many refuse to talk about it due to their pain, shame or sadness.
- Medical, psychological and psychiatric personnel have little idea how to predict suicide attempts. No definitive medical or psychological tests exist to predict it.
- Medical and psychological personnel often do not know what to do about suicidal thoughts. Drugs, counseling and hospitalization are used, but often with poor success.
NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES AND A COMPANION ARTICLE
Near-death experiences or NDEs are situations in which one almost dies due to an accident, surgery, a suicide attempt or some other reason. They can help you understand what happens when the body dies and why suicide is a bad idea.
A very good book and video about about them is Life After Life by Raymond Moody, MD. Dr. Moody interviews a number of people to learn about their near-death experiences. For more details, read Life After Life and Near-Death Experiences.
Home | Hair Analysis | Saunas | Books | Articles | Detox Protocols
Courses | About Dr. Wilson | The Free Basic Program