THE BASIC OR ÔFREEÕ DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© February 2021, LD Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
Questions and Answers
The Alkaline Reserve or Development Diet
Basic Healing And Detoxification Procedures
Modifications For Pregnancy
Modifications For Lactation
Updates On The Blog
The Complete Development Program
This article describes an introductory or starter development program that does not involve supervision and does not require mineral testing. To understand the program much better, read Testimonials.
Dr. Wilson has a medical degree and 40 years of experience with this program. At least 100,000 people have done the program. Click here to read about Dr. Wilson.
The development program was developed over the past 50 years. The advent of computer-controlled mass spectrometers have made possible very accurate tissue mineral testing, upon which the program is based.
Regular medical doctors used to include a lot of nutrition in their work. This changed about 110 years ago in America and in most other nations. This was due to the growth of the patented drug industry. In our experience, most illness today has to do with errors in the area of diet, lifestyle and the need for nutritional supplementation.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Here are a few questions and answers about it:
1. Why is it called the development program? Because it causes a deep and fairly permanent type of healing that we call development. For details, read Introduction To Development.
2. What does it involve? The program has four parts:
a) A very specific diet. Do not combine it with other diets.
b) A basic healthful lifestyle, especially lots of rest.
c) Seven nutritional supplements – and not other vitamins, minerals, or herbs. You can remain on prescribed medication, if needed.
d) Several detoxification procedures.
Of these, the diet is the most important. It is an alkaline, gluten-free, omnivorous diet. Begin with the diet. If you skip the diet, the program will not work.
3. Is healing the same for everyone? No, but many people benefit from the starter program. This article actually includes three programs – one for adults, one for children, and one for pregnant and lactating women.
A complete or full program is more powerful because it is individualized and supervised, but many people like getting started on their own, so we offer the free program, as well.
4. How much does it cost? You will need to buy the correct food and ideally, the nutritional supplements. Spring water is helpful, as well. This is little more costly than a standard diet, but not that much for most people. If you add the healing procedures, there is some, but not much additional cost.
The free program saves $150-250.00 USD when starting out. However, it is not necessarily less costly than a supervised program. If you choose to work with one of the Approved Helpers, often you will receive a discount on the nutritional supplements. Over a period of six months or so, the savings pays for the consultation and testing fees.
Getting started on the diet, supplements and procedures takes a few weeks for most people. This is normal.
Modifications for children, mothers-to-be, pregnancy and lactation are described after the basic program outlined below.
NOTE: The diet is the most important part of the program. If you do not follow the diet, the rest of the program will not work nearly as well, and you may run into problems because you will not be able to detoxify as well.
The goals of the diet are:
- To provide hundreds of phyto-nutrients found only in cooked vegetables. We find that everyone is mineral-starved today, thanks to modern agricultural practices, stress and eating refined food. This diet is the only way to obtain the nutrients everyone needs.
- To ease digestion. Most people have weak digestion.
- To provide pure food with a minimum of toxic chemicals. Over 3000 chemicals are permitted in food, and many of these can damage health.
- To balance body chemistry with the use of only certain foods.
For details of the diet, go to:
1. Reduce stress wherever you can by living simply. Also, do your best to live and work in a safe location with clean air, peace and quiet. Try to do work that you enjoy, and do your best to surround your self with people and things you enjoy.
2. More rest is critical for most people. Do your best to get 9-10 or more hours of sleep every night. Also, getting to sleep early, between 8 and 9 PM, will give you the most restful nightÕs sleep. Naps are also excellent, as you may feel tired, at times, as healing occurs.
3. Gentle exercise only is best with a development program because it will help conserve most of your energy for healing. Limit your exercise to gentle walking, hiking, bicycling or perhaps swimming in lakes, oceans or rivers but not pools, due to toxic chemicals and infections.
Although some health authorities will disagree, it is not necessary to exercise vigorously. Even Kenneth Cooper, the founder of aerobics, discovered this after a number of people dropped dead of heart attacks during vigorous exercise routines.
Most people are 1) exhausted, and 2) unhealthy. As a result, vigorous exercise may feel good, but just stresses the body severely and is not a good idea.
4. Deep breathing. Do deep breathing every day for at least 15-30 minutes.
5. Try to minimize sexual fluid loss. This means to limit regular sex to no more than once a week, and less if you are tired or debilitated.
6. Sunshine. Sun exposure for 10 to 20 minutes daily is very good. Do not stay in the sun for hours, as this is toxic, even if you wear sunscreen. Most suncreens are toxic, so please do not use them.
7. Reduce toxic exposures. Reduce all chemicals on your skin such as perfumes, cologne, lotions, etc. Also beware of lawn chemicals, pesticides, solvents, paints, and other toxins. Use only natural products with as few chemicals in them as possible.
8. Root canal-filled teeth. Root canal-filled teeth almost always harbor serious infection, even if you cannot feel it. Most often, it is best to have the tooth removed. This can be extremely important in order to regain and maintain your health. It is essential if you have cancer.
9. Silver amalgam dental fillings. If you have silver amalgam dental fillings, begin now to have them replaced, preferably with composite resin fillings. The silver amalgams contain mercury that is extremely toxic.
Also, do not get fluoride treatments and do not get metal braces on your teeth. The metal usually contains nickel, a potent toxin.
10. Minimize electromagnetic pollution. Use a wired land telephone, rather than a cell phone. If you must use a cell or portable phone, hold it away from your head or use a headset or speakerphone.
Turn off all electrical devices when you sleep, and keep them as far away as possible from you at all times.
11. Minimize and preferably avoid using all medical drugs and most over-the-counter drugs. Most are toxic.
1. The following are the ONLY supplements that we suggest until you decide to send in a hair sample to begin a complete development program.
2. NatureMade is a decent and very inexpensive brand of supplements sold online and in some supermarkets and drugstores. They usually work well.
3. Many supplement brands do not work that well, no matter what they cost. We use Endomet brand of supplements from Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
Specific supplements for this program:
1. TMG or trimethylglycine. This excellent supplement helps with toxic metal removal and much more. It is a methyl group donor.
Dosage. Women can take up to 1000 mg daily. Men can take up to 3000 mg daily. Children over about age 6 can take a little. Younger children do not need TMG.
2. Megapan or a similar multi-mineral/multi-vitamin product. Megapan is from Endomet Laboratories. If you are trying to match it, it has no copper and no iron in it. It also has about 10 mg of each of the B-complex, and a little selenium, zinc, and chromium. These are the main ingredients to match.
Dosage. The dosage is three tablets daily for adults, and fewer for children over the age of about 8. This product is not for children under age 8.
3. Kelp capsules. This is an excellent source of iodine and minerals. WARNING: Kelp causes a powerful healing reaction in a few people. Always begin with only half a capsule of kelp daily and work up slowly.
Dosage. For adults: up to 6000 mg capsules of kelp daily, and less for children. Always begin with only half a capsule daily and work up slowly.
Children under the age of about 5 do not need any. Only use the following brands: NatureÕs Way, Solaray, Endomet or the other brands mentioned in the article referenced below. You may also take about a tablespoon of kelp granules from Frontier Herbs or Monterrey Bay Herbs. Other brands may be toxic.
4. Omega-3 fatty acids. This is an important anti-inflammatory supplement needed by most everyone due to modern agricultural practices and modern diets.
An excellent source is fish oil. Cod liver oil or fermented butter oil do not work as well, in my experience. Krill oil is somewhat toxic and not recommended.
Dosage. Adults need about 1200 mg daily, and less for children. Children under age 5 do not need any.
Reference: Omega-3 Fatty Acids
5. Vitamin D3. This is another very important supplement because food and sunshine do not provide enough.
Dosage. Adults should take 4000-5000 iu daily. Less for children. Children under age 5 do not need a supplement.
Reference: Vitamin D
6. Calcium, magnesium, zinc and selenium. Everyone needs a supplement of these four minerals.
Dosage. Most adults need about 750 mg of a quality calcium product, 450 mg of a quality magnesium product, about 20-30 mg of a good zinc product and 100-200 mcg of selenium. The form of the minerals should be chelates, lactates, citrates or other high quality minerals. Some people need more than this. Even babies need a calcium and magnesium supplement, but not much zinc and selenium.
Reference: Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc And Selenium
7. A powerful digestive aid. It should ideally contain ox bile and pancreatin. This is the most yang and usually the most powerful, as well.
Dosage. We suggest one from Endomet Labs called GB-3, at a dose of one or two tablets per meal.
These are very important for some people, and less so for others. Always begin with the diet, not with the healing procedures. Add the healing procedures once you are on the diet.
1. The Pulling Down Exercise for up to two hours daily. This is a very simple mental exercise required for fast development. Done enough, it heals most health conditions. It is calming, centering, grounding, and brings a healing energy into the body. This is the most important mental exercise we suggest.
For details, read The Pulling Down Procedure
2. The spinal twists, pops, pulls and kicks once or twice daily. These simple movements will help keep your spine loose and in alignment. They can work as well as some chiropractic, although they are not intended a substitute for excellent chiropractic care.
For details, read The Spinal Twists, Pops, Pulls And Kicks.
3. Foot and hand reflexology once or twice daily. Refelxology involves firmly pressing on reflex points on your feet and/or hands. Be sure to press on the bottoms of the feet, the tops of the feet and all around the toes and the ankle.
This is a simple, inexpensive, safe, and very powerful procedure that anyone can do at home. It will balance the channel system of the body. By so doing, it helps release toxins, helps relax the body, and improves many symptoms.
We suggest doing it in the morning and before bed at night. Ten minutes for each foot is sufficient in most cases.
4. Daily shining a reddish heat lamp on the abdomen for one hour or daily use of a red heat lamp saunafor 20-30 minutes. This is a fabulous, inexpensive and a safe healing and detoxification procedure. Regular use enables the body to eliminate hundreds of toxic chemicals and two dozen toxic metals in a few years that would otherwise take much longer.
The sauna or heat lamp therapy also helps greatly to safely eliminate chronic infections. They can also dramatically improve circulation, hydration and oxygenation of the body. Near infrared lamp saunas are dry, clean and use very little electricity. Free plans are on this website.
5. 1 to 4 coffee enemas daily. Coffee enemas are remarkable in their ability to remove toxins from the liver and colon. Done properly, they are safe and a powerful detoxification procedure that we always recommend with a development program. While not mandatory, they greatly speed up the healing process for most people.
For details, read Coffee Enemas.
6. The Accelerators. These are other excellent healing and detoxification procedures that will speed up your development. For details, read The Accelerators.
1. For safety, please follow instructions exactly. Do not add, omit or change anything! Do not follow the advice of some other health practitioner.
2. Do not combine this program with other nutrition programs. This almost always wrecks the development program.
3. Weaning off prescription medication. DonÕt stop prescribed medication when beginning this program. Often, after a while you wonÕt need prescribed medication, but this can take a few months or longer.
Weaning off replacement hormones. The program will slowly rebuild your hormones, and this will usually make it possible to wean off replacement hormones unless the gland has been surgically removed or destroyed with radiation. This includes thyroid, adrenal and sex hormones.
Continuing to take replacement hormones of any kind will eventually impair the program. Blood tests may indicate that you must have the hormones, but we find that that the blood tests are not necessarily the only way to assess your glandular activity.
4. Development is really not a do-it-yourself program. We suggest contacting one of the Approved Helpers as soon as possible, so you will have supervision. This works much better than doing it all on your own.
Doing the program yourself usually does not work well because:
- Some aspect is ignored or something is added that damages it. For example, a man could not understand why the program failed to work. However, he told me he runs marathons, and vigorous exercise ruins the program. Another person who recently contacted me who was not doing well was adding progesterone to the program. This wonÕt work, either.
- Some people become frightened when they have a healing reaction, even though it is a welcome sign.
- Some people are talked out of the program by friends, relatives or doctors. Having a helper to consult can assist you to handle all these problems, and others that can arise.
You will not be able to depend on your medical doctor, naturopath, family members or friends for this purpose. They are simply not familiar with the development science principles and their application. Please read Why Development Is Not A Do-It-Yourself Program.
5. Healing or purification reactions may occur that can be annoying. These reactions are an integral part of this program. Even this free program may bring up chronic infections, emotional issues, and toxic conditions in the body in order to help release them.
When these healing reactions occur, many people become frightened and quit the program, thinking they are becoming more ill. However, this is rarely true. You may read about this in the article entitled Purification Reactions.
6. The free program is not nearly as powerful as a complete program based on a mineral analysis. The free program is offered to the public, with no knowledge of your particular health conditions. For this reason, the free program must be general, in nature. It is therefore less powerful than an individualized program.
A complete development program is much more powerful. It involves contacting one of the Approved Helpers and obtaining a hair mineral analysis to assess your body chemistry.
The diet, supplements and procedures will then be suggested in an individualized manner. Some people need this individualized program badly, while others can do well for a while on this free program.
In addition, your Approved Helper will periodically suggest a retest hair mineral analysis and a new program to keep up with changes in your body chemistry. This is essential to keep making progress.
Diet. The diet applies equally to children. However, children under about age 8 to 10 must have some fat or oil with each meal, along with their cooked vegetables. They also must have many fewer grains, cereals and other starches.
1. All supplement doses must be adjusted down for children.
No vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids, kelp or TMG for children under age 5.
Procedures: We do not recommend coffee enemas, saunas or the pushing down exercise for young children. However, babies and children benefit a lot from a single reddish heat lamp on their abdomen and/or back. The light must strike their skin.
Children less than about 5 years old can use a lamp for 5 to 10 minutes. Over age 5 or 6, increase the time with the lamp to 10-15 minutes. Over age 9 or 10, increase to 20-50 minutes.
Development is superb to prepare for pregnancy, and during pregnancy. We have never had a problem with a development program in relation to its safety during pregnancy or lactation.
Program modifications for pregnancy:
1. Diet. No changes. If extra iron is needed, begin by eating a little more red meat and green vegetables. Dessicated liver tablets are a good source of iron, better than most iron pills.
2. Supplements. Be sure to take at least one Megapan tablet or equivalent during pregnancy to provide enough folic acid and other supplementary vitamins. This is usually much better than the pre-natal vitamin prescribed by most doctors.
3. Procedures. Limit sauna therapy during pregnancy to about 10 minutes on the abdomen and the rest on the back. Too much on the abdomen can upset the baby inside. The other procedures are safe and very good during pregnancy.
Modifications for lactation:
1. Diet. No changes
2. Supplements. Very important. No changes.
3. Procedures. No changes.
Rarely, during lactation a baby will become colicky due to a supplement the mother is taking. One must experiment to figure out which supplement is causing problems. Sometimes changing the time one takes the supplement relative to feeding times will help the problem.
The articles are updated as we learn more. However, the most up-to-date information is found on the New Earth Blog.
THE COMPLETE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The information in the paragraphs above is basic for a healthful lifestyle, diet and healing program that, in my experience, will actually heal over 50% of peopleÕs symptoms, with nothing else added. It is the place to begin.
The next step, if you so choose, is to embark on a more precise and more personalized development program. This involves sending a hair sample to one of the Approved Practitioners listed on this website. The program you will receive will combine most of the above with more specific instructions.
In addition, an individualized program will include several more food supplements based on your hair analysis patterns, and more precise instructions on the use of the detoxification procedures. In addition, the hair mineral test may offer other clues and information that may help us design a more personalized program for you. For more on this topic, go to Find A Practitioner And Begin A Development Program.