ABUSE OR TRAUMA PATTERNS ON A HAIR MINERAL TEST
By Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© March 2015, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is solely the opinion of the author and for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
Certain mineral patterns on a hair mineral test are often associated with present or past abuse. The abuse can be physical, mental, or emotional in nature. This article briefly discusses some of these patterns.
Each of the patterns below may occur by itself. When several of the patterns occur together on one hair test, it increases the chances that abuse or trauma are present.
1. A calcium shell pattern, which in an adult woman is a hair calcium level above 165 mg%. In a man, it is a hair calcium level above about 155 mg%.
In these cases, a person may be said to be “hiding” to some degree behind a shell or wall. On a physiological level, the elevated calcium acts as a buffer that actually numbs the person a little, and reduces awareness somewhat. This may be needed after experiencing a trauma, or it may just be the result of trauma.
If the hair calcium level is higher, the likelihood of the presence of a trauma increases. For example, in a woman, a calcium level above 200 mg% is called a double calcium shell pattern. A calcium level above about 280 mg% is called a triple shell pattern. To read more on this subject, please read The Calcium Shell on this website.
2. Spiritual defensiveness pattern, which is a calcium/magnesium ratio greater than 13.5. This indicates a lifestyle that is out of integrity in some way. It can indicate self-abuse, such as using alcohol or drugs. It can also indicate that a person is in a damaging or negative relationship, for example. For more on this topic, please read Spiritual Defensiveness on this website.
3. Four lows pattern. This is an exhaustion metabolic type that can be associated with trauma and abuse. In this metabolic state, a person is “spinning his wheels” instead of functioning correctly. Another analogy is that “one’s boat is in dry dock” because it will no longer float. This can be the result of trauma or abuse. For more on this topic, please read Four Lows Pattern on this website.
4. Victim patterns. Playing the victim is a psychological stance or perspective that is often the result of some kind of abuse or trauma. Quite reliable victim patterns on a hair mineral analysis in which the hair is not washed at the laboratory are:
A. sodium of 1 mg% and potassium of 1 mg%
B. sodium of 2 mg% and potassium of 1 mg%
C. sodium of 1 mg% and potassium of 2 mg%.
This indicates a person has a severe yin deficiency in acupuncture terminology, and in Western terms is playing a victim role. A nutritional balancing program is often very helpful to end this pattern. For more on this subject, please read Victimhood on this website.
5. A sodium/potassium ratio less than 1. This I call a trauma Na/K ratio. It is a very chronic stress indicator. It is also associated with feelings of extreme frustration, resentment and hostility. This is often due to some type of trauma or abuse in the present or past.
Trauma points. I find there are several “trauma points” with the sodium/potassium ratio. One occurs when the sodium/potassium ratio is close to 1:1 or a little less. Another occurs when the ratio is around 0.4:1 to 0.5:1. Also, life is usually not sustainable when the sodium/potassium ratio less than about 0.2:1. So this may be considered another trauma point.
Types of abuse and trauma that can lower the sodium/potassium ratio to this level includes violent rapes, beatings, serious accidents and injuries to the body, too much stress, and severe nutritional deprivation. We know about this because when a person heals a very low sodium/potassium ratio on a nutritional balancing program, and the sodium/potassium ratio reaches these levels, a person often becomes aware of past trauma or abuse. This can stop the person from moving ahead on the nutritional balancing program if the retracing process is too painful. For much more on this topic, please read A Low Sodium/Potassium Ratio on this site.
NOTE: Toxic potassium and the sodium/potassium ratio. In some cases, especially in infants, the sodium/potassium ratio may be lower than 0.2, and yet the child or even an adult seems fairly healthy. This may occur due to the release of toxic potassium through the hair and skin. This temporarily raises the hair potassium level and makes the sodium/potassium ratio look lower than it really is. This is called an artifact, because it is an elimination of toxic potassium through the hair, and is not representative of the actual hair tissue metabolic condition. For more on this topic, please read Toxic Potassium on this website.
6. Double low ratio pattern on the first four minerals (a calcium/magnesium ratio less than about 4 along with a sodium/potassium ratio less than 2.5). This is a death pattern or double give-up pattern. Dr. Paul Eck called it a double inversion pattern. It usually looks like a sawtooth pattern of the first four minerals on an ARL hair mineral chart. It is often related to trauma and abuse in the past or present. For more on this pattern, please read Double Low Ratio Pattern on this site.
7. Double low ratio pattern on the second four minerals on an ARL hair test graph. This is a pattern in which the levels of iron, copper, manganese and zinc visually and in terms of their ratios form a double low ratio pattern. The iron/copper ratio must be less than about 0.8 and the manganese/zinc ratio must be less than about 0.002. Visually, the level of iron must be quite a bit lower than the level visually of copper, and it must look like a sawtooth pattern.
The patterns on the second four minerals seem to represent a deeper level of the mind or soul. This is a more subtle double give-up or death pattern that is often related to past trauma and abuse. It appears to be a deeper or more subtle version of Pattern #6 just above.
8. Manganese level greater than 0.04 mg%. In some cases, this is due to being forced to pour gasoline over the body, a form of physical abuse. One can also have manganese toxicity from occupational exposure or from elevated manganese in one’s drinking water.
9. Following the cult or rape diet. This usually indicates that a person has been told what to eat and drink in order to keep the body weak and ill. Hair indicators often include:
A. Nickel equal to or greater than 0.02 mg% and/or lead greater than 0.1 mg%. This can be due to being forced to drink rooibos tea, or red tea. This tea is somewhat high in nickel and lead. There are few other ways to obtain excess nickel unless one works with nickel plating, for example. Lead can come from a few other sources, such as hair dyes, lipstick, occupational exposure, and others. For more on these topics, please read Nickel and Lead on this website.
B. Aluminum greater than about 0.8 mg%. In some cases, this occurs because a person is forced to use anti-perspirants, which contain aluminum.
C. Mercury greater than about 0.33 mg%. In some instances, this is due to being forced to eat tunafish or other fish on a daily basis. Most fish is high in mercury, with the exception of 3-4 cans of sardines weekly, or other very small fish. Forcing a person to eat mercury-laden fish on a daily basis is often part of the cult or rape diet. For more about this topic, please read The Cult Or Rape Diet on this website.
10. A Severe Bowl pattern. This is a combination of two of the patterns mentioned earlier – an elevated Ca/Mg ratio and a low sodium/potassium ratio. A severe bowl pattern indicates that a person is feeling very stuck emotionally, and perhaps physically as well. This can be the result of some type of trauma or abuse, usually in the present.
11. The high number pattern. This is the presence on the hair mineral test of at least four elevated mineral levels. In some cases, this is associated with intense toxicity due to physical or other types of abuse or trauma. It is often associated with the cult diet mentioned above.
12. Vampire patterns. Many people who have suffered a trauma or abuse have difficulty accessing their own life energy. This can be due to a closing of the seventh energy center, or for other reasons. As a result, often planned, the person learns to take energy from others.
The main indicator for a vampire pattern is a fast oxidation pattern in an adult, with normal or elevated calcium/magnesium and sodium/potassium ratios. Other patterns that reinforce a vampire pattern are:
A. A sodium /potassium ratio is greater than about 5.
B. A calcium/magnesium ratio is greater than 9.5.
C. A very fast oxidation rate.
D. Combinations of A, B and C above.
13. An all poors pattern. This is a hair mineral chart with many poor eliminator patterns. These indicate difficulty releasing toxic metals. Difficulty eliminating toxic metals can be associated with the presence of trauma in the body or soul.
14. Copper level greater than 2.5 mg%. Copper accumulation is associated with feelings of fear, and this can be due to trauma and abuse.
A lot of copper in the body can also act as a mechanism to detach a person from stress. The person often feels a little spacey or detached. This may be needed if one experiences a trauma, or may simply be one result of trauma.
In some cases, however, elevated copper may be due to liver damage, weak adrenals or other causes. For much more about copper, please read Copper Toxicity Syndrome.