THE CREED FOR MODERN LIVING
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© June 2018, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
1. LIFE IS A GREAT GIFT. KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE AND TREAT IT AS SUCH.
2. TRUTH IS REAL. Truth is absolute, even if we cannot comprehend it at times. This is the opposite of the concept of moral relativism. The latter is the belief that there is no absolute truth, and each person can just believe what he or she wants.
Truth is not relative, and it is not up for debate. Your truth is not different from my truth. It is just that some people understand more truth than others. Another reason for differences of opinion is that we sometimes become confused by words or semantics.
3. SEEK THE TRUTH IN ALL THINGS, AT ALL TIMES. It will set you free from error, as a great Teacher once said. The commandments below will help you with this endeavor without burdening you at all, if you read them correctly and understand them correctly.
4. GOD, OR THE FATHER ENERGY IN THE UNIVERSE, IS REAL. If you don’t like the word God, use the word Father Energy.
The Father Energy is not the same as your biological father, who is just a man like any other. The Heavenly Father and your earthly father have little to do with each other.
5. GOD, OR THE FATHER ENERGY IN THE UNIVERSES, LOVES ALL OF US UNCONDITIONALLY AND WHOLLY. WITHOUT THIS LOVE, WE WOULD NOT EXIST. THIS IS THE REALITY OF OUR BEING. This means we exist in God, and we exist because of God.
4. THEREFORE, ALIGN YOUR SOUL AND YOUR ACTIONS WITH THIS ENERGY OR FORCE. The Bible states: “Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy might.” In other words, you are the product, or the creature, or the child of God, without which you cannot exist at all. So love your Source Of Being completely, and you will receive His energy more and more.
Do anything else, and you will tend to falter and die. If this commandment is ever forgotten, all the others mean nothing.
5. DO NOT USE OR TAKE THE NAME OF GOD OR THE FATHER ENERGY IN VAIN. This is more important than you may think. It does not just mean do not swear in the usual sense. It does not just mean to use the word God carefully.
It means to respect the office of God, if I can say it that way. It means to respect that there is a leader, a Father Energy in the universe that you depend upon for everything in life, and that He or It loves you dearly and completely, or you would not exist.
6. LOVE OTHERS AS YOU HAVE BEEN LOVED BY THE FATHER ENERGY OR GOD. This means to respect the life, the property, and the feelings of others. It means to be patient with others, though not if another is acting destructively. It means to love others in the heart or mind. It does not mean to love others sexually, however.
RELATING TO OTHERS
1. MARRIAGE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN IS SACRED BEYOND ALL THINGS. Marriage is a special joining of the souls of two individuals of the opposite sex. Do not confuse it with other types of relationships. Other types of relationships may be acceptable under the laws of the state, but they are not sacred marriages.
All advanced societies have used marriage between a man and a woman to make the society sustainable. Real marriage teaches decency, caring, and love. It is needed for raising children well, and preventing certain sexual problems.
Sacred or real marriages also protect women, especially, but also men. They help prevent loneliness and depression, and they are the basic economic and social unit of society.
Marriage also assists people to handle certain problems better than they can be handled alone. Marriage is thus the basis for advanced civilization the world over, and a very critical institution.
There can be relationships between friends, colleagues or others, but they are not marriages in the sense used in this section. This includes homosexual, polygamous, casual, or so-called open “marriages”.
Licenses. This does not mean one must obtain a marriage license from the government. One can marry in a religious tradition only, if one desires. This is better, in fact. Civil or secular marriages and marriage licenses are a relatively new idea, made up by secular governments.
However, present-day governments are not holy institutions. As such, they are not designed or empowered to marry people in the way described in this section, and they are not empowered to make marriage a privilege that requires or needs a license to complete it.
2. FAMILY IS SACRED BEYOND ALL THINGS EXCEPT MARRIAGE. Family means your intimate group or closest friends and relatives. It includes not only a man, his wife and their immediate children.
Family also includes the larger extended family of the relatives, the community, the nation or state, and the planet. All this is family for the purposes of this section.
Families matter because families are the economic, social and political units of society. A sustainable society demands healthy families. They must function smoothly and harmoniously or society will break apart. When this occurs, life becomes miserable.
3. DO NOT HAVE SEX WITH ANOTHER UNLESS YOU ARE MARRIED TO THE PERSON. This may sound harsh, but is needed at this time to stem the tide of sexually transmitted diseases that are taking their toll on the health of thousands of young women, and some young men, as well.
STDs are not benign, many have no medical treatment, and they slowly spread to the brain and elsewhere, where they damage vital centers and reduce the lifespan and the life force in a person.
4. HONOR THY PARENTS. This means to always treat them decently. It does not necessarily mean dedicating all your time to caring for them. It does mean to honor those who gave you life and limb. Life and limb means the idea of life and the body of life. Both are quite important.
5. TREAT OTHERS BETTER THAN YOU WOULD HAVE THEM TREAT YOU. This is the essence of all relationships, which are always sacred. Friendship is thus sacred, and always to be honored within marriage, family, community, nation, and the world.
1. RESPECT LIFE IN ALL ITS FORMS. More specifically, DO NOT KILL IN COLD BLOOD. You may kill animals for food. Also, if attacked, you may respond to save your life, your property, and the lives of others.
However, do not kill for pleasure, looks, money, ideas, religion, “honor”, rights, duties, or for other reasons. Also, do not kill to get rid of competition, or just to silence those who would oppose you.
2. LIVE IN INTEGRITY. Integrity is a special word meaning unity or entirety. It means to live a unified, principled and balanced life. It means not to live a lie, not to live a double life, or a life of ignorance, error, or arrogance.
Integrity also means or implies a delicate balance, living with courage, with self-acceptance and patience, and with the understanding that perfection is not of this plane of existence, so stop forcing it, though you should seek it always. The opposite of living in integrity is ignorance, arrogance, error or sin.
Living in integrity and truth is a difficult task, but one well worth working on every day. Just ask in prayer, “Am I living this day in integrity, O Father or God?” You will receive help when you do this on a daily basis. The remaining sections, and those above, will assist you to live in integrity.
3. DO NOT STEAL OR APPROPRIATE THAT WHICH IS NOT YOURS. This includes stealing not only things, money or the property of others, but also stealing ideas without giving credit, and stealing the virtue of a woman, even if she is not a virgin. It includes the admonition to not rape, but also to avoid casual sexual affairs without marriage.
4. DO NOT LIE. Do not lie means to tell the truth, plain and simple, without embellishment, exaggeration or omissions. It also means also do not lie to yourself.
It also means do not attempt to sway or impress others, particularly for personal gain. This is difficult for some people, who spend a lot of time attempting to impress others and sway others to their way of thinking and acting.
It is fine to teach others and lead others. It is not acceptable to sway their minds with emotional appeals, false statements or half-truths. That is the meaning of “do not attempt to sway others’ minds”.
5. CARE FOR EVERYTHING. In other words, DO NOT WASTE - ANYTHING. This includes wasting time, materials, energy, human potential, friendship, the body, and more. This is a very broad admonition, but a very important one. Most people waste a lot of time, energy and money.
Many also waste their sexual fluids. Loss of sexual fluid once a month or less is usually best. Less sexual intercourse does not mean less love is present among partners, and often it is the reverse. Down Sex does not waste sexual fluid and is much better.
Most people also waste the body by filling it with poor quality food and water, prescription and over-the-counter drugs, toxic skin care products, toxic ideas, and toxic emotions.
Other common ways people waste their bodies are by not resting enough, doing no exercise or too much exercise or activity, or by using the body for purposes that are not wholesome and godly, whether in business, or in the social or other realm.
The opposite of wasting things is to conserve. Always seek to conserve life, liberty, property, money, material objects, your body, and your emotions.
6. REMAIN CLEAN, NEAT AND TIDY IN ALL WAYS. This is to avoid disease, distraction, and loss. It also will help you save time on projects, for example. This does not mean to be compulsively neat, forcing every bit of dust out of the house and forcing others to be perfect, for example.
However, a general cleanliness and tidiness with the body, the emotions, and the thoughts will move you forward safely more than most other things.
7. STRIVE TO BE INDUSTRIOUS AND EFFICIENT. Do not be idle most of the time, and try not to “do things the hard way”. Instead, learn to work and do things fully, pleasantly, and with joy. Many people get little done because they oppose their own efforts, hating their work and themselves.
However, this does not mean to be compulsively busy and to not rest enough. Just be industrious as a general trait of behavior.
8. STRIVE TO BE MODEST. Modest here means humble and moderate. Its opposite is arrogance, showiness, and a general lack of humility. Modesty also applies to your dress, your speech and all actions.
CARING FOR THE BODY AND MIND
1. EAT MAINLY COOKED VEGETABLES (ABOUT 70-80% OF THE DIET).
2. EAT SOME ANIMAL FLESH PROTEIN DAILY. In other words, do not eat vegan diets, lacto-vegetarian or ovo-vegetarian diets, or even just fish. Have at least one portion daily of chicken, turkey, lamb, beef or wild game meat.
However, do not eat more than two servings of animal protein daily. Also, limit the size of the portions of animal protein to 4-5 ounces each.
Sardines are a special food today, in our experience. If you don’t like the taste, buy the ones packed in olive oil or sardine oil and put herbs or spices on them to make them more palatable. Any brand will do.
Do not eat products of the pig, as they often contain parasites, even when cooked well, and they tend to slow development for other reasons, as well.
3. AMONG THE GRAINS, BLUE CORN AND ORGANIC YELLOW CORN ARE VERY SPECIAL FOODS. They are rich in selenium compounds that will move you forward quickly in your development.
Organic blue and yellow corn tortilla chips are a good way to eat these foods. If you do not tolerate corn, try a little all alone. If this does not work, then follow a nutritional balancing program and usually in a few months, you will tolerate a little of it.
Other grains are fine in very small amounts, except avoid buckwheat and wheat, spelt and einkorn in all forms such as pasta, bread, pastries, breading and others. Wheat has been too damaged by hybridization at this time, even organic whole wheat.
4. MOST ADULTS NEED TWO TO THREE LITERS OR QUARTS OF DRINKING WATER DAILY. This is far more than most people drink. The best type of drinking water is generally spring water. Buying it in plastic bottles is fine. Do not drink with meals, but rather 1 hour or more after meals, and up until 10-15 minutes before meals.
The second-best type of water to drink in America and Canada is carbon-only or sand filter-only filtered water. It is not as pure, but it usually hydrates the body well. In some other nations, tap water is not safe to drink.
Do not drink reverse osmosis water, even if it has added minerals. Alkaline water is also not recommended. Read Water For Drinking on this site for more details.
5. DO NOT EAT SUGARS, AS A GENERAL RULE. This includes honey, syrups, nectars, raw sugar cane, fruit of any kind except a few black botija olives per week, fruit juices, or other sweet items such as rice milk, almond milk, soy milks, or other sweet things. These are all too yin today to be eaten.
6. COOK YOUR FOOD, except for raw dairy products. In other words, do not eat mainly raw food. Raw food is extremely yin and harmful for the body for this reason, no matter what other benefits it offers.
Also, human beings cannot extract enough minerals from raw vegetables, as the minerals are locked deep within the fiber. Thus, eating raw food slowly depletes the body of vital minerals, and for this reason it will slowly make you more ill, no matter what others teach and say.
An exception is that a small amount of raw dairy products are excellent for most people. Also, a good supplement is about 10-12 ounces of preferably fresh raw carrot juice each day. One can substitute 1-2 ounces of wheat grass once or twice a week if desired.
7. THE KOSHER LAWS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT OF THE BIBLE ARE GENERALLY A GOOD GUIDE TODAY. The most important ones include avoiding all pig products, avoid all shellfish, and do not eat the meat of certain other animals such as horses and dogs. It is also best not to mix dairy products and meat at the same meal.
It is not necessary, however, to have a rabbi bless all your food. Nor is it necessary to have two sets of dishes, one for milk meals and one for meat meals.
8. DO THE PUSHING DOWN MENTAL EXERCISE DAILY. It is not the same or equivalent to other meditations, affirmations, self-hypnosis or other spiritual practices. It is very unique and will heal the body and mind at the deepest levels. We do not recommend any other mental exercises or meditations.
1. YOUR MISSION ON EARTH IS TO 1) HEAL YOURSELF, AND THEN 2) HEAL AND TEACH ALL OTHERS.