THE SEVEN LAWS FOR THE CHILDREN OF NOAH
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© December 2018, LD Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
According to the Old Testament of the Bible, a great flood occurred several thousand years ago. It killed everyone on earth except for one righteous man – Noah. His wife, his sons and their wives were also spared.
After the flood, the following laws were given to Noah, to be followed by all of humanity. Since everyone except the children of Noah were destroyed by the flood, all of us are descendants of Noah. Therefore, the laws below apply to everyone on earth. To read more about the Laws of Noah, check Wikipedia and other sources on the internet.
THE SEVEN LAWS OF THE CHILDREN OF NOAH
1. Do not worship idols. This means do not worship gods other than the one God of the Hebrew Bible.
2. Do not blaspheme God. This means do not swear, curse, insult or otherwise use the name of God in an irreverent way.
3. Do not murder. Murder means killing someone without a very good reason. Usually, killing someone in self-defense is not considered murder.
4. Do not commit sexual immorality. This includes adultery (sex with someone other than one’s wife when one is married), fornication (sex without marriage), homosexuality, pedophilia (sex with children) or bestiality (sex with animals).
5. Do not steal. This may mean more than taking the possessions of someone else. It also means do not cheat people and do not steal the dignity of another person.
6. Do not eat flesh from a live animal.
7. Establish courts and a legal system to ensure obedience to the above laws.