MULTIPLE CHEMICAL SENSITIVITY
By Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© May 2016, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
Definition. A health condition in which the body is sensitive to, intolerant of, or reacts in an allergic manner to many chemicals and/or foods. Commonly these include plastics, scents, petroleum products, detergents, solvents, and other things. Food allergies are also often present.
Symptoms. When one is exposed to an allergic substance, symptoms may include fatigue, aches and pains, weakness, allergic symptoms, and at times mental symptoms such as depression or anxiety.
Diagnosis. Some conventional doctors do not recognize MCS as a valid diagnosis, and think of it more as a mental disorder. However, it is fairly common.
Names. It is also called ME or myeloencephalopathy in Great Britain. Sometimes it is also called idiopathic environmental illness or EI.
OBSERVATIONS FROM NUTRITIONAL BALANCING SCIENCE
1. This is a real condition. I do not think it is either a figment of the imagination or just depression, as some doctors believe.
2. In all cases, the adrenal glands are weak, and often toxic metals are involved, as well.
3. Most are slow oxidizers. This is associated with weak adrenal glands.
4. A nutritional balancing program is extremely helpful. It will often end the condition, provided one follows the program.
5. There can be a psychological component that begins as secondary to the adrenal weakness. The person becomes afraid of going anywhere, touching things, eating things, or doing things for fear of a reaction.
This psychological aspect can take over a person, which hinders recovery, in all cases.
6. A person must usually learn to push through the symptoms, at times, in order to eat properly and overcome MCS. This is quite important. Holding on to a completely fearful attitude will slow down and perhaps stop healing.