PROBLEMS ON NUTRITIONAL BALANCING PROGRAMS AND SOLUTIONS
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
Ó August 2017, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
This article concerns what to do when a problem develops during a nutritional balancing program.
THE MOST COMMON PROBLEMS
1. Body chemistry has shifted and a new program is needed. This problem has become much more common as the quality of the programs has improved over the past 10 years.
Symptoms: These can be practically anything. Generally, one starts to not feel well and old symptoms from the past may return. However, new symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety, hair falling out, digestive problems and many others may also suddenly appear.
What to do:
1. Stop the metabolic pack and the glandular products, and stop Limcomin or Zinc.
2. Contact your practitioner and ask that Dr. Wilson review your program, in case an update is needed.
3. If it is time for a retest mineral analysis, you can send in a new hair sample. However, also do steps 1 an 2 above.
2. You are not following the program correctly, especially the diet. This causes extreme problems, at times. Some people believe they can just take the supplements, without following the diet high in cooked vegetables. This does not work!
Nutritional balancing is a dietary program. Cooked vegetables taste wonderful when cooked properly, such as by pressure-cooking. We have not found a substitute for the cooked vegetable diet.
Symptoms. The body cannot detoxify properly and symptoms such as fatigue, bloating, weight gain, anxiety and others may occur.
What to do. Follow the diet! If you do not want to follow the diet, then reduce your supplements to at most one dose per day.
3. A healing reaction or retracing. This is also common on a nutritional balancing program.
Symptoms: This can be almost anything, depending upon past illnesses, infections and traumas, and depending upon a person’s toxic metals, toxic chemicals or other imbalances.
What to do:
1. Become familiar with the article, Retracing And Healing Reactions.
2. One can do extra coffee enemas, sauna sessions and reflexology sessions to see if this helps resolve the symptoms.
3. If the symptom(s) do not go away in a day or two, please stop all the supplements and contact your practitioner. Describe the symptoms and ask that Dr. Wilson review the situation and make recommendations.
4. Try not to make things worse by worrying and panicking. 99% or more often, reactions or symptoms during a nutritional balancing program are retracing, and you will be okay.
4. Retracing a trauma. This is also common. At times, one knows about the trauma, but many times, one does not even remember or know about a physical or emotional trauma that occurred early in life, for example.
Symptoms. The most common symptom is anxiety. However, other common ones are fears, anger, sadness, crying, or memories that are very unpleasant may surface.
At times, even if the trauma was emotional, symptoms can be physical in nature such as stomach pain or other digestive problems, tension in the body, shaking, headaches, nausea or other bodily symptoms.
What to do. Do the same as for #2 (Healing Reactions) above.
5. Sensitivity to a food or supplement. This is much less common, but occasionally occurs.
Symptoms. One will not feel as well after taking supplements or after eating a particular food. There could be digestive upset, headache, fatigue, other aches and pains, or some other symptom.
What to do.
1. Try by yourself to identify the particular food or nutrient that is causing the problem. At times, this is easy and other times it is not. Experiment a little with foods, for example.
2. Ask your practitioner to check with Dr. Wilson, and say you suspect a reaction to a food or supplement.
6. A flare-up of an illness that is not related to the nutritional balancing program. This is quite rare. It could be part of retracing or there could be a need for a change in the nutritional balancing supplement or dietary program.
Symptoms. There could be an aggravation of symptoms related to a condition such as arthritis, diabetes or some other health condition.
What to do. It is usually best to contact your practitioner and ask that Dr. Wilson review your program and make suggestions.
WHY MANY REACTIONS OCCUR
The uneven nature of the process of healing and regeneration of the body. Unfortunately, the healing process is uneven, meaning that it comes in fits and starts, and at times can be unsettling for this reason.
A very crude analogy is that it is like unloading a boat such as a garbage scow that is loaded down with garbage so that the barge is just above the water line. When one attempts to remove some of the load on one side, the ship tilts to the other side and may “take on water”.
In a similar way, removing toxins from the body and healing old infections can temporarily unbalance the body, causing symptoms. Fortunately, the wisdom of the body is such that it self-corrects quickly in most cases so these shifts or unevenness of the process is usually not dangerous at all.
The heavy toxic load of most people today. Most people today are high in up to two dozen toxic metals and have excessive amounts of hundreds of toxic chemicals in their bodies as well. This makes the entire physical system work poorly.
It is a factor that causes or can aggravate a tendency for a healing reaction to occur as the body is not as capable of handling extra stress. This is particularly a problem when one is starting out on a nutritional balancing program. As one progresses, the body’s toxic load is reduced, and the body is more able to respond to stress of all kinds.
The extreme nutritional depletion of many people today causing low vitality levels. All healing depends upon boosting one’s vitality. This same vitality is also used to handle all healing processes, toxic metal eliminations, healing of infections, and so on.
When vitality is low, as it is today in many people, the healing process can stall, although in general, the body’s wisdom as to when to proceed with metal elimination and healing of infections, wounds and other traumas is superb. Nutritional balancing works closely with this teleological process, or the process of healing intent of the body. This is a key to the safety of these programs compared to many other medical and holistic methods.
Poorly functioning eliminative organs. A key to removing toxic metals, toxic chemicals and biological toxins such as bacterial debris, dead cells and so on, is to have adequately functioning eliminative organs. This is not the case today with may people.
In fact, the colon is often the most diseased organ of the body, followed by the liver, the kidneys and even the skin, which is congested and toxic due to years of bathing in chlorine, fluoride, residues of chemicals, metals and pharmaceutical drugs.
As a result, when the body tries to eliminate toxins, it does not occur very well, and toxic substances back up in the blood causing other symptoms and problems.
Leaving one’s comfort zone in a number of ways. This is an important psychological and even physical reason for problems, at times. Many people are simply unaware of how ill, how malnourished and how toxic they are. As the body begins to heal itself, reactions that are really beneficial are perceived as scary and somehow bad, when the opposite is the truth.
These include not only physical symptoms such as headaches, rashes, heart palpitations and so on, but also negative thoughts, nightmares, fear and anxieties that were formerly buried and are now coming forth to be exposed and released.
FOR NUTRITIONAL BALANCING CONSULTANTS:
WHAT TO DO WHEN A PROBLEM ARISES ON A NUTRITIONAL BALANCING PROGRAM
Each situation can require different solutions. However, the first step is always to contact the person and ask some questions:
1. How well was the person doing the nutritional balancing program and for how long? For example, is the person doing the diet, the lifestyle, the drinking water (enough water and the right type), the extra detoxification procedures and the meditation exercise?
Often we find that a person is not drinking enough water, not eating enough vegetables, not sleeping or resting enough, and so on.
2. Is the person doing other supplements, other procedures, other medications? This is another cause for problems in our experience. Most other supplements, herbs and even vitamins are not necessarily compatible and can negate or upset the delicate balance of the diet, the supplements or other aspects of the program and need to be stopped.
At times, drug medication must be reduced as the body no longer needs it as much. For example, continuing on high blood pressure medication when it is not needed will cause the blood pressure to go too low, causing faintness and dizziness at times. Continuing with anti-diabetic medication when the blood sugar is normal may cause low blood sugar symptoms such as weakness and faintness, mental confusion and even blackouts.
3. Is the person using the supplements we recommend, or have they substituted other brands of supplements? This is a common problem. Certain substitutions tend to be okay, such as the fish oil, vitamin D and perhaps a digestive aid, although none appear as powerful as GB-3.
However, sadly many brands of calcium, magnesium, zinc, and even vitamin C do not seem as effective. We are researching why this is so, but it is a fact that keeps popping up and is most annoying. People think they are saving a few dollars with their favorite brand of supplements, but they are not deriving the benefit from the program as a result. This can be a serious concern if a person is very ill, for example, and has landed a few of our clients in the hospital.
4. Were there other circumstances at the time when the problem arose? For example, could the cause of the problem be an extra stressor that happened to occur when one started the program, such as something occurring at work, school or at home? Could the problem be due to getting a cold or flu?
For more on troubleshooting nutritional balancing programs, read Why Do some People Feel Worse On A Nutritional Balancing Program?