THE OPIOID DRUG CRISIS
By Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© August 2018, LD Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is only the opinion of the author and is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, prescription, treatment or cure of any disease or health condition.
In 2015, 91 million Americans were prescribed an opioid pan killer by their doctor. That is about one in every four Americans!
In 2017, 72,000 Americans died of drug overdoses. This is a staggering number that is far higher than the combined number who die in car accidents, suicide, homicide, wars, terrorism, or gun-related deaths. What is worse, the numbers have been increasing for a number of years at about 10% per year.
WHY IS THIS OCCURRING?
Reasons that are rarely discussed, but which we see in our clients are:
- The bodies are in terrible condition. Many people are in pain, depressed, anxious, and have other physical and mental symptoms.
This is due mainly to their diets, which receive little attention from health authorities, doctors and others in positions of authority. Very poor quality food remains readily available and heavily promoted on television and elsewhere.
- Often, people become worse off when they consult their doctors. This occurs because:
1. Very few doctors address the nutritional problem.
2. Doctors mainly prescribe drugs that do not solve the nutrition problems, and, in fact, further deplete nutrients, making the situation worse.
3. The drugs, at times, lead to drug addiction.
4. Psychologically, people become very angry and discouraged about all of this, and do not know where to turn.
- There is a lot of propaganda concerning the value or marijuana, in particular. As a result, people try this drug to solve their problems. However, in a recent report, the real culprit in the overdose deaths was marijuana, especially synthetic marijuana, also called K2 or spice. These are very dangerous drugs.
- Some of the state governments are much better than others at identifying and working with their populations to stop the drug use.
At a personal level, we suggest a development program to renourish and rebalance the body chemistry. It can eliminate most illnesses and symptoms. Go to the link Begin A Program to learn more about this.
As a society, there is a need to ban low-quality food. This is supposedly the job of the Food And Drug Administration. However, this is one of the most corrupt agencies of the US Government.
The failings of “modern” medicine need to be explained, and doctors’ education needs to change a lot. The medical system is quite corrupt.
Nutrition leadership from the government would be most helpful, and is sadly lacking. This could come from the Surgeon-general, the Centers For Disease Control, County Public Health Departments, Medicare and Medicaid, and other agencies that supposedly exist to protect health. These people are also not doing their jobs correctly.