GUN CONTROL CAUSES VIOLENCE
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© October 2019, LD Wilson Consultants, Inc.
The fundamental issue in the gun policy debate is the right to self defense and the right of the people to oppose government tyranny. It is not crime prevention, although guns in the hands of law-abiding people definitely reduce crime. This has been shown over and over again. (see the update below)
STATEMENTS BY THE FOUNDERS OF AMERICA REGARDING GUNS
“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” – Thomas Jefferson, in the proposed Virginia Constitution, 1776
“Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world, as well as property… Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War
“When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.” – George Mason, Virginia’s US Constitution ratification convention, 1788.
“The rights of conscience, of bearing arms, of changing the government, are declared to be inherent in the people.” – Fisher Ames, Massachusetts, Letter to F.R. Minoe, June 12, 1789.
“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.
A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but as the people perceive to be just and constitutional, for they will possess the power. – Noah Webster, Pennsylvania, An Examination Of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, 1787.
For many more such statements, read Quotes On Guns By the American Founders and Religious Leaders.
II. MORE DETAILS
UPDATE 11/19/19. Gun violence decreases in America. The American Federal Bureau Of Investigation just released the crime statistics for the USA for 2018. The crime rate is down compared to the previous year, continuing a 30-year trend in the USA.
Over the same time period, gun ownership in America has drastically increased and there are now estimated to be 400 million guns in the hands of the people. This means the more guns, the safer the people.
According to the FBI statistics, robbery in 2018 fell 12% over the previous year. The murder rate fell 6.2%. There is no “gun violence epidemic”, as we are told by the media.
Real gun statistics. According to the US FBI and other reporting agencies:
* 65% of gun deaths in the USA are suicides. These are mostly done by old men who are very ill and no longer want to be a burden to their families. Gun control laws won’t stop these deaths because they can use knives or other methods.
* The next largest category of gun deaths (about 20%) are inner-city gang-related deaths of young men, age 15-24. These guns are often illegally obtained, so gun control laws don’t stop them. Cities such as Chicago and Los Angeles, which have the tightest gun control laws in America, have among the highest numbers of gang-related gun deaths - a few every week.
* The next largest category of shootings are of women shot during domestic violence. Gun control laws will not stop domestic violence, which does not require a gun.
Shootings that make the news such as school shootings represent a tiny proportion of shootings. Gun control laws would not stop these. They often take place in cities with strict gun control laws.
Testing of the hair for toxic metals would help, however, to identify these sick individuals before they commit crimes.
Also, while liberal politicians scream about banning rifles, the FBI statistics show that only 2% of homicides involved rifles in 2018! This is fewer homicides than involved knives (11 percent), hands, fists and feet (5%) and blunt objects (3%).
Also, according to the Crime Prevention Research Center the number of permits issued for concealed carry of a weapon has increased to over 18 million in the USA, and this does not count the people in 16 American states that do not require a permit for concealed carry.
Women, especially black women, are the fastest growing group of Americans acquiring permits to carry concealed weapons.
Today, some in America want to reduce the ability of the people to defend themselves. This is an old trick of the authoritarians, socialists and communists. A well-armed population is difficult to control.
WORLD WAR II EXAMPLES
During World War II, about 100 people with handguns kept an entire Nazi army out of the Polish Warsaw ghetto for an entire month.
During the same war, the law in Switzerland that every home was required to have a semi-automatic assault rifle kept the Nazis completely out of that nation, although Switzerland is the close neighbor of Germany.
THE DOUBLE STANDARD
The liberals who rant and rave about gun control are total hypocrites. They have armed bodyguards and they are not about to give them up. They just don’t want everyone to have protection because they know that an armed population is difficult to control. Their real agenda is to disarm the American people to make them easier to control.
Today the Democratic Party gun grabbers in America couch their rhetoric in statements and organizations with sweet-sounding names. They call it “A peace plan”, “March For Our Lives” and “Mothers Against Violence”.
It is nothing of the sort. It is a simple power grab so that the people of the United States will lose more control over their lives.
Another phony term is “assault weapons”. There is no such thing. The term just refers to any semi-automatic weapon that has a fixed bayonet, a folding stock or a pistol grip.
GUNS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM
The truth is that guns do not cause violence. The cities in America with the strictest gun control laws such as Chicago have the highest crime rates. Meanwhile, those areas with the highest rates of gun ownership have lower crime rates.
The criminals find ways to get guns illegally. The people need access to them easily, privately and inexpensively.
Guns protect people and stop thousands of murders, rapes, other assaults and robberies every year in America and everywhere else in the world. That is why bodyguards and security forces have guns.
SICK MINDS CAUSE VIOLENCE
We’re breeding sick minds with junk food. If you don’t believe this, look up The Twinkie Defense on Wikipedia or other websites. It is the legal excuse that hypoglycemia causes murder.
Medical drugs such as anti-depressants, especially given to young people, have suicide and homicide as known side effects. Look up Peter Breggin, MD on Wikipedia or other sites. Most of the mass shooters around the world were taking SSRI anti-depressants such as Prozac when they committed their crimes.
Toxic metals are another cause of violence. Look up manganese madness on Wikipedia or other websites.
Brain allergies are also a serious and largely avoidable problem. Look up the work of Benjamin Feingold, MD, author of Why Your Child Is Hyperactive and Doris Rapp, MD, author of Is This Your Child’s World. They proved that reactions to foods easily cause erratic behavior and violence – and they can be prevented by removing the chemicals in our food supply.
Other imbalances in body chemistry besides toxic metals, toxic chemicals and hypoglycemia also cause violence.
This is well-proven by the studies of prisoners by William Walsh and Dr. Richard Gottchaulk. Another man who researched the subject is Alexander Schauss, PhD, author of Diet, Crime And Delinquency.
For more details, read Why People Kill?
WHY IS THIS RESEARCH NOT USED TO DETERMINE PUBLIC POLICY?
The research above is not taught to policy makers. Also, many in government want to bury the real causes of violence and instead ban guns. This serves at least two purposes for them:
1. They acquire much more power over the people. Many government employees have disdain for the ‘ordinary’ people and for the doctrines of America which places sovereignty in the hands of the Citizens, not the government.
2. Ongoing violence and shootings keeps the people afraid and therefore more likely to go along with all the schemes to ban guns.
RE-ELECT MR. TRUMP IN 2020
Normally, a policy article would not mix in advocacy for a political candidate. However, things are at a crossroad in America.
An important reason to re-elect Mr. Trump, no matter what you think of him personally, is his staunch support for the Second Amendment to the US Constitution, the right to keep and bear arms. By the way, the militia in America still exists. It is the Citizens of America.
NATIONS THAT BAN GUNS EXPERIENCE MORE VIOLENCE
Over the past 20 years, both Great Britain and Australia have imposed stricter gun control laws. This has not resulted in lower crime rates, as their liberal politicians had promised.
CITIES IN AMERICA WITH STRICTER GUN CONTROL LAWS HAVE MORE CRIME
Washington, DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco have among the most strict gun control laws of any cities. They also have among the highest crime rates in America.
WHY DOES GUN CONTROL PRODUCE MORE CRIME?
The reason is that criminals always attack the most vulnerable people in society. It is just easier. People who have weapons, or may be armed, are not good prey. Criminals will go to a different city or perhaps decide that crime is not worth the risk if people are armed and dangerous to them.
However, a disarmed population is easy prey and crime becomes easier and safer for criminals.
WHY DON’T THE LIBERAL POLITICIANS TELL US THIS?
The reason is that they want the population disarmed. The reasons are somewhat similar to the reasons why criminals like a disarmed population. The liberal, socialist, communist, and progressive politicians want people disarmed because:
1. Their real agenda is to overthrow the free society. Guns in the hands of the people get in the way.
2. Inability to defend oneself throws people more out of control of their lives, which automatically gives the politicians more power.
3. Increased violence serves their cause of taking over society. Encouraging violence might seem strange, but it is not. It is an old tactic – create a problem and then offer a solution that disables the people and empowers the politicians.
The most famous case of this occurred when Adolf Hitler staged an attack on the German Parliament around 1933. He then “came to the rescue” by sending in his storm troopers. They stopped the fake attack that he had engineered.
This stunt greatly helped Hitler win the support of the German people and helped him get elected prime minister of Germany. Once he did that, he disbanded the lawful, republican government and took over as dictator. That can occur in America or Europe, as well.
1. Breggin, P.R., Talking Back to Prozac, St. Martin's Paperbacks, New York, NY, 1994.
2. Breggin, P.R., Your Drug May Be Your Problem, Perseus Books, Reading, MA 1999.
3. Breggin, P.R., also Talking Back to Ritalin and Toxic Psychiatry.
4. Dishinger, R.C., Bad Behavior and Illness are Caused by Biochemical Imbalances, available free at www.biochemimbal-bahavior.com or call 502-684-9233.
5. Doctor Visits by Youngsters with ADHD, Arch. of Ped. and Adolescent Med., Dec. 1999;153,1257-1263,1220-1221.
6. Drug Company Advertising to Doctors, J. of the AMA,2000;373-380 and 391-393.
7. Eck, P. and Wilson, L., Toxic Metals in Human Health and Disease, Eck Institute of Applied Nutrition, Phoenix, AZ, 1989.
8. Greeley, R.E., Thomas Jefferson's Freethought Legacy, Prometheus Books, Amherst, NY, 1995.
9. Hoffer, A, Dr. Hoffer's ABC of Natural Nutrition for Children, Quarry Press, Inc., Ontario, Canada 1999.
10. Johnson, J.A. et al., Drug-related Morbidity and Mortality, A Cost-of-Illness Model, Arch. Intern. Med., Oct. 9, 1995;155(18)1949-1956.
11.Olarsch, I.G., and Stockton, S., Why are Kids Killing...The Nutrition-Mind Connection, Townsend Letter for Doctors, April 2000;201,108-111.
12.O'Meara, K.P., Doping Kids, Insight Magazine, June 28, 1999, available at www.freerepublic.com
Prozac Survivor's Support Group, at www.pssg.org
13. Rapp, D., Is This Your Child?, Quill William Morrow, New York, 1991.
14. Rappaport, John, Why Did They Do It? An Inquiry Into The School Shootings in America, (available at www.truthseeker.com)
15. Schauss, A., Diet, Crime and Delinquency, Parker House Press, Berkeley, CA, 1980.
16. Thiel, R.J, Nutrition-based Interventions for ADD and ADHD, Amer. Naturo. Med. Assoc. Monitor, 1999, or at www.healthresearch.com.
17. Tracy, A.B., Prozac: Panacea or Pandora?, Cassia Publications, West Jordan, UT, 1994.
18. Tracy, Ann Black, International Coalition for Drug Awareness, www.drugawareness.org
19. Wiley, H., The History of the Crime Against the Food Law, available from the National Health Federation, Monrovia, CA.
20. Williams, D.G., Teach Your Children Well, Alternatives For the Health Conscious Individual, September 1999, 800-219-8591.