COMMAND OR SOCIALIST ECONOMICS
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© July 2015, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
An economics professor at a local university recently conducted an experiment in his class using command economic proposals. It was called “redistributive grading”, similar to the socialist economic idea of redistributing money so all will have a fair share and none will be poor or rich.
All grades were averaged and everyone would receive the same grade, so no one would fail and all would be treated “fairly” and equally.
This is what happened: After the first test, the grades were averaged and everyone got a B. The students who studied hard were upset, but the students who studied little were happy.
When the second test rolled around, the students who studied little had studied even less and the ones who studied hard decided they wanted a free ride, too, so they studied little. The second test average was a D! Now no one was happy.
When the 3rd test rolled around, the average was an F. As the tests proceeded, the scores never increased as bickering, blame and name-calling all resulted in hard feelings and no one would study for the benefit of anyone else. To their great surprise, ALL FAILED and the professor told them that socialism would also ultimately fail because when the reward is great, the effort to succeed is great, but when government takes all the reward away, no one will try or want to succeed. It could not be any simpler than that. (Please pass this on). Remember, there IS a test coming up. The 2012 elections.
FIVE ECONOMIC AXIOMS THAT RELATE TO THIS EXPERIMENT
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work hard because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
Please heed this well, and please vote out the socialists (Democrats).