WHY POLITICS ON A HEALTH WEBSITE?
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© March 2016, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
Now and then I hear complaints about the political articles on this website, and that a few are placed on the home page of the website. They say this turns off some people, preventing them from beginning a nutritional balancing program.
Some people also wonder if I am really interested in health, or am I instead just promoting a political agenda. This article addresses these concerns.
ABOUT THE FEEDBACK
I am sensitive to the concerns of everyone who reads this website. I welcome feedback from everyone.
Most of the feedback is excellent. A number of people have told me they only began a nutritional balancing program because of the political articles and political orientation of the website. They had little else with which to judge the site, but the politics and economics, to them, is sound and was the basis for their pursuing a program.
WHY POLITICS ON A HEALTH WEBSITE?
1. It is not only a health website. It is a truth website designed to stretch the mind, fill in gaps in people’s knowledge, and designed to dispel many lies and deceptions that characterize our planet at this time.
2. Conservative, Judeo-Christian values are the truth. Liberal values are false. There is an all-out assault on Judeo-Christian values and Biblical values. However, these are the values that work and that built America, and that build health. This is just the truth, so we need to talk about it.
3. Liberal and progressive thinking is destroying America, and has already done horrendous damage to Europe. The damage is quite incalculable in terms of people’s health, the wealth of the nations, and more.
4. There is no intent or desire to offend, embarrass or humiliate anyone. However, I am totally sick of the politically correct idea that if you say something that offends another, it is hate speech or evil.
First of all, there is a double standard, if you have not noticed. If one speaks against the Bible, for example, calling it bigoted or homophobic, that is somehow okay. But if one speaks against the liberal agenda, that is “hate speech”.
It is not! It is freedom of speech, and this website claims this right and makes full use of it, and encourages everyone to do the same. Free speech is a basis for any free society. As soon as you limit that speech, the free society is gone.
Political correctness is just a clever method of thought control. Most people are duped by the rhetoric, but political correctness is just lying and a way to silence people who don’t agree with the liberal, progressive, leftist, socialist agenda.
5. There is no intent ever on the website or on my part to exclude anyone from the program. However, they need to know where we are coming from, as they say.
6. It is best to be proud to declare or “witness” that this website and this system of healing are in the Judeo-Christian and Biblical traditions. Hiding or obscuring this fact is nothing but cowardice – exactly what is allowing the liberal agenda to take over.
DOESN’T THIS “IN YOUR FACE” APPROACH TURN OFF PEOPLE FROM THE PROGRAM?
It turns off some people, and it encourages many others to read further and begin a program.
WHAT SHOULD SOMEONE DO TO PREVENT LIBERAL-THINKING FRIENDS FROM TURNING AWAY FROM THE WEBSITE?
1. Please warn people ahead of time, if possible, that this is a Judeo-Christian website and healing system. However, following the program does not require joining any religion or political party. The program works on everyone.
2. If someone objects to the website, please tell them to ignore the politics, if they prefer, and just focus on the health aspects.
3. You can refer them to this article.
ISN’T IT POSSIBLE THAT A LIBERAL-THINKING PERSON WILL BEGIN THE PROGRAM AND CHANGE THEIR THINKING?
This is possible. However, it rarely occurs, in my experience.
ARE YOU WANTING TO TURN SOME PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE PROGRAM?
No. Everyone is welcome. There is no statement anywhere on the website that says that some people are not welcome on the program.
IS THIS WEBSITE AFFILIATED OR PAID FOR BY ANY POLITICAL PARTY OR GROUP?
This website is not affiliated with any political party and does not receive any money from any political party, political organization or political candidates.
DO ONE’S MORAL AND POLITICAL VALUES REALLY MATTER?
The way one thinks affects most areas of life. Certain attitudes and beliefs greatly assist healing and development. This website promotes beliefs that I find enhance health and healing.
For example, taking complete responsibility for your education and health care tends to be very healing. Turning these over to the government tends to sicken people. So this website discusses these public policy and political questions.
Also, believing you are a victim always weakens and sickens the body and mind. So when you are told you are the victim of the wealthy, or of the corporations, or of anyone else, a wise idea is to stay away. Do not vote for those who encourage you to feel like a victim, or to blame anyone for your problems.
In contrast, an attitude of independence, self-reliance and a firm determination to control your own destiny tends to build health and confidence. Political and economic ideas such as a strictly limited government, free markets, capitalism, and clear checks and balances in government encourage this, so they are far more health-producing for you.
Yang and Yin attitudes. Healthy attitudes cause the body to become more yang. Unhealthy attitudes makes the body more yin and ill. For more on this topic, please read Understanding Yang And Yin on this site.
Truth. A belief in absolute truth also builds health and promotes development. This website teaches that truth is real and concrete. Truth is not “relative”.
Some political and economic lies are very popular, such as believing that more government tends to be better. This is never true.
Innovation requires freedom of choice and a free market capitalist economy. Nations that are socialistic do not permit new innovations nearly as much. So this website promotes the type of society that allows and even encourages innovations.
Moral, political and economic truths are no longer taught. So this website is filling a need in this area.