LIFESTYLE SUGGESTIONS FOR BETTER HEALTH
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© July 2023, L.D Wilson Consultants, Inc.
- Eat regular, sit-down meals, preferably at the same time each day.
- Avoid overeating. Stop eating before you feel full.
- Snack only if necessary with protein and/or fatty snacks to maintain your blood sugar. However, it is better to eat 4 or 5 small meals daily rather than snack all day.
- Eat slowly, chew thoroughly and make mealtimes pleasant.
- Remain sitting at the table at least ten minutes after each meal.
- Eat some cooked, preferred vegetables with each meal. This is critical today. I know it is more effort to buy, prepare and cook vegetables but it is very important!!!!
- Avoid salads and most raw food except for raw dairy products and an occasional raw vegetable.
- No vegetarian diets. These are killers no matter how romantic they sound. No pig products – all are toxic. Lamb, chicken, turkey and a little organic beef are good. No bison or buffalo.
- Avoid all refined sugar and sugary foods, including fruit and all juices except 10-12 ounces of carrot juice daily with a few greens in it if you wish. Wheat grass juice is also excellent as an alternative. Avoid all shakes and smoothies, and other sweet drinks.
- Avoid all products that contain wheat or spelt, including even sprouted wheat. Some people need to avoid all gluten-containing foods as well, which includes those made with rye, oats and barley. Many prepared foods contain gluten.
- Avoid poorer quality pasteurized milk, cheese and yogurt products. Adults need 8 ounces daily of goat yogurt or goat cheese.
REST AND EXERCISE
- Obtain plenty of rest and sleep. Most healing takes place while you are asleep. Go to bed between 8 and 9 PM every night. Do your best to sleep nine hours or more nightly.
- Do your best to rest lying down for 10 minutes at mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Vigorous exercise just overstimulates your adrenal glands. Limit exercise to slow, gentle walking, preferably outdoors, and practices such as stretching, gentle bicycling or other gentle activities.
- Always stop exercise and other activities before becoming exhausted.
THOUGHTS, ATTITUDES AND EMOTIONS
- Always seek the truth. Express yourself with as much integrity as possible in all your relationships and actions.
- Always do your best to stay in the present moment.
- Observe negative thoughts without judging them, and without judging yourself for having them. This will help them to gradually lose their power over you.
- Cultivate gratitude for what you are and all you have, no matter how little it may seem.
- Forgive and let go of the past, even if it hurts. This does not mean you need to stay in touch with someone whom you feel wronged you.
- Spiritual alignment and grounding are most important. Doing the Pulling Down Exercise daily, and even walking, gardening and sitting under a large trees can be most helpful for this.
- Let go of grudges as soon as possible. Holding grudges just wastes energy.
- Do not set goals that bring frustration.
- For successful healing, settle in for the long haul and do your best to enjoy the process. True healing is not symptom removal, but occurs at much deeper levels.
- Emotional detachment is wonderful and is not the same as not caring.
THE ATTITUDE CHART
This is a very advanced science of relationship. It may sound unusual, but it is very helpful for health. Read about it at Tan Science.
This is an important companion article to this one. It is found at Happiness.
Home | Hair Analysis | Saunas | Books | Articles | Detox Protocols
Courses | About Dr. Wilson | The Free Basic Program