PROGRAM SUPPORT COUNSELING
Updated November 2018
Listed below is a professional counselor who also understands development programs, and is on a development program herself.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS SERVICE?
It is for anyone who wishes to talk to a professional counselor about anything going on in your life.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THIS PROGRAM SUPPORT COUNSELING AND REGULAR COUNSELING
1. This is an energetic approach to healing and trauma release. This means that the program increases you energy level, and then the body does the healing. This is described in the article entitled Trauma Release And Development.
Counseling is therefore mainly supportive, and that is all most everyone needs. Your counselor may also help you understand purification reactions or Retracing, and how to move through blocks without resorting to drugs, in almost all cases.
2. Referrals. Your counselor is on a development program, and understands how it works. She or he will keep you on your program.
This is very different from regular counseling who often do not believe in nutrition and often discourage people from staying with their program.
3. All done long distance. Counseling is usually by telephone, Skype or email, rather than in person.
4. The counselor has a different role. The counselor is not so much in charge of the counseling process, as he or she is a “helper on the path” during the client-centered process of bioenergetic healing and development. For details, read Introduction To Development.
5. Counseling is spiritually-oriented. This counseling is not based on the secular-humanist-liberal-progressive value system, as is most regular psychological counseling. Instead, it is based upon working with the teleology (healing intent and desire) of the body and the soul that everyone possesses.
It is non-denominational and non-religious in that it is not sponsored by any one religion, but it embodies most of the same principles used in Christian counseling.
THE PROBLEMS WITH REGULAR COUNSELING
We are reluctant and cautious about recommending regular psychological counseling for several reasons:
1. Most counselors are not oriented toward natural healing methods. Indeed, counselors today usually recommend the use of medical drugs, or other medical procedures. In fact, however, these are rarely needed when one follows a development program, and they easily interfere with development.
Medical drugs should be used only as a last resort. However, many counselors use them right away.
2. Among counselors who know about natural methods of healing, few are familiar with development science. For example, very few understand retracing, bioenergetics, the oxidation types, mineral therapy, and other key concepts of development science.
As a result, such counselors may suggest methods of therapy that are unsafe, or conflict with and damage a development program. These might include yoga, various meditations, homeopathy, essential oils, flower remedies, random supplements, or other methods that are not compatible with a development program.
3. Many counselors believe in a purely secular understanding of life. This is sometimes called the secular-progressive or liberal view about life. We find this approach basically false and often destructive for the person.
4. Some counselors are simply not competent or ethical enough. This is a significant problem, at times, and can lead to confusion and discouragement. It can be due, in part, to a faulty education or lack of experience. It can also be due to the counselor’s own impaired health, his or her unhealed traumas, or other reasons.
So please be careful when seeking counseling. Here is a much safer way to receive counseling.
PROGRAM SUPPORT COUNSELORS
We are pleased to recommend Jan Dean, PhD for counseling for people on a development program. Jan has a PhD in clinical psychology and is a licensed therapist in Arkansas. To contact her, call (501) 240-8869.
Procedure. Jan works long distance by telephone or perhaps Skype. Sessions are completely confidential, and no HIPPA or other state reporting rules apply to these sessions. Scheduling is flexible based on your needs.
Fees. About $50.00 per half hour. An extra fee will apply if extensive preparation time is needed.