THE CENTER FOR DEVELOPMENT, INC.
The Center For Development, Inc. achieved its tax-exempt IRS status on July 20, 2009 as a 501(c)3, public, non-profit, educational and charitable foundation. Its work in began in 1981 when Dr. Wilson decided to dedicate his life to helping others with their health through advanced nutritional methods. The work has expanded and grown since then as more modalities of healing and more sophisticated methods of testing have been incorporated, integrated and refined through experience with at least 50,000 clients and patients.
The mission of the Center For Development is to promote improved health and education throughout the world. More specifically, the Center promotes and teaches a sophisticated, safe and powerful healing system called nutritional balancing scienceñ. It does this through a large website, writing and publishing books and other materials, offering educational programs, offering financial assistance to those who cannot afford a nutritional program, and personal consultations and nutritional programs.
The Center For Development has no specific religious or cultural affiliations.
CHARITABLE AND EDUCATIONAL GOALS
1. Personal financial assistance. The Center For Development has some funds available now, and hopefully will have more in the future, to provide funds to pay for the cost of a nutritional balancing program, which usually is about $1800.00 to $2400.00 per year for at least a year or two. Right now these are only available on a limited basis, however, for those in dire need.
2. Free and low-cost educational material for professionals and the public. The Center For Development currently makes available to the entire world at no charge several thousand pages of up-to-date, helpful, easily understood nutritional and health information via the world wide web.
In the future, this will grow into a multi-language and more comprehensive information source to include more articles, books, audio, video, newsletters, courses of study, and more to educate people about the importance of basic nutrition, a healthful lifestyle, as well as more technical medical and nutritional information of a holistic and non-toxic nature to heal the body at the deepest level.
3. Health and wellness policy institute. Someday, I hope the Center For Development will also advise government officials, public health authorities, and others charged with setting health policy for the United States and other nations.
NUTRITIONAL BALANCING SCIENCE
The Center For Development advocates and promotes a particular healing and wellness methodology called nutritional balancing science. Its unique features are:
1. It can be highly effective when most other medical and holistic approaches fail.
2. It is very safe compared with conventional medicine and most holistic care. Modern medicine is acknowledged to be at least the third leading cause of death and disability in America today, even by those in mainstream medicine.
Nutritional balancing employs much safer, less toxic methods than medical and most holistic care. For example, it very rarely requires medical drugs of any type, and does not require chelation therapy, intravenous vitamin therapy, bio-identical or other hormone replacement therapy, or the use of possibly toxic herbs and other substances. It also does not use homeopathic remedies, but instead is based on reducing stress on the body at many levels. When this is done, the body heals itself quickly and easily in most cases.
According to our research, most herbs today are somewhat toxic or contaminated, no matter how and where they are grown. Also, while other holistic therapies are better than most drug therapy, much of it is not that safe and not even that effective in too many cases.
3. Much lower cost. Nutritional balancing is low in cost compared to most medical and holistic approaches. Keeping costs low is a major emphasis of nutritional balancing science.
4. Preventive and predictive. It can often predict and prevent most illnesses, a very helpful and necessary aspect of health care that is not given enough importance today.
5. Based on rebuilding the body, not remedies. This is a more theoretical issue, but important. Instead of the Òband-aidÓ or remedy approaches to health care used in most medical, holistic and naturopathic care, nutritional balancing fundamentally rebalances and rejuvenates the body at the deepest level. This is not as easy to do, so most doctors are not interested in it. However, the results are far more permanent, better for preventing future problems, and bring many other benefits to those willing to follow the program. In contrast, the use of ALL remedies is much more superficial.
6. Very unique. In my 30+ year career as a physician, I have either studied or observed most medical, holistic, naturopathic, homeopathic, and other healing methods. Nutritional balancing is the most effective, comprehensive, and one of the safest and lowest cost healing methods I have ever seen. I was very fortunate to find it at a time when its founder, Dr. Paul C. Eck of Phoenix Arizona, was alive and at the peak of his career. I studied and worked with him as his assistant for 14 years until his passing in 1996.
PRESENT ACTIVITIES OF THE CENTER FOR DEVELOPMENT
á Free general health advice. This is offered by telephone and email.
á Publishing and distributing four books: Nutritional Balancing And Hair Mineral Analysis, Sauna Therapy, Legal Guidelines For Practitioners, and The Real Self.
á Writing. Articles and book chapters are published at least six times annually in publications such as the Arizona Networking News, other magazines and websites, and elsewhere.
á Setting up offices, clinics and centers where people can become clients and learn the work as well.
á The production and sale of 24 compact disc educational programs regarding nutrition, lifestyle and spiritual development.
á Researching and distributing of health-related methods and products that are new, hard to find, or if we can offer them at a lower price.
á Basic and advanced training of doctors and nutrition consultants. The basic training is an academic program involving three courses in 1) nutritional balancing science, 2) sauna therapy and 3) legal guidelines. It is offered in association with Westbrook University, an accredited distance learning university based in West Virginia. The advanced training is free to doctors and nutritional consultants, and consists of reviewing patient charts with a personal coach via telephone or internet.
á Continuing education credits for licensed practitioners, at times.
á The development of a residential healing program. This is in its research and development stage. The goal is to have a one- week to one-month residential program for those who have difficulty doing the nutritional balancing program at home, or just want a retreat experience where all materials, food, drinking water and educational materials will be provided, and one can focus on healing the body and mind in a rural, peaceful setting with no distractions or interruptions.
á The Website. This is quite large, is all offered free of charge, and includes:
A. Articles. We offer over 600 concise, well-written articles about health, nutrition, and other health-related topics. All the articles are available free of charge.
B. Articles about other issues of importance today such as environmental awareness, national healthcare policy, psychological topics, meditation and others.
C. Warnings. An entire section of the articles are warnings about healing practices and products in both conventional medical and holistic or natural health care that should be avoided by anyone who is thoughtful and safety-minded.
D. A free referral network of practitioners around the world who offer nutritional balancing science. Practitioners listed must currently train with me or one of my advanced students.
E. Personal introductions and social networking. We assist people who wish to meet others who are following a nutritional balancing program. This is a need for some people. We will also assist qualified nutritional balancing practitioners who are seeking work opportunities.
F. Free plans to construct a near infrared light sauna. This type of sauna is inexpensive, powerful, very safe, and very effective as an adjunctive therapy for healing the body and mind. It helps remove toxic metals, toxic chemicals, chronic infections and has many other benefits as well. Dr. Wilson has popularized this type of sauna through the website and his book, Sauna Therapy. It is still mostly unknown, but is used in the Orient and appears to offer the best results at the lowest cost.
G. Testimonials and references for hair tissue mineral testing, nutritional balancing and sauna therapy. These can help people to understand what is possible using nutritional balancing science, tissue mineral analysis, and sauna therapy.
H. Meditation instruction. We recommend only one type of Judeo-Christian meditation that is extremely helpful for healing the body and the mind. Most meditations are not nearly as helpful, and can be harmful today. This is thoroughly and carefully explained in several articles.
I. A basic nutritional curriculum for junior high and high school students. This is a newer project to produce a series of articles and curricula that will lead young people through the maze of nutrition information in a way that they have a solid base of knowledge and can evaluate the many claims made for various nutritional systems and products.
J. Detoxification Procedures. The website offers procedures and commentary concerning over a dozen popular and less well known methods to enhance detoxification of heavy metals, toxic chemicals and other toxins from the body. This is an important topic in our polluted world. Unfortunately, many people are made worse by detoxification methods that may have worked in the past, such as fasting and vegetarian regimens, which we do not recommend.
K. Resources and support for nutritional balancing practitioners. These include handouts, diet sheets, tissue mineral analysis interpretation sheets, client forms and more. Developing these materials is also an ongoing project of the Center For Development.
The Center For Development received a $200,000.00 starter grant from Lawrence Wilson, MD in 2007. It has grown to several million dollars. The goal is to increase the assets of the foundation to about $100 million dollars so as to have enough to offer a full scholarship and discounts to anyone who needs them to restore health. Dr. Wilson donates his time to the foundation, as do others who help from time to time.
Most of the services listed above are provided free of charge as part of our non-profit status.
We sincerely welcome all donations of any size to assist with this effort.
Please address all correspondence to:
Lawrence Wilson, MD
c/o The Center For Development, Inc.
PO Box 54
Prescott, AZ 86302-0054, USA
1 (928) 445-7690
or send us an email by clicking here.