SUPERNATURAL LIVING OR TRANSHUMANISM
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© November 2019, LD Wilson Consultants, Inc.
Supernatural living is a concept in Hebrew and Christian theology that refers to living one’s life in a way that most people do not live, and one that is better, healthier and/or more exciting.
The Hebrew and Christian Bibles give multiple examples of the supernatural life. These include:
- people who lived much longer than most people live. These include Moses, Methuselah and others.
- people who had or developed special abilities such as mental telepathy or the ability to perform miracles.
- people who experienced unusual healing or were even brought back to life after life ended.
- other unusual abilities, such as the ability to quiet storms, the ability to ascend, meaning to take the body with one and leave the planet, etc.
Transhumanism is a newer word used in the secular world that means the belief or philosophy that human beings can transcend the normal or ordinary lives that most people live today.
The biologist, Julian Huxley, defined transhumanism in a 1957 article as follows:
“Up till now human life has generally been, as Hobbes described it, 'nasty, brutish and short'.
The great majority of human beings (if they have not already died young) have been afflicted with misery…
We can justifiably hold the belief that these lands of possibility exist, and that the present limitations and miserable frustrations of our existence could be in large measure surmounted…
The human species can, if it wishes, transcend itself—not just sporadically, an individual here in one way, an individual there in another way, but in its entirety, as humanity.
IS THIS WHAT GOD WANTS?
We ask this question in this way because the Bible speaks of a day when God or Jesus will rule and when much of the misery of life on earth will disappear. Indeed, millions of people pray daily for the appearance of the messiah and/or the second coming of Jesus or other holy men or women who will solve the problems of living on earth.
ARE SUPERNATURAL LIVING AND TRANSHUMANISM THE SAME?
Yes and no. Both the Bible and modern secular transhumanism want to improve life on earth. In this way, they are similar.
However, the methods vary greatly. The Bible refers to spiritual or supernatural events, beings and related changes on earth as the method of bringing peace, prosperity and longer life to humanity.
In contrast, modern secular transhumanism emphasizes scientific breakthroughs such as artificial limbs, brain implants, drugs that keep the body alive longer, freezing bodies and other newer technologies as the means to improve humanity.
FOUR METHODS TO ACHIEVE A SUPERNATURAL OR TRANSHUMAN LIFE
1. A divine intervention. An example would be the rapture spoken of in the Book Of Revelation. Some human beings would be lifted off the earth and moved to a more peaceful and happy planet.
2. Sincere prayer and living an exemplary Christian life. This is another individual method that some of the Catholic saints have used. This method may combine with the method above.
3. Modern technological methods. These might include drugs, nutritional supplements, organ transplants, electronic stimulators in the brain or elsewhere that heal diseases and extend life, freezing the body, or other technologies.
4. Development. Development is a genetic means to extend life and to cause the emergence of special abilities. That is, it works by activating genes that are within everyone. It also causes the opening of certain energy channels of the body.
Development is the goal of the healing programs discussed on this website. To achieve this requires:
A. The Pushing Down Mental Exercise.
B. Remineralizing, renourishing and detoxifying the body properly.
C. Making the body more yang in macrobiotic terminology (not in traditional Chinese medical terminology. They are somewhat different.)
D. Delicate balancing of the body to increase its adaptive energy.
Development. For details, read the section of articles on this website about it. Here is the link to the Read Articles page.
Transhumanism. For details, go to a number of websites such as http://www.lifeboat.com.