THE SALT RUB OR SALT GLOW
By Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© February 2018, LD Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
A superb procedure to speed up development and healing is the salt rub, also sometimes called the salt glow. It helps detoxify the body, is very alkaline, and very calming and grounding.
Salt is an interesting substance. Salt is so important for health it was used as money in the past. The English word, salary, comes from the word salt. In Spanish, the word for salt is sal. The Bible uses the phrase “You are the salt of the earth” (Matthew 5:13), to describe worthwhile people.
Salt is mostly a combination of two somewhat toxic elements – sodium and chlorine. However, it is not toxic when they are combined correctly.
Sea salt also contains other trace minerals that are very necessary for health. Avoiding salt or substituting potassium salts for unrefined sea salt is a bad idea, in our view.
Table salt. While unrefined sea salt is a very good food, refined table salt is a horrible junk food. Its trace minerals have been stripped away and often aluminum, a toxic metal, is added to it.
HOW TO DO A SALT RUB
The simplest and best way is to buy a salt bar from https://deadseawarehouse.com/dead-sea-soaps.html. Do not buy the salt paste from Dead Sea Warehouse. There is something wrong with it and it causes a rash.
Don’t buy salt bars made of Himalayan pink salt. They are not as good.
How to use a salt bar. Rub it all over your body when you are in the shower, or at any time during the day just take off your clothes and rub it on. It needs to stay on for at least an hour or up to two hours to have the full effects. One can get dressed after rubbing it on and walk around for an hour or two.
Making your own. The other option is to make your own salt bar. For one bar or one application, you will need about ¼ pound or 125 mg of unrefined sea salt.
Any brand of sea salt can be used. We like Real Salt by Redmond, but it is more expensive than some other brands, which also work very well such as Hain. The cost can build up because these should be done daily when one begins a nutritional balancing program.
Water. Mix the salt with a little water to make a paste. The best water to use, we find, is Ice Age Premium Glacial Spring Water. However, this, too, is a bit expensive and not readily available in many areas. Second best is another brand of spring water. You can also use filtered tap water.
Flour. Add a little whole wheat flour or white flour to the paste to make it more sticky. Some people prefer to use a little coconut oil instead of flour, and that works, too. Mix it together until you have a sticky paste.
Other recipes for salt bars on the internet.
WHY IT WORKS
The salt rub works by a combination of mechanisms:
1. Mineral nutrition. Sea salt provides many trace minerals that can be absorbed through the skin.
2. Detoxification. The salt seems to be able to remove certain toxins from and through the skin. It has a drawing action.
3. Alkalinizing. Salt is very alkaline and helps alkalinize the entire body.
4. Yang. Salt is fairly yang in macrobiotic terms and can help make the body more yang.
5. Plasma nutrition. Salt, with its cubical structure, seems to retain subtle energy, which is released into the body when the salt is applied to the skin.
6. Transmutation. This is more esoteric, but sodium is involved in an important biological transmutation ending with potassium. The salt rub may provide sodium to be transmuted into other elements the body needs.
7. Massage effects. Rubbing salt on the body has a massaging effect on the body. Massage can improve circulation, relaxes the body, feels good and may have other benefits such as relieving muscle tension, and more.
We are researching this newer procedure at this time. However, clients report it is safe, powerful for development, and feels very calming and grounding.