THE BUDWIG PROTOCOL
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© June 2018, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
Dr. Johanna Budwig (1908-2003) was a prominent German cancer researcher. She designed a cancer remedy that helps with some cases of cancer. We believe its effectiveness occurs because it supplies a lot of omega-3 fatty acids to the body. These will inhibit some cancers.
If a person is very low in omega-3 fatty acids and this is an important factor in their cancer, then the Budwig protocol is helpful. Otherwise, it is not helpful.
Her protocol is low in cost, and quite simple. Disadvantages are that it does not always work, although many people report that it helps. Also, it is somewhat yin, which we do not like.
NOTE: We do not recommend the diet that the Budwig Foundation suggests. Instead, we always recommend a complete development program along with the Budwig protocol.
THE BUDWIG ANTI-CANCER PROTOCOL
MATERIALS. Every day you will need:
1. 3 tablespoons (or British dessert spoons) of fresh, cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil. Barleans is a very good brand, if you can find it, although other brands will work, too. Always store this oil in the refrigerator.
2. 6 tablespoons of organic, low-fat (2% or less fat) cottage cheese.
3. 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds. (Always store flaxseeds in the refrigerator or freezer.)
4. You must have a small hand-held blender or immersion blender. This looks like a stick with a cord and motor on one end and the blade on the other end that one places in a bowl to blend food. They are inexpensive and sold at many large department stores. A regular blender will not work.
4. You will also need an electric nut and seed grinder or coffee grinder.
PROCEDURE. You must do the procedure exactly as described below.
1. First put the cottage cheese in a large mixing bowl.
2. Then add the flaxseed oil.
3. Blend until the two mix together into a creamy mixture with no oil sitting on top.
4. Now grind up the flaxseeds in the nut and seed grinder.
5. Immediately add the flaxseeds to the cottage cheese and oil mixture and stir it in by hand until it is mixed in.
6. Eat the whole thing as soon as possible, and definitely within 20 minutes of making it. Do not make extra to store for later. Do not keep it around - eat it immediately, once daily.