by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© March 2018, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is solely the opinion of the author and is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
Definition. Autointoxication is an old word in medicine that means the formation of toxic substances from within the body. For example, impaired digestion allows food to ferment and putrefy, producing very toxic chemicals. Also, cancer cells, bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites produce toxins.
This is the most common understanding of the word autointoxication. It is the formation of highly toxic chemicals such as cadaverine, methanol and other alcohols, aldehydes and others due to improper digestion of food. Instead of proper breakdown of food, in most people some of their food ferments or putrefies, also called rotting. This is extremely unhealthful, although it is often considered ‘normal’ by medical doctors and health authorities who do not understand how to improve a person’s digestion.
Correcting intestinal autointoxication is part of rebuilding health in all cases. It is often not difficult to accomplish. Basic steps are:
1. Correct the diet. Eliminate junk foods, and all toxic chemicals, irritants, and stimulants from the diet. This rests the intestines, allows it to rebuild and to function much better.
2. Improve eating habits. This includes avoiding overeating, chew more, relax at mealtime, do not eat in the car or on the run, and sit a few minutes after the meal.
3. Simplify meals. the digestive requirements to handle just one, two or three types of food at a meal are much less. This is especially important for anyone with weak digestion. This includes most everyone today.
4. Do not drink much liquid with meals. Drinking water or other beverages with meals dilutes the precious digestive juices and can significantly damage digestion. Drink before meals or an hour after eating and between meals.
5. Take a powerful digestive enzyme every time you eat. I suggest an enzyme that contains pancreatin and ox bile. The others are more yin in macrobiotic terms, and less powerful or have other problems such as being derived from fungi, as in the case of so-called vegetable enzymes. Betaine hydrochloride and pepsin are okay, but somewhat stimulating and not as good as pancreatin and ox bile, in most cases. Others, such as bromelain, are yin and not as powerful.
6. Eat some miso soup, saurkraut, or yogurt or even raw cheese in the diet unless you do not tolerate these well. These foods will help restore and maintain the proper intestinal flora. You can take a probiotic supplement, but in most cases this is not needed if you follow all the steps above.
These simple steps will significantly reduce intestinal autointoxication in most people.
BACTERIAL, VIRAL AND FUNGAL AUTOINTOXICATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
Hidden and usually chronic infection anywhere in the body produce what are called endotoxins and exotoxins. Some of these are deadly, and contribute to significant intoxication of the body.
The most common source of these toxins are chronic infections in the teeth, especially root canal-filled teeth. For this reason, I do not recommend root canal procedures. Many of them become infected. Other sources of infection in teeth are hidden abscesses, cavitations and, at times, gum infections.
Many other sites in the body can be home to chronic infections, such as the sexual organs, bladder, throat, bronchials, sinuses, ears and others. Many of these infections do not show up on x-rays and routine blood tests, so they remain uncorrected. If they are detected, many will not respond to antibiotics as they are fungal, viral or resistant to most drug therapy today.
A very important source of toxicity today are chronic fungal infections, most notably candida albicans. This organism produces alcohol and acetaldehyde, both of which are very toxic. Eating any amount of sugar – even fruit sugars - or too much starch “feeds” the candida organism, which often is in excess in the brain, for example, and results in mental fogginess or brain fog as a result of alcohol production there. The sinuses are also a common site of fungal infection.
AUTOINTOXICATION DUE TO CANCER AND OTHER DISEASES
Cancer and other diseases produce their own toxins that weaken and can kill a person. Literally hundreds of different chemicals are produced by various microorganisms or aberrant chemical reactions in our bodies. These give rise to strange and unpleasant body odors, bad breath, fatigue, and many other symptoms.
CORRECTION OF GENERALIZED AUTOINTOXICATION
I suggest a complete nutritional balancing program, including daily coffee enemas and daily infrared lamp sauna therapy, to correct most autointoxication. Only this program will slowly uncover and heal most chronic infections throughout the body.
Most of our clients have literally dozens of chronic infections that heal over the course of several years as the body’s vitality and energy improves with a nutritional balancing program. This is the only way to heal them. If the vitality is low, the body will not be able to heal them, even if one uses healing herbs or other antiseptic or antibiotic substances. Nutritional balancing greatly increases vitality, and for this reason does rarely requires any drugs, herbs or other antibiotic substances to heal chronic infections everywhere in the body.
An exception, however, is the healing of infections in root canal-filled teeth. This often requires the removal of dead teeth. Tooth abscesses, gum disease and cavitations usually will heal, if one has patience and follows the program properly. However, once a tooth has been damaged by removing its nerve, healing an infection often requires its removal.
Many sources of chemical autointoxication due to aberrant biochemical reactions will also heal with a nutritional balancing program. Some heal quickly, while others are more difficult to alter and require more thorough removal of toxic metals, for example, to change biochemical substrate concentrations and otherwise alter body chemistry.