PLEOMORPHISM AND THE SOMATID THOERY
by Lawrence Wilson, MD
© May 2011, The Center For Development
A less well known and not well accepted theory about the body has to do with tiny creatures that inhabit our cells called somatids. They are not physical beings, so they cannot be seen with regular microscopes, and require a special type of light microscope called a darkfield microscope to be seen. This idea is sometimes called the somatid theory or pleomorphism theory.
The somatids, according to Royal Rife, MD and Dr. Gaston Naessans of Canada, are a type of animal or creatures, in fact, that cohabit the body with us on a very microscopic scale. They live within the body cells and cannot be detected easily as they are not purely physical. Instead, they may be described as etheric beings who assist the physical body to live on earth in the conditions here.
I know this sounds vague, and Dr. Rife’s and Dr. Naessans work is not well-accepted in the mainstream scientific world. However, this may be because mainstream scientists rely on light microscopes and electron microscopes that both require destroying the somatids with various stains, in most cases, so they cannot view the living little creatures.
About 100 years before Rife, Antoine Beauchamp proposed the same theory, and I am told that Tibetan physicians proposed the identical theory some ten thousand years ago. Some doctors and others who use a dark field microscope claim they can identify the somatids, but I am not sure about this. Many who follow this work use various homeopathic preparations to alter and nourish the somatids in order to restore health to the body.
This science is also referred to in European homeopathy as the science of pleomorphism. The word mean “many forms”. The name is given because those who are able to view the somatids notice that they actually change form from normal to bacterial and even sort of fungal forms depending upon the health of the rest of the body, also called the terrain in this theory.
As a result, one way to improve the health of the somatids and stop the degenerative pleomorphism process is to improve the terrain of the body. This is exactly the way that nutritional balancing science restores health to the body.
To read more about Dr. Rife, Dr. Naessans and pleomorphism, read The Cancer Pioneers on this website.
EVENTUAL REPLACEMENT OF THE SOMATIDS IN OUR BODIES WITH OTHER TYPES OF ETHERIC CREATURES IN OUR CELLS
I am told that eventually, as a human being develops mentally and spiritually, the somatids are replaced by a different set of creatures inside the cells. These other somatid-like creatures give the cells a firmer, longer-lasting texture and other life-extending qualities such as better disease resistance. In fact, the replacement of the somatids one is born with is one of the goals of nutritional balancing science.
To the best of my knowledge, the replacement of the somatids is not discussed among doctors who endorse pleomorphism because most do not know how to accomplish the replacement of the somatids. However, I am told that the process occurs with nutritional balancing rather easily.
How the somatids are replaced. The keys, according to what I have been told, are:
1. The state of nutrition of the body must be drastically improved in most cases. We do this using the diet, primarily, and giving everyone a digestive aid to improve absorption of nutrients. Supplements are helpful as wlll, but too many supplements or sloppily chosen ones will upset the nutrition, not make it better.
2. The body must be made much more ‘yang’, to use the Chinese medicine term. This is, in fact, is one of the goals of nutritional balancing science, and the reason why the diet, supplements, lifestyle and even attitudes must be more yang in nature. This includes a diet with mainly cooked food, mainly cooked vegetables, animal protein daily, and no fruit or sugars. More yin approaches to healing such as vegetarian and raw food diets tend to be quite harmful for the somatid replacement process. Without this understanding of the somatid theory and pleopmorphism, some of our recommendations make little sense.
3. ALL the toxic metals must all be removed. This, of course, is also a goal of nutritional balancing science. Chelation does not go nearly deeply enough to finish the job, in our experience, and it is toxic, so we don’t use that method. Instead, one must slowly balance the system, strengthen the body, enhance the organs of elimination, and we use about 15 methods in an integrated fashion to remove ALL the toxic metals for the somatid replacement process to occur properly.
4. Remove hundreds, or perhaps a thousand or more, toxic chemical residues from the body. This is also a primary goal of nutritional balancing, and happens quite easily, especially if a person will use a near infrared sauna each day and do a coffee enema or two each day for at least 10 years in most cases.
5. The system must be maintained in a balanced and rested state for a long period of time. This is another goal of nutritional balancing. It requires a much more healthful lifestyle, a consistent diet or mainly cooked vegetables with some animal protein on a daily basis, as well as the proper supplementation, and avoiding all other methods and supplements that get in the way. For example, sadly, herbs today are harmful to the process, where in the past they were the best way to assure a balanced body chemistry.
Today, with our depleted and toxic food supply, the most important factors are to balance the oxidation rate and major mineral ratios on a hair mineral analysis when the hair has not been washed at the laboratory. I believe this was a kind of accidental discovery by Dr. Paul C. Eck, but perhaps I am underestimating his wisdom and intelligence on this point and I apologize if I am.
To do all of the above may seem like a tall order, but we do it all the time with those who will follow instructions and stay on a nutritional balancing program with regular retests of the hair for at least a few years. This seems to be what it requires for most people. To read more about the concepts we employ, read The Theoretical Basis Of Nutritional Balancing and Nutritional Balancing, The Universal Science.
SPONTANEOUS REPLACEMENT OF THE SOMATIDS
I am told that in some people, the somatid replacement process occurs spontaneously or automatically to some degree without any nutritional intervention. I do not understand why this is so, but it is occurring in some children today whose minds are more clear and whose bodies are ready, at some level, for the transition to healthier tissues.
Even though these children are as malnourished as all the others, they seem able to command the somatids to leave and be replaced by the second set of creatures that prepare the body to live on earth in a healthier way.
THE SOMATIDS AND HAIR ANALYSIS PATTERNS
The health of the somatids and their replacement are able to be measured to a limited degree with a hair mineral analysis. This is discussed in Nutritional Balancing And Hair Mineral Analysis (2010 edition).
Here is the short section from the book, which explains how certain common patterns may be related to the various pleomorphic states of the somatids:
PLEOMORPHISM AND THE SOMATID THEORY
Animal and human cells can change form and function, depending on the terrain or medium in which they live. This is an older medical concept dating back several hundred years, and also a controversial one. It is currently out of fashion, however. The word pleomorphism means many phases, many forms or many states of matter. The concept is that physical matter, especially living organisms, can take a variety of forms and change back and forth from one to another depending upon the terrain or the environment in which they find themselves. For example, bacteria might change into fungal organisms in a different environment.
The terrain includes nutrient levels, the oxygen level, the acidity, and the amount of toxic metals and other toxins that are present. These, of course, change in the human body depending on one’s state of health, oxidation type, stage of stress, mineral ratios and other factors. The concept is used in dark field microscopy and in some European homeopathy texts. This theory actually predates the germ theory. While Louis Pasteur is credited with the germ theory, his nemesis, Dr. Antoine Beauchamp, championed the pleomorphic view of body cells.
Pleomorphism emphasizes the terrain, while the germ theory places much less emphasis on the environment of the cells and focuses on categorizing and killing thousands of bacteria, viruses, fungi and other forms of pathogenic microorganisms that may inhabit a human body. The two men disagreed on whose theory was best. According to written records, on his deathbed Pasteur admitted he was wrong and that Beauchamp was correct. Post-modern medicine, however, is entirely built on the germ theory and mainly ignores the terrain or overall health of the host organism. In fact, they often poke fun at “health nuts” and at most detoxification regimens designed to enhance the cellular milieu of the body.
Well-known proponents of pleomorphism include an impressive list of European, American and Canadian scientists such as Guenther Enderlein, Royal Rife, MD and Gaston Naessens. Dr. Naessens calls it the somatid theory. He wrote:
"I have been able to establish a life cycle of forms in the blood that add up to no less than a brand new understanding of the basis of life. What we are talking about is an entirely new biology, one out of which has fortunately sprung practical applications of benefit to sick people, even before all of its many theoretical aspects have been sorted out."
According to the pleomorphic theory, all cells are capable of moving through 15 or 16 stages or forms. Only the first three or so are normal. The rest are pathological, ending with bacterial, fungal and perhaps viral forms. Dr. Eck was not aware of the connection between his research and pleomorphism, to my knowledge. However, it is possible that he identified some of the basic biochemical characteristics that cause the pleomorphic forms or changes in body cells. This is why I include the concept in this book. Below are listed the basic hair analysis patterns that I believe are associated with each of the main pleomorphic states. This needs to be researched more, however:
1. Fast oxidation, Na/K between 3-8, and Ca/Mg between 5-10.
2. Fast oxidation, Na/K less than 3 or more than 8 or so, and Ca/Mg between 5-10.
3. Slow oxidation, Na/K more than 3 and Ca/Mg between 5-10.
4. Slow oxidation, Na/K between 1-3, and Ca/Mg between 5-10.
5. Slow oxidation, Na/K between 1-3, and Ca/Mg between 2.5-5 or greater than 10.
6. Slow oxidation, Na/K between 1-3, and Ca/Mg between 1.5-2.5 or greater than 10.
7. Slow oxidation, Na/K between 1-3, and Ca/Mg less than about 1.5 or greater than 10.
8. Slow oxidation, Na/K between 0.5-1, and Ca/Mg between 5-10.
9. Slow oxidation, Na/K between 0.5-1, and Ca/Mg between 2.5-5 or greater than 10.
10. Slow oxidation, Na/K between 0.5-1, and Ca/Mg between 1.5-2.5 or greater than 10.
11. Slow oxidation, Na/K between 0.5-1, and Ca/Mg less than 1.5 or greater than 10.
12. Slow oxidation, Na/K less than 0.5, and Ca/Mg between 5-10.
13. Slow oxidation, Na/K less than 0.5, Ca/Mg between 2.5-5 or greater than about 10.
14. Slow oxidation, Na/K less than 0.5, and Ca/Mg between 1.5-2.5 or greater than 10.
15. Slow oxidation, Na/K less than 0.5, and Ca/Mg less than 1.5.
I will also list these as pure patterns. This is for research purposes in the future, and can basically be ignored unless one is particularly interested in this subject. The patterns and ratios below are those that would show up if one can eliminate all or most of the toxic metals and toxic chemicals from the body. They all are four lows macromineral patterns, but this is not the same as the four lows patterns written about elsewhere in this textbook. The pure patterns are as follows:
1. Four lows with fast oxidation, Na/K between 2.5-5, and Ca/Mg between 5-9.
2. Four lows with fast oxidation, Na/K less than 2.5 or more than about 5 & Ca/Mg between 5-9.
3. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K more than 2 and Ca/Mg between 5-9.
4. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K between 1-2, and Ca/Mg between 5-9.
5. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K between 1-2, and Ca/Mg between 2.5-5.
6. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K between 1-2, and Ca/Mg between 1.5-2.5.
7. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K between 1-2, and Ca/Mg less than about 1.5.
8. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K between 0.5-1, and Ca/Mg between 5-9.
9. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K between 0.5-1, and Ca/Mg between 2.5-5.
10. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K between 0.5-1, and Ca/Mg between 1.5-2.5.
11. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K between 0.5-1, and Ca/Mg less than 1.5.
12. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K less than 0.5, and Ca/Mg between 5-9.
13. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K less than 0.5, Ca/Mg between 2.5-5.
14. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K less than 0.5, and Ca/Mg between 1.5-2.5.
15. Four lows with slow oxidation, Na/K less than 0.5, and Ca/Mg less than 1.5.
This is quite advanced research. The implications are enormous, including the following:
Š If the terrain is all important, then diet, lifestyle, rest, sleep, thoughts and emotions should be the focus of our health care system, not drugs, surgery, fluoridation and other toxic methods.
Š If terrain is important, detoxification of the body is critical, as nutritional balancing asserts.
Š If terrain is critical, then keeping the body pure in all ways should be the goal. Morals, character development and careful education of the young are therefore of the greatest importance. The move today away from values such as total honesty and integrity in favor of political correctness and moral relativism is just plain stupid for the well-being of the society.
WHY IS PLEOMORPHISM AND THE SOMATID THEORY IMPORTANT IN NUTRITIONAL BALANCING SCIENCE?
The reason is that it contains truth and it can help one understand why certain foods, procedures, supplements, attitudes, habits and other lifestyle aspects are highly recommended, while others are shunned. It can also help one understand why certain adjunctive therapies such as chiropractic are highly recommended, while others such as yoga, tai chi, chi gung, and many others, in fact, are discouraged today by us. It is not that they do not have value, but they tend to get in the way of the replacement of the somatids for some reason or other. This is the primary importance of this theory, which otherwise is quite esoteric and not easily proven or disproven at this time in history.