HOW GOD WORKS
by Lawrence Wilson, MD
© September 2013, The Center For Development, Inc.
This short article is intended for those who are just coming to realize that we are totally dependent upon our Creator for everything. Some of the information may seem obvious, but it is not obvious to many people.
1. God, or ultimate beings and truth, are real.
2. The Creator is all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving, and all-seeing.
3. You can communicate with God through prayer and meditation.
4. Prayers are always answered. This means that prayer is always helpful.
5. Pray all of the time. Doing a prayer once a day or even ten times a day is not as good as praying very often until it becomes a completely habitual behavior. It is said that the angels just praise God continuously. This is the idea.
6. However, learn to pray correctly. Many people pray selfishly for money, for love, for friends, for a marriage partner, etc. If possible, try not to make your prayers selfish, as this will often work better.
7. Just ask God for the highest and the best in your life. Another way to do this is to ask for guidance and truth. Another way is to as for “thy will be done”. Read about this more in the article entitled Thy Will Be Done on this site. Another excellent prayer or affirmation is the 23rd Psalm of David.
8. God works in his own time. This means that prayers will not be answered on your time schedule, so do not expect this. Just keep praying and asking for help, guidance and truth.
9. Never, ever wish or pray for evil to be done to another, no matter how horrible you have been mistreated or harmed. Revenge is not your business. You may ask for justice to be done, however.
10. Do not try to understand God. This is beyond anyone’s understanding and a big mistake many people make, even religious people. It is said that God works in mysterious ways, and this is true.
11. Do not tempt God. This means do not say or think “If you love me, God, then you will do so and so”. This is considered a sin, by the way.
12. Do not turn away from God. Many people do this when something “bad” happens to them. It is always a mistake. They assume that either God is dead, or God does not like them. This is always incorrect. We are here to learn some lessons, so at times experiences are brought to our lives that are unpleasant and scary. This does not mean that God is not there, or that God hates you, no matter what you have done or failed to do. God is all-loving all of the time.
13. Decide to receive the love of God into your life fully TODAY. Many people do not really allow the Creator’s love into their lives. They place conditions upon it, decide they will do it tomarrow, or simply do not understand that the love is there, but you must take the steps toward God to receive his love. You must humble yourself, perhaps get down on your knees, and let go of your notions of what that love must look like. You may have to give up something, such as your fear, an illicit relationship, a dishonest career, a lying attitude, an angry attitude, or you may have to give up your depression and stop feeling sorry for yourself. All of these, and more, can block you from receiving the love of God fully into your life.
14. God loves everyone equally, so do not wish to be better than anyone else, as this is always wrong.
15. Everyone is worthy in the eyes of God. That is, everyone has incredible potential, so do not compare yourself to others in your prayers and never believe the lie that your problem is worse than that of others and too big for God to handle.
16. Everyone has “sinned” or made errors, and God knows this. No one is perfect, so stop trying to be perfect. Instead, do your best in every moment and know you are being observed and helped by great forces.
17. Try to get quiet every day. This is different than prayer. It is about receiving messages and encouragement and guidance. I find it is best done with the Roy Masters meditation exercise, as this one is safe, easy to do almost anywhere by yourself with no special instructions. Do it daily for at least one-half hour or preferably more. Make it a new habit.
18. God loves children very much. Never yell at children, never make them cry, never abuse them in any way, and always listen to them carefully, trying to answer their questions. Also, never let them out of your sight and never trust them with strangers. Protect them with your life, if needed.
19. God loves women very much. Some believe that women are meant to suffer from rape, molestation and other insults. This is always false. Some believe that women are to be sex objects because they are pretty. This is always wrong. You will suffer if you mistreat or harm a woman in any way.
20. God loves men just as much as women. Never abuse a male child, never scream at a man, never use a man for sex or as a ‘sugar daddy’, and never trick or deceive a man intentionally.
21. God loves animals, too. Never intentionally harm, yell, swear or otherwise mistreat any animal. Teach these truths to your children as well.
22. God loves the planet earth. Never intentionally mistreat, abuse, rape, pollute or deplete the soils of the earth. Instead, build up the soil with organic material, eat organic food grown without toxic chemicals that ruin the earth, seek environmentally friendly technologies and solutions to problems, and take from the earth only what you need.
No one needs a huge house, for example, or three or four cars. However, never put yourself in danger by driving a small, unsafe car or by living in a hovel, if you can help it.
Also, do not believe those who say the earth is dying, and mankind is evil and destroying “her”. This is completely false. The earth is alive and well, and here to serve you, mankind, in peace and harmony.
23. God loves the military. Never oppose the proper use of military might and force. It is needed on this planet at this time. The American military is the best in the world at this time. Other nations are not as spiritually advanced, and their military forces are therefore more dangerous for peace. However, military force is needed to stop tyrants like Adolf Hitler from taking over the world, so never vote for or advocate to abolish the military.
24. God loves the peacemakers. Therefore, pray often for peace and harmony in the world.
25. The kingdom of heaven is within. Do not seek it outside of yourself. You need not travel to Israel or India or anywhere to find or communicate with God and the angels. The ability to know your Creator is within each person. This is why freedom and full responsibility for our lives is so important, that each one may follow his heart and do the will of God without government restrictions on all activities.
26. Seeking the truth in all things is often the finest way to come to know God better.
27. God will outlast you. This means that you can be as miserable as you wish, for as long as you wish, and God will still be there to receive you and love you when you turn back to him. Jesus explained this idea in the Parable Of The Prodigal Son, or lost son.
TO BE CONTINUED …